ADVERTISEMENT

Saw that Jewelry Warehouse on Harbison is going out of business....

About to be 3 empty buildings there, the old Ryan's and Firenza Pizza
Harbison (Columbiana Mall) will look like Two Notch Columbia Mall area soon....I've been in the heart of it for 6 years and have seen the decline....Chapin is gonna blow up at the same time

G&B Traditions offers a discount for Gamecock Club Members as well. I'm a little worried about them honestly. They recently sent out an email asking for investors. They apparently cut a bad deal with a lender, and they need capital to expand their merchandise offerings. The Gamecock stuff is their highest profit margin by far. I've been a loyal customer for years, but Adams has eclipsed them in terms of selection and quality of stuff. Couldn't help that Under Armour has put out some butt ugly sideline gear in recent years. Peter Millar is my new go-to gameday wear. Pricey but great quality.

Not a huge fan of G&BT's website...not being from Columbia I cant get good Gamecock gear where I'm at. Anyone got a good local apparel company they know that has a great website.

I know about Fanatics.com, Lids.com, and some of other big names but I always felt like the local places had the better/more unique items

I just looked through Fantatics and they certainly have a wide selection but it's all over the place...some of the garnet looks red, some of the products have that "unlicensed" look, etc.

Addams is just ok. It isn't the most convenient, but Russell House has far and away the best selection of the two.

The hours are really odd, but the store at Williams Brice actually has the best selection.

They all are great for different things. Russell has just about everything, Addams has tons of UA options, and I still like the SC Bookstore on Main, which is the first place I ever bought Gamecock gear. As far as JW, they have a ton too. A lot of the Script and UA stuff, and the Cayce one is the best imo

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcock2001
Addams and Russell have decent gear on their websites too....good to know

Have you guys not seen the Facebook ad/page where JW has been trying to get investors to help crowdfunding?
There's a whole long story where they explained about when they opened that location back years ago they took out some big loan. During/after the financial crisis their lender changed their terms on the loan and they had to jump through a bunch hoops and liquefy assets to find a new lender to bail them out but it left them with too little cash flow to make large volume purchases that the apparel companies require. They did apparently find jewelry companies to work consignment agreements with them.

So for several years they have been limited in what apparel they could buy to sell. They are doing this crowdfunding thing trying to raise capital to buy more product and dig out of the hole.

Remember when they opened harbison all the way around the corner for kids? Then it went away

We'll probably now their lease is up and dumping that location is probably a great way to cut debt for their rebuild. I never go to their other locals as they are too inconvenient.

I'm not surprised that this jewelry store is closing. Many entrepreneurs did not survive the crisis because of COVID-19. Almost everyone has switched to online mode in the six months that the pandemic has been going on. The entire service industry provides its services online. To be honest, I never liked going to the stores. Due to recent events, No one can do it anymore. I cannot wait in queues, I do not want to risk being infected with the virus. There are no such problems online. My wife has no problems with shopping online, she finds gifts for the holidays very quickly, especially jewelry that she loves so much. For men, this is especially easy and pleasant, I don't have to go to the store with her anymore.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT