ADVERTISEMENT

SEC COUNTRY REPORTING BRANDON MCILWAIN

McIlwain should transfer to Duke and try our Coach Roper's younger brother and Cutcliffe.

Jay Urich can QB in the SEC. Especially if Dylan Thompson, Tim Tebow, Dondrial Pinkins, Del Rio, etc have been starters. He is more talented and athletic than most of those guys and throws much better than Tebow.

You can't possibly mean this. Fantastic troll attempt. Bravo.

You just relatively compared Jay Urich to Tim Tebow...........WOW!

This.
I said I believe he will be a better
Passer than Tim. That was Tim's

Achilles heel as a QB but Jay seems to have a quick release and not the elongated throwing motion Tebow had in college.

Also, this is not a troll attempt. The
SEC seems to produce less NFL 1st round caliber QB's compared to other positions. Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford, and Peyton Manning are probably the best 3 over a 20 year
period.

I left off Cam Newton and Eli Manning.

I think only 1 won an SEC or National Championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: joplin gamecock1
Tim Tebow is a TV college football analyst and minor league baseball player after being cut by 3 NFL teams (Denver, Jets, and Patriots). He has never been a great passing QB. Even Johnny Manziel won the Heisman and Connor Shaw has been in the league longer than him.

Brandon fell from grace here quick. On here in the summer he was the savior. Then we saw he was actually kind of slow and could not see over the OL. He would make passes to the sidelines. Kentucky was painful. A coaches kid steals all his thunder and he number 2 at best. I would say he was a bust and he knew it. He was probably looking for a reason to get out.

Tim Tebow is a TV college football analyst and minor league baseball player after being cut by 3 NFL teams (Denver, Jets, and Patriots). He has never been a great passing QB. Even Johnny Manziel won the Heisman and Connor Shaw has been in the league longer than him.

You are digging a bigger hole. Wow.

That's why I would love for us to grab up Sirk from Duke. At least he has experience in the offense and can give time for Urich to learn and gain experience, rather than being thrown to the wolves if he isn't ready.

I seriously doubt that Sirk is looking to transfer to a program where he would be brought in as a backup. As far as BMac. Am sure the kid was frustrated. He felt like he got a bit of a raw deal with being judged with many receivers out, while Bentley had them at his disposal when he took over. Not saying BMac was better, but he felt cheated and maybe rightly so. But he was almost marketed as the savior of both the football and baseball programs. When it didn't work out in either, one can see how it wouldn't take much to send him packing.

I seriously doubt that Sirk is looking to transfer to a program where he would be brought in as a backup. As far as BMac. Am sure the kid was frustrated. He felt like he got a bit of a raw deal with being judged with many receivers out, while Bentley had them at his disposal when he took over. Not saying BMac was better, but he felt cheated and maybe rightly so. But he was almost marketed as the savior of both the football and baseball programs. When it didn't work out in either, one can see how it wouldn't take much to send him packing.
He felt cheated and rightly so? Come on? He was starting for an SEC team in game 3. What more can you ask for? It was clear to everyone that regardless of his weapons, he was not ready. If he was expecting a starting role regardless of his performance / progress than maybe he was cheated.

I just don't see how someone can post that Jay Urich is not capable of
becoming a starting QB in the SEC.

It's ok not to be the starting QB. There is only one per team. That's not saying he will not be successful. He is raw and less impressive than Nunez or b Mac out of high school. That's fact

Tanner McElroy and Brandon Nosivitch were going to be molded into sec QBs also remember

It's ok not to be the starting QB. There is only one per team. That's not saying he will not be successful. He is raw and less impressive than Nunez or b Mac out of high school. That's fact

Tanner McElroy and Brandon Nosivitch were going to be molded into sec QBs also remember

My thinking is long term. After 1 or 2 years under Roper, Urich will be at a level to run our offense effectively against any opponent on our schedule.

Roper has been a lot more successful developing college quarterbacks than GA Mangus.

My thinking is long term. After 1 or 2 years under Roper, Urich will be at a level to run our offense effectively against any opponent on our schedule.

Roper has been a lot more successful developing college quarterbacks than GA Mangus.
Mangus wasn't the problem. He was constantly working with SOS's projects.

Reactions: jonesz21
Mangus wasn't the problem. He was constantly working with SOS's projects.

Ironically, the winningest QB in our program history has worked a season with Roper in the NFL and a college career with Mangus. He seemed very complimentary of Roper to have such a short time with him.

I read Roper has developed multiple 3,000 yard passers @ the college level while @ Duke and Ole Miss. The improvement in Bentley in the short time he started last season was impressive. Future is definately bright with the offense that will take the field in 2017.

I hate to see him go, but you don't need the atmosphere that develops around a man who can't accept coaching. It's bad now, but time will take care of it, provided the program improves they way I think it's going to improve.

One of ours is leaving as well, Brice Ramsey, will be a grad transfer. Says he isn't mad at anyone just looking for an opportunity to play and doesn't see that at UGA. Leaves us with 2 scholarshipped qbs and 3 walkons. One of the walkons was on scholarship at Bama and came over, has sit out his year and will be eligible to play this fall. But still makes you nervous, 2 good enough to be on scholarship, 1 a true frosh, and 3 walkons and 1 of them a true frosh. I guess if you get to number 3 you are probably in trouble anyway.

Ive always thought one of if not the most difficult challenges a winning head coach has is retaining his staff once the big wins start to happen,but with the way transfers are becoming a common thing,the coach also has the added difficultyof retaining the players as well.Guess it becomes being a victim of your own success

One of ours is leaving as well, Brice Ramsey, will be a grad transfer. Says he isn't mad at anyone just looking for an opportunity to play and doesn't see that at UGA. Leaves us with 2 scholarshipped qbs and 3 walkons. One of the walkons was on scholarship at Bama and came over, has sit out his year and will be eligible to play this fall. But still makes you nervous, 2 good enough to be on scholarship, 1 a true frosh, and 3 walkons and 1 of them a true frosh. I guess if you get to number 3 you are probably in trouble anyway.

Our num 3 last year turned out being our best

I suppose you could say the here.I would think Jake B. was at least 3rd on the depth chart when the season began

Ive always thought one of if not the most difficult challenges a winning head coach has is retaining his staff once the big wins start to happen,but with the way transfers are becoming a common thing,the coach also has the added difficultyof retaining the players as well.Guess it becomes being a victim of your own success
At least with undergraduate transfers, a coach has control for at least 1 season to the future home of the player. With a coach leaving there is no control. With a graduate transferring, is there control?

McIllwain wasn't cheated. Even if he didn't have the top receivers playing, he is not a polished passer. Wilt Chamberlain couldn't touch a lot of the passes he was throwing. Wish him good fortune going forward.

Stalker alert!!

SeeyNgR0pawZBOwZhFueFumGTqwbf12N5-1aAwJQCFfV8m7fbx1v_Xoc9-xlM5yIaxn4nYgKB60iiaK2IopnH-ZYplRcPQH3__1Y_I5FW18grC6INWsgflWlOSGL7rfL-w

1280px-UGA_logo.svg.png

Wilt Chamberlain couldn't touch a lot of the passes he was throwing.

This right here!

The kids owe these football programs ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...you go to the program that gives you the best opportunity for personal growth & playing time. A full ride for 100% of these transfers is a given.
The decision is as personal as a coach taking a JOB at another school. No one has an alliance to the organization but FANS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT