ADVERTISEMENT

SEC...SEC...SEC...

Has the SEC won another bowl game besides this? Mizzou lost, UK lost, A&M lost. That leaves Auburn, us, UGA and BAMA. So SEC is 1-3 this year with a possibility of going 6-4 at best (if both UGA and Bama go to the title game)....

SEC is having a putrid year except the top two teams.

Has the SEC won another bowl game besides this? Mizzou lost, UK lost, A&M lost. That leaves Auburn, us, UGA and BAMA. So SEC is 1-3 this year with a possibility of going 6-4 at best (if both UGA and Bama go to the title game)....

SEC is having a putrid year except the top two teams.
As of now, no, the SEC hasn't.

I can’t stand any of the SEC football teams except a small hall pass to Vandy as they were the red head step child before we showed up. I’m over all of them & tired of all of them and unless I despise the opponent more ( wink towards clemsux & the suckeyes). I do not & will not pull for a SEC school out of some silly same conference obligation.....blah blah. I do respect some of their resumes and want for our university to collect rings, and stand on similar ground. Till then we are coming!

Well, I'm not really a conference honk. But if they win their bowl we get a cut of the $$$ so...
This time of year, hell yeah...go SEC!!!

And just watch all the taterheads if/when the ACC wins vs the SEC.

Dated a girl that went to miss st and even went to Orange Bowl with her family. Glad they won. Kentucky, A&M, etc. Screw them. I'm not a conference homer.

Dated a girl that went to miss st and even went to Orange Bowl with her family. Glad they won. Kentucky, A&M, etc. Screw them. I'm not a conference homer.
You and I cancel each other out.:D I think the conference brand is important. I also think that, right now, it is taking a hit.

A
I can’t stand any of the SEC football teams except a small hall pass to Vandy as they were the red head step child before we showed up. I’m over all of them & tired of all of them and unless I despise the opponent more ( wink towards clemsux & the suckeyes). I do not & will not pull for a SEC school out of some silly same conference obligation.....blah blah. I do respect some of their resumes and want for our university to collect rings, and stand on similar ground. Till then we are coming!
Amen brother.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I am just sick of the barrative that the SEC is “down” or the notion that we ar enot the touuhedt conference any more... Total BS. The fact is there are TWO SEC teams in the playoff and another was on the cusp of making it... So, there is even a second tier of really good teams this year. Then you kut a squad like Miss St who just lost their QB and coach but still beat Louisville- a team with onenof the best college players of all time at QB...- and even the percieced lesser teams arent doing too bad this year. Ky was a dumpster fire, so was A&M... we will see how it all plays out, but the Sec is clearly still the best conference!

Reactions: cocks25
You and I cancel each other out.:D I think the conference brand is important. I also think that, right now, it is taking a hit.

In the bowl season and for most inter-conferrence games, I pull for the SEC teams…

There's a couple of ways at looking at the Conf. bowl record thing…

One is: "you are what your record says you are"… and there is no denying that… 1 & 3 right now doesn't look very good…

The second way is to be a bit more analytical and note that since the SEC has 2 teams in the CFP (and the Big 10 none), that pushes teams "up one bowl" and tends to tilt the match up, power wise, to the other team. Ky. was playing a nine win, top 25 ranked Northwestern team… and danged near pulled off a victory. You have to wonder what might have happened if Benny Snell hadn't been (idiotically, I might add) tossed… A&M??? Crikey… a little… just a little bit of a pulse on defense and they get the win… Mizzou?? Hopeless… really, just a horrid "effort"… if you can even call it that… All the praising of their "resurrection"… and Locks "greatness"… I never saw it… against any decent defensive team, they struggle…

So, the SEC could easily be 3 & 1 at this point… and the narrative is totally different.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Everyone pulls for their conference. If you don’t believe it listen to wccp next week and all you will hear is how good the acc was

Reactions: rangercock
Amen Horseshoe. I hate all of the other SEC teams and hope they lose their bowl games. I only care about one SEC team: South Carolina.

Amen Horseshoe. I hate all of the other SEC teams and hope they lose their bowl games. I only care about one SEC team: South Carolina.
Sure. But the other teams winning helps us when we can beat them. If they dominate other conference teams, then recruiting-wise, it's "come play against the best teams, for the best teams." So the short-sighted view of "screw'em" isn't really useful to us. It will help us recruiting against clem tech, at least. Otherwise, I'm with you. Who really cares?

In the bowl season and for most inter-conferrence games, I pull for the SEC teams…

There's a couple of ways at looking at the Conf. bowl record thing…

One is: "you are what your record says you are"… and there is no denying that… 1 & 3 right now doesn't look very good…

The second way is to be a bit more analytical and note that since the SEC has 2 teams in the CFP (and the Big 10 none), that pushes teams "up one bowl" and tends to tilt the match up, power wise, to the other team. Ky. was playing a nine win, top 25 ranked Northwestern team… and danged near pulled off a victory. You have to wonder what might have happened if Benny Snell hadn't been (idiotically, I might add) tossed… A&M??? Crikey… a little… just a little bit of a pulse on defense and they get the win… Mizzou?? Hopeless… really, just a horrid "effort"… if you can even call it that… All the praising of their "resurrection"… and Locks "greatness"… I never saw it… against any decent defensive team, they struggle…

So, the SEC could easily be 3 & 1 at this point… and the narrative is totally different.

Just my 2 cents worth...
W/L is all that matters.

I can’t stand much of the Acc either, probably cause I’m over 40,
But Wofford beating UN Carolina & Ga tech in Basketball was a beautiful thing .... I will totally be rolling with the terriers for awhile & hope they sneak in and wreck someone in the tournament.

Think about UK basketball..... How could any of us pull for Calipari and sleep with a good conscience.

The SEC football landscape is amazing because we have teams dancing in out of the top 10 & 25 all year with multiple rivalry games each week (& it’s ok to enjoy Bama & UGA getting beat & I’m no Allbarn fan either ) even a team struggling SEC can take a top 10 to the woodshed & that is great. Do you think the conference pulled for us VS Citadel????. (Pardon that reminder).

This is some of the best theater in the world and we are all too close to talking season.

Reactions: rangercock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT