ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on Twitter about Doty starting

Jbsc88

Apr 6, 2016
Vol Country (shoot me) TN
Interesting, if true. What do you guys think? Also, it's a rumor and not fact so please don't shoot the messenger. I post this for conversational purposes only. Any and all credit, if true go to the original tweeter Gamecocks Today.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rumors flying around that Luke Doty could start this week versus #7 Texas A&amp;M... 👀</p>&mdash; Gamecocks Today (@gamecocktoday) <a href="">November 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FWIW, TOS is saying the same thing. Guy said he heard it straight from a player. Apparently a lot of the veterans have been pushing for a change to be made, nothing against Hill, but felt they needed a spark
Both he and ryan should get to play. Hill is not the answer. Too slow! But he is bobo's boy so he only comes out if he gets hurt. He knows the playbook better than anyone. Great arm! Just lack of mobility. I still believe ryan should be playing.

Both he and ryan should get to play. Hill is not the answer. Too slow! But he is bobo's boy so he only comes out if he gets hurt. He knows the playbook better than anyone. Great arm! Just lack of mobility. I still believe ryan should be playing.

Ryan brings nothing different than Hill is why he isn’t playing IMO. I’d look for Doty to play if someone does

Luke is not starting at quarterback this Saturday. If that happens than Muschamp might as well go ahead and resign. Luke is not ready to start in the SEC. The kid can run and that’s it, his arm is not ready to take on this level of competition. If they gonna pull Hill out than Ryan Hilinski should get the start. 💯.

Luke is not starting at quarterback this Saturday. If that happens than Muschamp might as well go ahead and resign. Luke is not ready to start in the SEC. The kid can run and that’s it, his arm is not ready to take on this level of competition. If they gonna pull Hill out than Ryan Hilinski should get the start. 💯.

Brace, when would Doty be ready to start? Ryan is Hill 2.0 if we’re being honest with ourselves. Ryan can throw it deep, but can’t make the basic throws/reads consistently, I like the kid, but I personally think he is now behind Doty on the charts.

Brace, when would Doty be ready to start? Ryan is Hill 2.0 if we’re being honest with ourselves. Ryan can throw it deep, but can’t make the basic throws/reads consistently, I like the kid, but I personally think he is now behind Doty on the charts.
Ryan can throw it deep but not accurate. If he could have we would have blown Florida out.

Reactions: Cocky4SC and Brace1
ball.jpg
Another rumor is this item on Muschamps desk.

Well, RH3, it was nice knowing you. I wish you the best at your next school. 😔

I think he will wait to see who is the new coach before making a decision... I thought Hill was a good choice to start the first game, but I haven't seen much of a change, expect for the play calls...

We need to buy a winning coach and not one who has been fired... There is a reason why they were fired...

Agree with the previous poster that his arm isn't ready. This move smacks of desperation. You can't start Doty just b/c he's mobile. You won't fare any better with a mobile QB who can't throw well then you did with a QB who's a mediocre passer and not mobile at all.

Reactions: cadcock and Brace1
So a tipped ball, two crap routes by Joyner and Brooks, and an oline that protects like grandmas have rendered our qb substandard. Lol.

Maybe Doty can force A&M to punt. Maybe Doty can fight through and put some pressure on the A&M qb, or stop their run. I hope so.

Maybe we’re thinking Doty can be freshman Tanneyhill 2.0. Because “the veterans are pushing it.”

I personally would like to see the staff say your home uniform going forward is white hats, white pants, and garnet shirts, now get your a—— out there and play football.

So a tipped ball, two crap routes by Joyner and Brooks, and an oline that protects like grandmas have rendered our qb substandard. Lol.

Maybe Doty can force A&M to punt. Maybe Doty can fight through and put some pressure on the A&M qb, or stop their run. I hope so.

Maybe we’re thinking Doty can be freshman Tanneyhill 2.0. Because “the veterans are pushing it.”

I personally would like to see the staff say your home uniform going forward is white hats, white pants, and garnet shirts, now get your a—— out there and play football.

Stroll on over to the "Hilinski vs Hill" thread...another poster gave a good breakdown of Hill's stats. He's one of the worst QBs in the SEC and bottom half in the nation.

He might get a series in a sort of Wildcock set. Didn't Stephon Gilmore get a series to start against Clemson in which he ran the ball all but one play? Honestly, it's about time for this offensive staff to start pull all the punches. We have options sitting on the bench. We won't win half our games if we don't beat A&M.

couldn't agree more, when Jake Bentley transferred I stated he left because we have no WR's. I think it goes without saying that makes a QB look terrible at times. Granted Hill should get rid of the ball when no one is open but at times it appears he doesnt even have time or room to get his front foot down to even throw the ball away. NO qb is going to be successful with our group of WR's. And our defense is a joke, national champion gum bumpers. Right on with the uni's.

How do you know his arm is not ready, Have you been to practice etc... One of my best friends who is a gamecock fan went to see Doty play several times his senior year in high school and this guy got some wheels and does it with power. He said he had a big arm as well IDK just telling you what he said. Also I have a good friend and was almost a relative that plays on the gamecocks team right now but I haven't talked to him in a while but I know his dad real good and seen him last week and we discussed Doty and he said that his son said Doty looks good, I don't know what that means but it sounded positive to me. Man you know teams have and will continue to throw the kitchen sink at Hill because I can out run him, He is NO THREAT to run really and, They do RH the same way. I know that any coach would want their best QB to play that gives him the best chance to win and not put him out there just on a whim etc... So, which ever QB Bobo/Champ puts out there I will support and have confidence he is our best shot.

I think he will wait to see who is the new coach before making a decision... I thought Hill was a good choice to start the first game, but I haven't seen much of a change, expect for the play calls...

We need to buy a winning coach and not one who has been fired... There is a reason why they were fired...
Maybe. But that assumes that we'll actually make a change at year's end. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced we will.

The Hilinski story is one that will befuddle Gamecock land for years to come.

Rated as the number 2 pro style QB recruit in the country. Elevated to starter for the second game of his Freshman year. Plays solid against Charleston Southern (no big deal) and Alabama (pretty big deal). Then can’t hit the broadside of a barn against Missouri and Kentucky. Responds by playing a great half against Georgia on the road, but sustains some kind of injury or injuries. Plays poorly the rest of the season, save for one good game against Vandy.

He’s then replaced as starter by a Mountain West 5th year transfer, who South Carolina originally passed on as a recruit, and who hadn’t accomplished anything of note before transferring. Now, he’s seemingly been passed on the depth chart by a Freshman who just a month ago was getting more snaps at WR than QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT