ADVERTISEMENT

Sleep

Simply turn on any Janet Yellen speech approximately one hour prior to bed.

Well, that would apply to any politician or government official for me.

In fairness though, I am not sure I've ever heard a Sec of the Treasury speak and been anything but bored.

But bored doesn't put me to sleep anymore.

Reactions: turncock
A clear conscience yields a good night's sleep.

Well that isn't going to happen.

I'm down to about 2 hours a night. Been that way for 2 weeks now. Can't keep this up.

Never done drugs but might have to check out a few options. .

I'm down to about 2 hours a night. Been that way for 2 weeks now. Can't keep this up.

They say fentanyl will fix you right up

Have you ever tried Delta 8? (It's "drugs" but not really) If I ever need a good night's sleep and don't want to chance it - I'll take a some an hour before bedtime and it knocks me out. It's like supercharged melatonin.

And conversely, if you take it during waking hours it has nice qualities as well.

Have you ever tried Delta 8? (It's "drugs" but not really) If I ever need a good night's sleep and don't want to chance it - I'll take a some an hour before bedtime and it knocks me out. It's like supercharged melatonin.

And conversely, if you take it during waking hours it has nice qualities as well.
I haven't heard of it

and I tried melatonin once and it made me so sick I couldn't sleep even though I wanted to sleep.

I haven't heard of it

and I tried melatonin once and it made me so sick I couldn't sleep even though I wanted to sleep.
I got the 3mg tablet.i break it in half.I’ve tried the 5 as well.it will make me sleepy but I don’t stay asleep.it will sometimes make me restless,which is even worse.imo.

I got the 3mg tablet.i break it in half.I’ve tried the 5 as well.it will make me sleepy but I don’t stay asleep.it will sometimes make me restless,which is even worse.imo.

Yes- I've heard very mixed stuff about melatonin - so much that I am not interested in it. I tossed the bottle I purchased after one pill.

Some say it works fine for them- other say it makes things worse and also makes them sick at their stomach. So they are very tired, but so sick they can't sleep.

Quality Sleep = Nutrition, Light environment and exercise.

Nutrition: If you don't have proper magnesium and potassium stores, you're going to have issues with sleep and anxiety. Just look at the daily requirements for potassium alone - approx. 4500mg. Most people get about a quarter of that in a day if their lucky. Potassium and Magnesium are also intimately tied to weight loss and neuromuscular pain. Grab a free food nutrition app to track and adapt.

Many MDs will tell you diet doesn't matter which is comical. "Eat this pill instead..." Play the long game for your health and quality sleep. Nutrition doesn't work like medications. It takes a few weeks to build up proper levels. Medications are like a sledgehammer. They push around inflammation and trick the body through chemical means.

Nutrition: If you don't have proper magnesium and potassium stores, you're going to have issues with sleep and anxiety. Just look at the daily requirements for potassium alone - approx. 4500mg. Most people get about a quarter of that in a day if their lucky. Potassium and Magnesium are also intimately tied to weight loss and neuromuscular pain. Grab a free food nutrition app to track and adapt.

Many MDs will tell you diet doesn't matter which is comical. "Eat this pill instead..." Play the long game for your health and quality sleep. Nutrition doesn't work like medications. It takes a few weeks to build up proper levels. Medications are like a sledgehammer. They push around inflammation and trick the body through chemical means.

It's funny how many times "issues" aren't just happening to people - they're created by the people themselves. My answer to almost every ache and pain my wife or daughters has is to drink more water. And that's the right answer most of the time as well.

Reactions: Ward Jr
It's funny how many times "issues" aren't just happening to people - they're created by the people themselves. My answer to almost every ache and pain my wife or daughters has is to drink more water. And that's the right answer most of the time as well.

Totally agree. The body is amazing at recalibrating if you provide the essential raw materials and a little patience.

If you are a fan of old western movies, you can usually find a good one around 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. I watched Once Upon A Time In The West twice last week in the middle of the night. It was worth it.
life is short, watch a movie

Currently 1:30am. Couldn’t sleep if i was being paid big money.

Have to be up at 4:30Am Probably will just watch tv the rest of the night and try to sleep a few hours tomorrow night.

Will be driving 6 hours tomorrow. Look out everyone else on the road.

I use to dismiss older folks who claimed they could not sleep.

At a little over 50 now and I am lucky to get 5 hours a night. Usually fall asleep between 12:30-1am and wake up between 6-6:30am.

This morning I woke at at 5:40am.

This definitely hurts your health and likely shortens anyone’s life.
That’s all I have ever needed.

Yes eat right, exercise, drink a lot of water and vitamins minerals, oils, amino acids, etc... I'm 67 and sleep 7-8 hours a night.

Going to sleep was not a problem, staying a sleep was. However, since I retired this is no longer an issue. I think the work stress and constantly thinking of what needs to be done the next day prevented me from sleeping through the night. Also, it was much worse having to be at work at 5 am.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT