ADVERTISEMENT

SEC, ACC, Big 12 more concerned about $$$ than players` health- that`s the bottom line & we all know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying for months we need to protect the vulnerable and aged and the rest of the world needs to move on including sports. Only problem is that America in general is so undisciplined that keeping it away from the vulnerable becomes the real challenge. You can't fix stupid.

But move on and put a full court press PSA campaign about staying away from the vulnerable. Otherwise we are going to die on the vine.

According to S.C. DHEC, there has only been one (1) death in the birth to age 20 bracket and 11 deaths in the 21 to 30 group so far. 87% of all Covid deaths are age 60 and older. Let the students play.

Last edited:
it. You can pretend, I won`t. Every second we turn around - masks, stay 6 ft. away, no large gatherings, spacing out people at restraurants, DIsney World, wherever. Can`t go see a movie. But you can tackle, get your sweat, spit, blood all over other people safely - yeah right! The ACC doctor said it`s safe - gee I wonder who writes his paycheck - no conflict of interest there. Sorry I love football but they were saying how, yes, the NFL acted early on to prepare for a season. With at least 40 % of Power 5 sitting out, you can`t have a playoff, or at least a valid one. The NCAA did not(with a leader like Emmert is anyone surprised). I`m fine with kids on campus but asking them to play a sport like football - well go ahead and justify it all you want. The pros get paid millions - they are set if they get Covid. Now they are saying it could cause long-term ramifications like some type of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - not exactly consistent with a future career in football. I know we all want it but we should just cancel and start over next fall, IMO. I know some people say it`s fine, but that doesn`t mean it is. It doesn`t get any more contact, in terms of sports, than football - maybe boxing would be an exception. Lets just scrap this awful year and look forward to 2021.We all know what the bottom line is though - $$$.

The risk of dying from covid is the same as driving to the grocery store. So if we are concerned about death we need to outlaw grocery stores.
I had covid. I'm in an at least group, According to BMI I'm morbidly obese, I have high blood pressure and asthma. I had body aches for and a cough for 2 days. Worked in the yard in 110 heat index both days. Never missed any work. Worked from home while symptomatic. I really wasn't sure I had it. The test itself was the worst part. Losing taste and smell for a few weeks sucked but oh well. Old, obese $8 an hour clerks at the grocery store are critical and have to work yet millionaires in great health with great medical care get to cower in there homes. Even if Covid was bubonic plague (which its real death rate is likely lower than seasonal flu) we cn't sit at home forever. Somebody has to grow food, fix cars, make medicine, electricity etc. We all can't sit at home forever. Doing so is both stupid and selfish. But what about the vaccine......well it appears to have adverse impacts in 50% of cases. Also it will likely only work on one strain. There are currently at least a dozen strains of covid. So even with the vaccine you can still get it. Until last years we cold the corona virus .....the common cold!

Our immune systems are designed through a million+ years of evolution to fight off viruses. Take vitamin d (80% of the US is severely efficient) and zinc. Also sauna treatments will get you over a flu or cold in 2 days.

Reactions: kidrobinski
The risk of dying from covid is the same as driving to the grocery store. So if we are concerned about death we need to outlaw grocery stores.
I had covid. I'm in an at least group, According to BMI I'm morbidly obese, I have high blood pressure and asthma. I had body aches for and a cough for 2 days. Worked in the yard in 110 heat index both days. Never missed any work. Worked from home while symptomatic. I really wasn't sure I had it. The test itself was the worst part. Losing taste and smell for a few weeks sucked but oh well. Old, obese $8 an hour clerks at the grocery store are critical and have to work yet millionaires in great health with great medical care get to cower in there homes. Even if Covid was bubonic plague (which its real death rate is likely lower than seasonal flu) we cn't sit at home forever. Somebody has to grow food, fix cars, make medicine, electricity etc. We all can't sit at home forever. Doing so is both stupid and selfish. But what about the vaccine......well it appears to have adverse impacts in 50% of cases. Also it will likely only work on one strain. There are currently at least a dozen strains of covid. So even with the vaccine you can still get it. Until last years we cold the corona virus .....the common cold!

Our immune systems are designed through a million+ years of evolution to fight off viruses. Take vitamin d (80% of the US is severely efficient) and zinc. Also sauna treatments will get you over a flu or cold in 2 days.
If you leave that part out the rest is probably a valid discussion piece. Less than 40,000 people die each year from car accidents and while I don’t know the exact number on their way to the grocery store it is probably substantially lower. When you lead with something that is blatantly incorrect many people will simply ignore the rest of what you say.

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
That’s like saying really old people still die from sex so they should stop having it. And that we should fundamentally change life because we’re afraid of the unknown.
"Real old" people lose interest in it before it can kill them. A friend told me that.

Yep, just like they calmed down on the crumbling economy when Obama took over for W. Bush. You sure got your finger on the pulse, bub...... o_O

If you can't see that the Democrats have the media in their back pockets then I can't help you. It should be rather obvious.

No one has mandated the wearing of condoms.....that's the irony.

But they encourage us to PRAY for the youth to not have sex with each other, as a proven preventative:

"And the truth is that Colin Powell had an opportunity here to reaffirm this president’s commitment to abstinence as the best choice for our young people, and he chose not to do that in the first instance, but — and so I think it’s very sad.

The other part is that, frankly, condoms are a very, very poor protection against sexually transmitted diseases, and in that sense, Wolf, this was — the secretary of state maybe inadvertently misleading millions of young people and endangering lives.

Well, I just simply believe the only truly safe sex, Wolf, as the president believes, is no sex. And we ought to, with leaders of the stature of the secretary of state, we ought to be sending a message to kids across the country and the opportunity had across the world that abstinence is the best choice for young people.

The problem is it [Colin Powell's support for the use of condoms] was too modern of an answer, Wolf. It was — it truly was a modern, liberal answer to a problem that parents like me are facing all over America, and frankly, all over the world.

iu

Because Fox News is the only network that leans right. The other six( including our partly taxpayer funded PBS) are all left and therefore split ratings from among left viewers
That still belies his point that liberals "have the media in their pocket." It's simply not true.

Six of seven tv news networks? Most big newspapers? Even some of my liberal friends don’t dispute it. It’s too obvious.
That's assuming your basic premise is true, that every other network not named Fox is liberal. It's not. Calling Trump out for the thousands of documented lies is not liberal. It's what the media is supposed to do, regardless of party.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
That's assuming your basic premise is true, that every other network not named Fox is liberal. It's not. Calling Trump out for the thousands of documented lies is not liberal. It's what the media is supposed to do, regardless of party.

How do you know that Trump lies when all but one of the news outlets are against him? How do you know that the media is not all liberal if that is all you get?

Case in point- Trump said that his Tower was bugged. Well there was an FBI lawyer indictment this week for lying on a FISA application to spy on the Trump Campaign. Has that hit any of the national media outlets?

Trying to leave Trump out of it ( I know, a near impossibility), but i went searching for the bias info charted. Here was one link where you can get an interactive chart.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

The common results were that yes, the three major networks all skew left, as well as obviously CNN. Some more than others, true.

I think this falls back to that idea of people watching the news source that aligns with their own notions. That source then appears fair and reasonable, while other sources on the chart appear too far left or right.

The mainstream media is very liberal. I flip to CNN at time and can't believe the slant they put on stories, the things taken out of context, the omission of things they may cast a good light on Trump, etc. I do some research though on their points because I want to keep an open mind. Most don't do that. They accept what they say and go with it.

How do you know that Trump lies when all but one of the news outlets are against him? How do you know that the media is not all liberal if that is all you get?

Case in point- Trump said that his Tower was bugged. Well there was an FBI lawyer indictment this week for lying on a FISA application to spy on the Trump Campaign. Has that hit any of the national media outlets?
I know he's lying because I have this thing called Google. It's pretty easy to fact check and against other various sources. I don't need a talking head on TV to tell me what the truth is.

But those other media outlets aren't against him. They're against lies. While they're certainly not perfect, their job is to get the truth to the American people. I could understand why they might get a little pissy when a sitting president lies as much as he does.

Last edited:
The mainstream media is very liberal. I flip to CNN at time and can't believe the slant they put on stories, the things taken out of context, the omission of things they may cast a good light on Trump, etc. I do some research though on their points because I want to keep an open mind. Most don't do that. They accept what they say and go with it.
I don't watch much CNN. But I do often fact check on my own. And more often than not, the so-called "liberal mainstream media" are dead on the money when it comes to fact checking Trump.

I think one thing everyone should be able to agree on, no matter what side of the aisle you're on, that the man is a habitual liar. You don't need the media to tell you that. He doesn't even try to hide it either. From his escalation of the birther movement, to his promised healthcare plan that we still haven't seen, to his tax returns he promised to release, to even some as simple as the projection of Hurricane Dorian's path. I think it's intellectually dishonest to not see why many people on both sides have no qualms about calling a spade a spade when it comes to his lying.

Fact check your media outlet

1. Do the reporters still equate the pictures of children in detention centers to Trump even though the original picture was taken before Trump was elected?

2. Do the reporters say that Trump is a racist because he said that there are people on both sides of taking down confederate statues are good?

3. Have the reporters ever said anything good about Trump’s policies or results?

I think it's intellectually dishonest to not see why many people on both sides have no qualms about calling a spade a spade when it comes to his lying.

Agreed. I think it's also intellectually dishonest to argue that the liberal media slanting left is anti trump over his lying, when they were slanted liberal long before he ever ran for president.

Fact check your media outlet

1. Do the reporters still equate the pictures of children in detention centers to Trump even though the original picture was taken before Trump was elected?

2. Do the reporters say that Trump is a racist because he said that there are people on both sides of taking down confederate statues are good?

3. Have the reporters ever said anything good about Trump’s policies or results?

I know he's lying because I have this thing called Google. It's pretty easy to fact check and against other various sources. I don't need a talking head on TV to tell me what the truth is.

But those other media outlets aren't against him. They're against lies. While they're certainly not perfect, their job is to get the truth to the American people. I could understand why they might get a little pissy when a sitting president lies as much as he does.
You're using Google to fact check. They are part of the left stream. They have been caught time after time when you search things, they have the left side slanted first. They have blacklisted conservative stories and news items. So your source is stained.

You're using Google to fact check. They are part of the left stream. They have been caught time after time when you search things, they have the left side slanted first. They have blacklisted conservative stories and news items. So your source is stained.
The biggest problem is people think because they don’t like the source the information isn’t accurate. While there are some cases where that is true (such as the hyperbolic opinion shows) when someone posts actual verified factual information it is true whether you like the source or not. I just don’t understand how we got to a point where alternative facts were acceptable as long as they met our narrative.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I don't watch much CNN. But I do often fact check on my own. And more often than not, the so-called "liberal mainstream media" are dead on the money when it comes to fact checking Trump.

Really? How did that whole Russian collusion thing they pounding into the airwaves for years work out?

Liberal media are the biggest liars out there.

So, in other words, they run to Fox to have their opinions and world views reinforced for them when the so-called MSM dares to point out Trump's lies and misdeeds? Got it.

No, you run to fox the see what he really said, not some liberal's opinion twisted into a lie.

How many here repeated the "trump called the coronavirus a hoax" lie that was pushed over and over by the liberal media?

I have followed YouTube more over the past several months to actually watch videos of what doesn’t make MSM, or gets spun by them when reported. Go search for yourself if you haven’t. Search....riots, looting...
You will get to witness all of this in Democratic run states and cities. Seattle, Chicago, Portland, LA, NY......If you haven’t done your research and only follow the news, you are being led down a bad road.
If you want chaos, continue on your path, keep your blinders on. This country is in trouble, and the Democrats are ignoring it.
You want a safe country that will again prosper, with law and order, Not afraid to walk down the street, then you know how you will vote.
If you want continued chaos, a move to giving free everything to everyone, with open boarders, not being able to protect yourself, you know how you will vote.
Look at the mass movements out of these cities.
Families are buying properties without even visiting.
And That really upsets me as well. Does anyone want people leaving and coming to another state. They voted the idiots in, man up and clean it up. VOTE THEM OUT IN THE NEXT ELECTION.

Reactions: hillstosea
Omg. So basically EVERYTHING that contradicts the way you want things to be is leftist? Do you have any actual proof of your claim?

Btw, I never said what I googled, though I know how to be discriminating in my searches.

Really? How did that whole Russian collusion thing they pounding into the airwaves for years work out?

Liberal media are the biggest liars out there.
Please. His own former attorney said he did it. Just because a Republican Senate refused to do their job doesn't mean he was innocent. If you think that was bad, just wait until he's out of office and the New York AG gets him in a real court of law.

It will be so nice when we are beyond this election, however it plays out.

Then we can start worrying about real issues like $50 Cheeseburgers, which are likely around the corner.

Ok man, those other outlets aren't against him. Ok.. This is the most ridiculous post of the day.

That still belies his point that liberals "have the media in their pocket." It's simply not true.

I'd really like to know who the CNN, MSNBC, etc brass (e.g. Jeff Zucker) are rooting for privately.

Clearly, having Trump in office is by far more profitable for them.

Omg. So basically EVERYTHING that contradicts the way you want things to be is leftist? Do you have any actual proof of your claim?

Btw, I never said what I googled, though I know how to be discriminating in my searches.
Yeah bud, we can tell you know how to discriminate facts. Sure you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT