ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley Decommits....Already

Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, SC
CX4mpr8WYAAkPCp.jpg

One of many to come....

Dude. There may be other (s) but . . .

not "many." We had six EE commitments. One has now backed off after a two day commitment period. Let's see how many of the other five show up for school this week.

Other de-commits of February signees? I accept that a couple of the "holdovers" will choose to "move along" because our interest and pursuit have diminished, but I really don't expect any major losses. But, maybe one - even two - of the good ones will change his mind.

I have accepted you for years as a brother pessimist. This "many" goes beyond normal pessimism.

Reactions: GCMD2
Give the kid some time. No doubt he is a smart young man and he should be as certain as possible about his college choice. Plus, we don't need anyone second-guessing their commitment after they've enrolled.

Many of our great players have wavered or switched to us late in the game. No use fretting about it.

I appreciate the way he said it. Let him think about it. If he comes here, great. If not, best of luck.

His situation does have special circumstance around it - his brother, recruiting fight with Alabama, and our staff change.

Reactions: wentzel25
We have one kid, considering us or UK, who says we'll know he picked us if he shows up on Jan 10th and now this one. The South Pointe kid might have room for early enrollment after all.

I won't go so far as to disparage a kid trying to make a very important decision, but it's getting kinda close.

Reactions: jonesz21 and GCMD2
One of many to come....
And you know this how?? What would make you say this unless:

1) You have inside info on other recruits,
Or..

2) You are one of those ultra critical of all things Carolina, and just couldn't help yourself.

Based on previous posts, I think I know which it is

Reactions: GCMD2 and Tigerof66
Exciting when learning of his commit, depressing and disappointing now, but wish him the best, sounds like the kind of young man any program would love to commit!! Go gamecocks !!

OK, he's just a kid, biggest decision of his life so far, good luck and all that good stuff. But throwing away his EE status would be very unwise. Trying to be nice here.

nothing wrong with taking a step back. It's a big decision that will affect the rest of his life. I hope he ends up here but wish him luck regardless.

Well Muschamp was Tanner's 3rd choice, so when these other coaches start talking to these kids, thye may listen and reconsider. Tanner just settled for Muschamp. Just like I said, recruiting, signing and being able to coach is all different.

Reactions: TwoTweezy and MVPs
I appreciate the rational and respectful posts in this thread. I came in fully expecting everyone to be mercilessly bashing Ridley and screaming bloody murder.

Reactions: TwoTweezy
I appreciate the rational and respectful posts in this thread. I came in fully expecting everyone to be mercilessly bashing Ridley and screaming bloody murder.
Agree. Expected a bloodbath. I guess his well written note along with USC still being in consideration have something to do with it.

Well Muschamp was Tanner's 3rd choice, so when these other coaches start talking to these kids, thye may listen and reconsider. Tanner just settled for Muschamp. Just like I said, recruiting, signing and being able to coach is all different.
If they look at the coaches on the new staff, they'll understand this is a program intent on winning again and big. This is a recruiting dream team. As for how well they coach the X's and O's remains to be seen, but I'd bet on major improvement going forward. The kids will see this.

Anybody remember that kid who filed his paperwork with FSU via fax machine then tried to back out and choose clemson? They wouldn't release him to clemson, if I recall.

Takes a lot to admit maybe you acted a bit hastily - especially when you're 18. Hope he ends up at The USC, but if not, we should all wish him well.

Reactions: GCMD2
I respect Cavins decommitment and his classy letter in regards to it, however this wreaks of the Bama coaching staff and family pressuring him into reconsidering his decision. It basically sounds like he decided to make his own decision and do his own thing and his big brother was having nothing to do with it. You all know how controlling some of these southern mammas can be

This is why I follow recruiting, but I don't get to up, or down, until signing day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT