ADVERTISEMENT

Sandidge and Mincey....

Voltard insider CB'd Mincey to Tennessee, apparently they promised Mincey he would start. He is definitley not a Gamecock lean heading into tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
We need about 5 or so 5* players to catch up to Georgia's class this year. Kirby must have hired the Bagman away from ole miss since they are falling apart.
If we don't get the 5* 6.0 recruits, the high 5.9 4* recruits will have to suffice. It's like the Johns Hopkins University Students. Often times they have a chip on their shoulders because they didn't get the first choice of the Harvard's, Yale's or MIT's. Give me a hungry high 4* over a lazy entitled 5* any day. My point is I don't think this staff recruits lazy.

If we don't get the 5* 6.0 recruits, the high 5.9 4* recruits will have to suffice. It's like the Johns Hopkins University Students. Often times they have a chip on their shoulders because they didn't get the first choice of the Harvard's, Yale's or MIT's. Give me a hungry high 4* over a lazy entitled 5* any day. My point is I don't think this staff recruits lazy.

Connor Shaw was a 3* and he turned out to be one of the best overall players in the history of Gamecock football, just behing Big George.

I would take the 6 or 7 5* recruits along with the 4* recruits we have coming in. Most of our 5* players have turned out pretty good, and not lazy.

It’s sort of interesting that arguably two of the best players in gamecock history were 5*s. Although you probably could argue Clooney was lazy and entitled though, but I’m sure you’d take another one in a heartbeat.

I would take the 6 or 7 5* recruits along with the 4* recruits we have coming in. Most of our 5* players have turned out pretty good, and not lazy.
I was referring to Holtz days and folks like Meat, and 5 stars like Slay and Hurley that didnt live up to hype.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I was referring to Holtz days and folks like Meat, and 5 stars like Slay and Hurley that didnt live up to hype.
Summers was a huge disappointment, had a ton of talent, and showed it at times, but between the ears hed had issues. Slay and hurley never lived up to their rankings, you are correct.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
UGA is out of ships this year, so Sandidge is a lock for USC.
5 star CB Campbell just picked UGA, and UGA flipped top 100 LB from UM. I believe they only have one ship left for 2018 and they think they are getting LB Walker to flip from Bama. FWIW

Reactions: cockofdawn
UGA is out of ships this year, so Sandidge is a lock for USC.
5 star CB Campbell just picked UGA, and UGA flipped top 100 LB from UM. I believe they only have one ship left for 2018 and they think they are getting LB Walker to flip from Bama. FWIW
I ALMOST agree, i would say 90% Chance he comes play for Muschamp!!

Reactions: mavcock
Georgia has been having a heck a day, flipping kids and getting ships used up, and got a DT out of NC in Jordan Davis as well who committed in Nov but did not sign early.

It's adding up to Sandidge to SC

Last edited:
Not sure how this is happening but Texas has 27 and two other schools, including UGA, have 26. I think it’s BS but there’s some chatter UGA could take one more. Must be some LOI’s being delayed or not accepted for this class. Or, as I said, BS.

Not sure how this is happening but Texas has 27 and two other schools, including UGA, have 26. I think it’s BS but there’s some chatter UGA could take one more. Must be some LOI’s being delayed or not accepted for this class. Or, as I said, BS.
We did that a time or two when HBC was here. It usually means they expect a few to not qualify academically and be placed at a JuCo or prep. There will be some class attrition.

It means they have some 13th graders in their class.

We did that a time or two when HBC was here. It usually means they expect a few to not qualify academically and be placed at a JuCo or prep. There will be some class attrition.

Notre Dame has 27 right now and at least a half-dozen schools are at 26.

I think guys who sign in Jan can be backdated to the 2017 recruiting class for numbers. Idk how many they signed then.

Reactions: TheReelEss
A lot like Zion was 100% to Clemson?

Really not sure what the hell your problem is. Regardless, if you look through some of the old Zion threads, you'll see people saying he was 100% going to Clemson.
I don’t have a problem with you. I was referencing crystal ball predictions and u brought up Zion. I also said “idk.” Meaning they’re pointless.

While I think Rocky Bottom made a descent hire, he is walking into a "culture issue" to say the least. I predict some suspensions unless Pruitt wants to continue the Butch Jones legacy.

Fulmer could end up interim coach one day.

I bet the Rocky Bottom supports wish they had never fired Fat Phil.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT