ADVERTISEMENT

Simone Biles pulls out of the team competition. It's unknown at this point if she will compete in the individual events.

How do you deal with it when flying alone? Didn't the pitcher Roy Holiday crash his experimental plane and died because of getting disoriented? Now I think they found stuff in his system. Not saying that caused anything.
If you realize you have it, their is a procedure to work through your instruments to get yourself reoriented....its a matter of trusting what the instruments tell you as opposed to your mind and body. Sometimes a good ATC can help.

If you don't realize you are experiencing it......the results are not good. Supposedly this is the reason for over 90% of crashes resulting from pilot error.

Don't know about the Holiday crash, but the JFK Jr. and the Buddy Holly crash were attributed to SD.

Reactions: TAV31
How do you deal with it when flying alone? Didn't the pitcher Roy Holiday crash his experimental plane and died because of getting disoriented? Now I think they found stuff in his system. Not saying that caused anything.
If memory serves me correct he was on some painkillers and doing some maneuvers in that plane that probably should not have been tried even if not on the painkillers. Sad and tragic, but completely avoidable.

Well, she got a bronze in something. Odd that she would bust her butt to be a part of the Olympic squad to represent her country and then b*tch and moan that she wanted it to be about her.

If you want something to be about you, don’t sign up to represent your country.

Shannon Miller was until Yesterday, but she is white, so she cant be a GOAT..
Fauci is the GOAT of epidemiologists....
200w.gif

Mike Tirico opened the telecast tonight by referring to Simone Biles as the ‘biggest star of these games’. Really? For doing what exactly? 🙄

Reactions: bflogger28
Mike Tirico opened the telecast tonight by referring to Simone Biles as the ‘biggest star of these games’. Really? For doing what exactly? 🙄
My guess is she was heading into the games and they haven't decided who to anoint yet for this Olympics. Tirico probably should've said nothing.

Baloney, if there was a star of this Olympics it would be the American Swimmer that won four Gold Medals (I think it was four).

Yes he does. He has lied his ass off. Sad that Trump had to go against him and restrict travel from China, the epicenter of the virus. What kind of complete utter moron would have ever though that was a bad idea. He's lied about masks. He's lied about herd immunity. He's lied about gain of function experiments. He's lied about the possible origin of this virus. A complete and total failure and fraud in every possible way.

Anyway, congrats to Biles for stepping up and taking the bronze. Glad to see her fight back to bring home a medal. Not sure what happened to her, but to get back out there and try again is commendable.

HHHHHMMMMMMM I disagree with the rule, BUT it is a RULE.. Saw this on ESPN about Biles..

According to the report, there were alarmingly high levels of cannabinoids present in her blood. Cannabinoids are a compound normally associated with marijuana use,

HHHHHMMMMMMM I disagree with the rule, BUT it is a RULE.. Saw this on ESPN about Biles..

According to the report, there were alarmingly high levels of cannabinoids present in her blood. Cannabinoids are a compound normally associated with marijuana use,

That’s not entirely true. You would have cannabinoids in your blood stream if you took Cbd.

False reporting. I sure can’t find any source that biles had cannabinoids in her blood. If she did it would be everywhere and she wouldn’t have been competing.
Sorry, Just cut and pasted from ESPN, if it was old news I pologize.

You never know what someone is going through.

Maybe, but I once saw Brett Favre play his ass off on Monday Night Football the day his own father died.

While this explains not feeling it the last couple of the days, it’s after the mental health reason and the twisties reason.

The major case of the twisties has been the explanations on why she couldn’t perform. Every other day it twisties.

Maybe, but I once saw Brett Favre play his ass off on Monday Night Football the day his own father died.

While this explains not feeling it the last couple of the days, it’s after the mental health reason and the twisties reason.

The major case of the twisties has been the explanations on why she couldn’t perform. Every other day it twisties.
Not everybody takes tragedy the same,some find motivation,some don’t.

WTH!!?? you put a "White Guy" in there?? How dare you!! Duncan, LOL, Malone LOL are better than BIRD!! You are not real bright are you??

What metrics are you working from Mr. Bright? Duncan had 2 more rings, better career stats and carried the Spurs for over a decade. Malone played for 19 seasons (vs. 12 for Bird) and had better stats.

Oh please...🙄🙄

I'm sure there's been greater liars, but the implications?

If GOF was indeed being funded by Fauci/NIH and it was the catalyst for the subsequent chain of events, he's on the Mount Rushmore of liars in the US {if not the entire world.}

That's before you even get into management of C19 and the conflicts of interest from all directions.

Reactions: WingchunCock
What metrics are you working from Mr. Bright? Duncan had 2 more rings, better career stats and carried the Spurs for over a decade. Malone played for 19 seasons (vs. 12 for Bird) and had better stats.
Don't bother man. You have guys on here still trying to put Bird over guys like Kareem, Kobe, Shaq and Lebron James let alone Tim Duncan. Most avoid Jordan so they won't look like a total idiot. However, they can't let Bird go even though he had one of the shortest primes (approximately 10 years) of any star basketball player. Don't get me wrong, Bird is an all-time great. However, you are a little biased if you still have him in your top 5.

Don't bother man. You have guys on here still trying to put Bird over guys like Kareem, Kobe, Shaq and Lebron James let alone Tim Duncan. Most avoid Jordan so they won't look like a total idiot. However, they can't let Bird go even though he had one of the shortest primes (approximately 10 years) of any star basketball player. Don't get me wrong, Bird is an all-time great. However, you are a little biased if you still have him in your top 5.
It was an Opinion. I too think Bird is 5X better than Duncan or Malone. As far as GOAT hard to not mention MJ as that!!

To be fair, Larry Bird was selected in 2020 by the NBA on the all time starting 5 along with Jordan, Lebron, Magic and Kareem. Only 5 basketball players were ranked higher in the Sportscentury Top 50 American Athletes of the 20th century. 3 Consecutive MVPs and only 2
players have done that in history. Was runner up on 4 other occasions. 5 of his 13 seasons were spent in the NBA finals. A couple of other seasons were within a game of being there.

I could go on and on. Considering his prime ran up against Magic and Michael, that’s not too bad. He may not be in everyone’s top 5 of all time, but he ought to be one of your first guys mentioned after that.

I also think it’s hard to compare him with centers. Shaq was elite but when those knees went, it was over long before he retired. I love Tim Duncan and it’s hard to say a negative word about him. He did have some solid underrated guys around him though.

***Side note all this Lebron super team crap is making me puke. I’ll pull for Giannis over him every day of the week. Lebron has spent a lion share of his career trying to stack the odds in his favor free agency wise. (Miami & LA)

To be fair, Larry Bird was selected in 2020 by the NBA on the all time starting 5 along with Jordan, Lebron, Magic and Kareem. Only 5 basketball players were ranked higher in the Sportscentury Top 50 American Athletes of the 20th century. 3 Consecutive MVPs and only 2
players have done that in history. Was runner up on 4 other occasions. 5 of his 13 seasons were spent in the NBA finals. A couple of other seasons were within a game of being there.

I could go on and on. Considering his prime ran up against Magic and Michael, that’s not too bad. He may not be in everyone’s top 5 of all time, but he ought to be one of your first guys mentioned after that.

I also think it’s hard to compare him with centers. Shaq was elite but when those knees went, it was over long before he retired. I love Tim Duncan and it’s hard to say a negative word about him. He did have some solid underrated guys around him though.
You have sportswriters that are biased too. Tell me if LeBron had a 10 year career and a couple titles that he would be anywhere near many pundits Top 10? He wouldn't be. Having Larry Bird in your Top 5 is a little like giving Steve Nash 2 MVPs over Shaq. Yea, Nash was the people's champ. However, do you think anyone that knew basketball really favored a Steve Nash led team to beat a Shaq led team? I have Bird in my Top 10. However, you can make an argument that there are three active Small Forwards in the NBA right now (Lebron, Durant, Kawhi) that will ultimately have better careers than Larry Bird. They will simply be more accomplished chiefly due to longevity resulting in more career achievement. It is hard to have a guy in your Top 5 when he is 3rd or 4th at his position.

You have sportswriters that are biased too. Tell me if LeBron had a 10 year career and a couple titles that he would be anywhere near many pundits Top 10? He wouldn't be. Having Larry Bird in your Top 5 is a little like giving Steve Nash 2 MVPs over Shaq. Yea, Nash was the people's champ. However, do you think anyone that knew basketball really favored a Steve Nash led team to beat a Shaq led team? I have Bird in my Top 10. However, you can make an argument that there are three active Small Forwards in the NBA right now (Lebron, Durant, Kawhi) that will ultimately have better careers than Larry Bird. They will simply be more accomplished chiefly due to longevity resulting in more career achievement. It is hard to have a guy in your Top 5 when he is 3rd or 4th at his position.

We are in an era of position less basketball so it makes it tough to compare. Lebron can play 4 positions realistically. I’m not sure I’d put Durant or Kawhi at Larry Bird status just yet.

Another point to consider is that Lebron and Durant had a 3-4 year jump on Bird with their professional careers since there was one year of college between the two. Bird did a dumb thing by crushing rock at moms house. That was the country boy in him that at that point in his career should have known better.

The Nash and Shaq stuff is a little hard to comment on. Yeah Bird is a white guy and has a large following. So did Nash. Don’t think anyone would debate Shaq being the better player.

If I had to build my team around anyone, the guys I would name before Larry Bird are likely on one hand…Michael, Lebron, Kobe. As far as guards go that would be about it. And I would definitely start with a guard because a big man with no guards is worthless. Lots of teams win without a big man.

We are in an era of position less basketball so it makes it tough to compare. Lebron can play 4 positions realistically. I’m not sure I’d put Durant or Kawhi at Larry Bird status just yet.

Another point to consider is that Lebron and Durant had a 3-4 year jump on Bird with their professional careers since there was one year of college between the two. Bird did a dumb thing by crushing rock at moms house. That was the country boy in him that at that point in his career should have known better.

The Nash and Shaq stuff is a little hard to comment on. Yeah Bird is a white guy and has a large following. So did Nash. Don’t think anyone would debate Shaq being the better player.

If I had to build my team around anyone, the guys I would name before Larry Bird are likely on one hand…Michael, Lebron, Kobe. As far as guards go that would be about it. And I would definitely start with a guard because a big man with no guards is worthless. Lots of teams win without a big man.
With regard to Durant and Kawhi, that is why I said arguably. I think Durant is there. Further, Durant probably has 4-5 more years of top notch play as his game doesn't require a lot of athleticism. I, also, have Magic ahead of Bird. I didn't mention him because his career was shortened as well due to the HIV Virus. However, he was the engine that won the Laker/Celtic rivalry in the 80's. Also, many don't account for the evolution of the game. Lebron is statistically as good of an outside shooter as Bird and Lebron is not even considered a good shooter for this day and time.

And no one tries to make teammates better in this ME ME ME era

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
And no one tries to make teammates better in this ME ME ME era
Isn’t that one of Lebron’s best skills? Making teammates better? Ben, I’m disappointed in you liking this comment. Your comments indicate that you know the game instead of relying on inaccurate talking points based on watching a basketball game every now and then. Further, I ran across your comment about LeBron attempting to stack the deck. However, the only difference between now and the 80’s that so many people tend to cling too is that teams did it then and players do it now. People forget that there was no salary cap in the NBA until 1985. So, Bird got to play with 4 other Hall of Famers. Magic got to play with 4 HOFers as well. The only team that had a chance besides those two was Philly. Detroit came along when Philly and Boston got old. Teams used the rules to horde the best players and you didn’t have to pay them much. It’s a shame that people take offense to players being smart and using the rules of free agency to their advantages. Smart athletes are selfish. Smart guys in suits are businessmen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT