ADVERTISEMENT

Salt Life, Yeti, Life is Good, Clemson?

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
Rock Hill
I am not a marketing expert nor do I keep up with trends. Just by observation I see the Tiger logo on so many vehicles. Somehow Clemson has become known for their logo. It is a world of monkey see monkey do. I am not buying that there are so many fans. I do not believe that a 13 year old girl is a dedicated Clemson fan. Driving around it is evident that the brand has taken a life of its own. Clemson must be drowning in revenue from all this. First you have the coach straight out of Mayberry, and of course the glamour of winning. Clemson has developed a sort of cult of personality. Maybe I should stop paying attention but it’s next to impossible. I can’t wait til these people go back into the woodwork. May be a while.

Reactions: BogCockGuy
It was the same way when we were winning. Even the Easley Wal-Mart had more gamecock stuff than Clemson.

I think Salt life is played out but I don’t get Yeti...I understand the coolers are great but u saw yeti buckets in Dicks for $50. Why do you need a Yeti bucket?

I think Salt life is played out but I don’t get Yeti...I understand the coolers are great but u saw yeti buckets in Dicks for $50. Why do you need a Yeti bucket?
For that matter, if someone is a fan of Yeti coolers...why put a sticker on a vehicle? Is it just conspicuous consumption? Do people win prizes for having the sticker like Planet Fitness does? Is this the new 'Tinder', where people find sexual hook-ups with those who share an affinity for super-efficient yet over-priced ice boxes?
I'm a big fan of a few beers and wines, my under armour pants, and Game of Thrones...but I don't have a sticker advertising them on my truck.

Last edited:
I am not a marketing expert nor do I keep up with trends. Just by observation I see the Tiger logo on so many vehicles. Somehow Clemson has become known for their logo. It is a world of monkey see monkey do. I am not buying that there are so many fans. I do not believe that a 13 year old girl is a dedicated Clemson fan. Driving around it is evident that the brand has taken a life of its own. Clemson must be drowning in revenue from all this. First you have the coach straight out of Mayberry, and of course the glamour of winning. Clemson has developed a sort of cult of personality. Maybe I should stop paying attention but it’s next to impossible. I can’t wait til these people go back into the woodwork. May be a while.

Thank goodness someone brought this up. This is an indication of how much I DON’T buy into this stuff. I know what Yeti is but have no clue what “Salt Life” is all about. Someone give me a clue please. I googled it and it just showed me a bunch of clothing. Is that it?

I like this Clemson decal design. Change it from orange to Garnet and it would look even better...

9c698bc092a9f520d718684645bd7543--clemson-decals.jpg

I'd rather see a cat turd as a Clemson sticker than that silly paw print.it would seem to describe their Aurora better

For that matter, if if someone is a fan of Yeti coolers...why put a sticker on a vehicle? Is it just conspicuous consumption? Do people win prizes for having the sticker like Planet Fitness does?
I'm a big fan of a few beers and wines, my under armour pants, and Game of Thrones...but I don't have a sticker advertising them on my truck.
Very true point.

Thank goodness someone brought this up. This is an indication of how much I DON’T buy into this stuff. I know what Yeti is but have no clue what “Salt Life” is all about. Someone give me a clue please. I googled it and it just showed me a bunch of clothing. Is that it?
Yup that’s it. Clothing line like Patagonia or Northface. Reminds me of cheap Guy Harvey that use to be southern frat go to before Patagonia

There's plenty if Carolina stuff out there and we still outnumber Dabo's minions significantly. Yeah, I don't get the Yeti thing. Not the coolers but putting the decal on the vehicle. Ego?

You don’t have a HHI oval sticker on your car?

I knew we were in trouble when they made the "I" in Ohio the harbor town light house on a sticker. I haven't stickered my car since the early 90s in high school. I do have my dear friends that put stickers on the inside door of their pool house/shed, so when I travel I grab a few here and there .

Reactions: Cock_Donor
I have been living a Salt Life & Lake Life all my life with out the sticker. I even remember Hilton Head before it became a suburb of Ohio.
I have some good Ohio friends who live in HH.

BTW, what is Salt Life?

I try to avoid salt. I am clueless, as usual.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

That same trend is hitting pretty hard here in Marion, NC. I won't say it has taken over UNC logo but it's gaining on the holes.

I have been living a Salt Life & Lake Life all my life with out the sticker. I even remember Hilton Head before it became a suburb of Ohio.

Me too.

Taken individually, I've found most Ohians are either, good, bad or indifferent. And there are some from that oversized Midwestern trailer park I've come to like.

But, a rant. Please indulge me.

The impact they as a species of yankee have had on the South through decades of mass migration has been largely awful, IMO. Hell, they pretty much have turned Beaufort into Toledo.

My wife likes a Beaufort Oldies station (they do play Beach music) which I suspect is run by Ohioans, but most of these ads feature somebody who wouldn't know a Southern accent from a cheeseburger, and one in particular shilling Port Royal real estate makes me want to secede from the Union.

I don't know if they're trying to appeal to other yankees, but it makes me cringe. Same thing happens in Savannah area.

Oh, the topper was when a commercial daily nonstop flights from Cinncinnatti to Savannah airport like it was a good thing.

Course, if I was from Ohio I'd haul ass South, too.

OK, end of rant. Hope nobody's feelings got hurt.

Me too.

Taken individually, I've found most Ohians are either, good, bad or indifferent. And there are some from that oversized Midwestern trailer park I've come to like.

But, a rant. Please indulge me.

The impact they as a species of yankee have had on the South through decades of mass migration has been largely awful, IMO. Hell, they pretty much have turned Beaufort into Toledo.

My wife likes a Beaufort Oldies station (they do play Beach music) which I suspect is run by Ohioans, but most of these ads feature somebody who wouldn't know a Southern accent from a cheeseburger, and one in particular shilling Port Royal real estate makes me want to secede from the Union.

I don't know if they're trying to appeal to other yankees, but it makes me cringe. Same thing happens in Savannah area.

Oh, the topper was when a commercial daily nonstop flights from Cinncinnatti to Savannah airport like it was a good thing.

Course, if I was from Ohio I'd haul ass South, too.

OK, end of rant. Hope nobody's feelings got hurt.
I guess spending all that time in graduate and law school in Ohio prepared me for Beaufort County. I love it. Just peeved that the St. Paddy's Day parade is not allowing alcohol this year for the first time ever....not because of an Ohioan but an Indianan...it sux.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Those damn planes from Ohio must have had a stop over in rock hill too and drives of them got off. I swear,its getting harder and harder to overlook their assanine attitudes

Reactions: SCexpat38
I am a avid hiking who had the privilege to live in Alaska for a year. I tell people the way you spot a tourist in Alaska is look for the Mountain Hardware, North Face, Patagonia clothes. No one other than tourist wear them there. But these companies sell the image well.

Only in the south..

South.
I guess spending all that time in graduate and law school in Ohio prepared me for Beaufort County. I love it. Just peeved that the St. Paddy's Day parade is not allowing alcohol this year for the first time ever....not because of an Ohioan but an Indianan...it sux.

I drove through Ohio once.

I don't go much to St. Paddy's anymore (can drink beer on my back porch with my Irish squirrels), but had some fun back couple decades ago. It's a party. Or was.

Why is he going, anyway? To rain on the parade? I thought he was some kinda evangelical Christian who doesn't condone alcoholic hazes.

South.

I drove through Ohio once.

I don't go much to St. Paddy's anymore (can drink beer on my back porch with my Irish squirrels), but had some fun back couple decades ago. It's a party. Or was.

Why is he going, anyway? To rain on the parade? I thought he was some kinda evangelical Christian who doesn't condone alcoholic hazes.
It's a bigger party now, than it used to be. Think more like a Savannah version of Mardi Gras. I quit going for the party about 10 years ago. Still went to the parade until a couple of years ago for the kids...but you had to be up early to get your tent up and all that on one of the squares. It just became a logistical nightmare.

Have no clue why he is going....it's not exactly a conservative bastion of Georgia. But people aren't happy about the no alcohol rule....that is as much a tradition as the parade and party itself.

That’s $50 bucks without the tool belt , lid , Rod holder , and storage container . Yeah I’m a dumbass , I got it all . I do have the nicest 5 gallon bucket on my block !!!!

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT