ADVERTISEMENT

SC - KY Game Thread

On the first 4th down try, I think the correct decision tree (short yardage down 6 early in the fourth, anemic offense suddenly with momentum and Kentucky coming off a long drive) you go to your OC and ask “do you have a play you feel good about?” Whatever satterfield says, you ask “are you ABSOLUTELY SURE? Because if we don’t get it you’re done”. He says yes sir I’m sure. They had a good play, guy dropped it. In the fourth, you start weighing # of possessions difference in score vs number of points, that gives edge to going for it. I don’t get how people think it’s so blatantly obvious we should’ve taken the field goal.

And the way our offense had been playing, how confident were you we’d get back to a position to score a touchdown?

that’s the only thing I’m going to defend when it comes to our offense or anything aside from the defense tonight.

because with our offense it was critical to keep it a one score game and not let KY get a 2 score lead with a fg which they did

Reactions: cadcock
On the first 4th down try, I think the correct decision tree (short yardage down 6 early in the fourth, anemic offense suddenly with momentum and Kentucky coming off a long drive) you go to your OC and ask “do you have a play you feel good about?” Whatever satterfield says, you ask “are you ABSOLUTELY SURE? Because if we don’t get it you’re done”. He says yes sir I’m sure. They had a good play, guy dropped it. In the fourth, you start weighing # of possessions difference in score vs number of points, that gives edge to going for it. I don’t get how people think it’s so blatantly obvious we should’ve taken the field goal.

that’s the only thing I’m going to defend when it comes to our offense or anything aside from the defense tonight.
Guess points don't matter to you - couple of field goals would have made it interesting. It really doesn't matter this year but if this is the decision making of this staff we are in trouble

58 rushing yards all game. Fiddy Ate. Fire that OC and OL coach as soon as possible. And Beamer - smh. Some of the decision making is really suspect. Unfortunately I don’t even care that much. I don’t feel any deep sense of anger or sadness. It went about how I expected it would. Classic signs of I just don’t really care anymore. My vested interests are waning each year after pulling for this team for 40+ years. I’m just kind of “meh…Not surprised at all.”
With a detailed comment like that It is hard to believe you don’t care that much

This looks like a head coach learning on the job and an OC who has a playbook full of cool plays but no experience to work out the details required to make the plays successful.

It would be one thing if we knew the OC was building up to something he’s done before, but we don’t have that with this OC. We’re hoping he’ll be something he’s never been before……a good OC that other programs want to hire.

Hopefully Beamer and Co. will start perusing the transfer portal.

Everyone on this board knew this was a project. I do think overall we are better than last year. D is much improved. This team needs two things to begin moving over the hump: 1- an OL that can at least get in the way, and 2- a receiver corp that can make a clean catch (even on balls we catch we tend to bobble that costs YAC).

Reactions: vacock#
Doty is garbage. If he is still hurt ok but he is slow if not. The QB coming in next year is garbage as well. We need a gun slinger. Our D is at least average but our offense is horrible. Dak is awful. A huge bust. He needs to transfer immediately. He needs to go to a D3 school. He is not a WR. He maybe a strong guy lifting weights but he gets barley touched he goes down. Also he he can’t separate. We can’t recruit and we can’t learn from our mistakes.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Why does it take some forever to see the obvious? I've said since Daks first spring game he wasn't going to be a good player for us. There's simply not a position for him. I wish there was but there's not. You put Jenkins in there and use him down the sidelines.

The verdict is also in on this staff. The DC might be serviceable but the OC hire that some of us questioned is laughable at this point. He literally has no clue what he is doing. And that leaves Beamer...a ton of just questionable decisions in this game. I hope he learns...sad that we have become a learn on the job type of program but it is what it is. He best get this offense clicking or we won't sniff a decent offensive recruit.

because with our offense it was critical to keep it a one score game and not let KY get a 2 score lead with a fg which they did
Yeah that’s a good point.
But you’d still need a td if ky comes back with a field goal though (would just be a six point game again). In that case you’d have to come all the way back down the field and get a touchdown. I don’t like our offense’s chances of putting together another long td drive, but like the chances of getting a field goal if we were down 2.

Beamer ball?? I Don’t see it. Ineptitude. I see plenty of that. I would argue that our offense is worse than it was last year. That’s pretty hard to do. At least we ran the ball well last year. Even if we did nothing else well. Beamer talks a great game. I see nothing on the field that backs it up. Beamer and Satterfield are in over their heads. The offense has been a train wreck.

He can catch you can bet on that. The Coaches are being hardheaded trying to prove something. Their stupid decision not to use him is killing them and they don't even know it.
Sounds like he’s in the doghouse for whatever reason. He’s a matchup nightmare. They could have used him on 4th downs or taking some shots in the end zone. Idk. He should hit the transfer portal.

I thought we had hit rock bottom under Muschamp. Don’t think so now
Hard to comprehend how inept this offense is. Pittman at Arkansas brought in some playmakers through the transfer portal and it has paid off for them and I believe Beamer will have to do the same. I guess it’s us and Vanderbilt now. Just another year of the same ole sh*t !

Guess points don't matter to you - couple of field goals would have made it interesting. It really doesn't matter this year but if this is the decision making of this staff we are in trouble
Play it out - we kick a field goal and are down three. Ky comes down and kicks a field goal, goes back up six. We then have to drive the whole field and get a td to take the lead. It was rare our offense was in a position to possibly get seven, would be hard to replicate and you’d probably have to get a touchdown to win the game.
I’m not gonna die on this hill but just trying to understand.
And no, three points doesn’t matter to me if it doesn’t help us win.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Why does it take some forever to see the obvious? I've said since Daks first spring game he wasn't going to be a good player for us. There's simply not a position for him. I wish there was but there's not. You put Jenkins in there and use him down the sidelines.

The verdict is also in on this staff. The DC might be serviceable but the OC hire that some of us questioned is laughable at this point. He literally has no clue what he is doing. And that leaves Beamer...a ton of just questionable decisions in this game. I hope he learns...sad that we have become a learn on the job type of program but it is what it is. He best get this offense clicking or we won't sniff a decent offensive recruit.
I love that kid (Dak) and what he’s about, but he just isn’t getting it done. He may be better suited at a smaller school where he’d probably excel - Jameyest comes to mind.

58 rushing yards all game. Fiddy Ate. Fire that OC and OL coach as soon as possible. And Beamer - smh. Some of the decision making is really suspect. Unfortunately I don’t even care that much. I don’t feel any deep sense of anger or sadness. It went about how I expected it would. Classic signs of I just don’t really care anymore. My vested interests are waning each year after pulling for this team for 40+ years. I’m just kind of “meh…Not surprised at all.”
Good. Go find another team.

I love that kid (Dak) and what he’s about, but he just isn’t getting it done. He may be better suited at a smaller school where he’d probably excel - Jameyest comes to mind.
I agree. I like his attitude a lot but unfortunately that doesn't parlay into football success.

Reactions: 92Pony
Doty is garbage. If he is still hurt ok but he is slow if not. The QB coming in next year is garbage as well. We need a gun slinger. Our D is at least average but our offense is horrible. Dak is awful. A huge bust. He needs to transfer immediately. He needs to go to a D3 school. He is not a WR. He maybe a strong guy lifting weights but he gets barley touched he goes down. Also he he can’t separate. We can’t recruit and we can’t learn from our mistakes.
How is Doty garbage? He's only played in like 4 games and throws better and more consistent than anyone we've had since Dylan Thompson. He has a shit oline and shit receivers (Vann is good)!

I get the frustration with Satterfield, and he may be gone in a couple of years, but the way our OL plays, I don’t know who could call an effective game.

The run game is not imaginative, but again with our OL, you can’t be. It seems like his pass plays have someone running open often. We either don’t catch it or have time to get it out. On the two 4th down calls, Brooks should have caught the first one, and on the second one the receiver has to get to the sticks.

We all wanted Joyner to succeed, but there is a reason some of the better programs wanted him…but on defense. Not offense.

Anybody else notice, at least early in game, we were running out of sets with receivers in tight? Just seemed like the entire defense was in the box. Gotta split the receivers out to spread out the D. I don't know about Sat. Not impressed so far.

Anybody else notice, at least early in game, we were running out of sets with receivers in tight? Just seemed like the entire defense was in the box. Gotta split the receivers out to spread out the D. I don't know about Sat. Not impressed so far.
I'll be the first to admit though, I'm sure he's forgotten more than I've ever known about offenses. Just calling what I think I see on tv

First game in 2 years. My experience continues to get worse. No band, just hip hop music. Lines so long for food and water that it’s not worth it. Chick fil et doesn’t take cash after waiting forever. Middle age pays the bills but the music and entertainment is catered towards those that don’t pay the bills. Not worth it. Flame on. I’m going to bed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT