ADVERTISEMENT

Slightly OT- NFL and vaccination requirements

Gamecock Lifer

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2008

I get why they want people vaccinated- but how can they require it of employees who interact with players but not the players themselves? This is “safety theater” and shows the NFL gives not one rip about safety unless it pertains to protecting their human capital- IE the players. Anyone else is expendable. When will all of this end? Will I be quarantining every time I get a cold for the test of my life? The precedent set that is closest to this would be security restrictions imposed after 9/11 IMO. Nobody even blinks as we are molested and forced to shed clothes and shoes at the airport every time we fly, and that happened TWENTY YEARS AGO! Without so much as a credible close call of a plane being hijacked in the US in... What? 10-15 years? ISIS is basically dismantled... But every restriction is still in place. I said this very early on in this mess- when people of authority are given the means to increase their power and control over people they do not relinquish it easily. “New normal” is a phrase we all need to get real used to at this point. I hoped vaccines would eradicate thid thing and move us closer to normalcy but it seems to have just become the next political hill to die on! Expect this to cascade to all sports, all businesses at all levels with comparable hypocrisy. Coming soon to EVERYTHING near you- the ability to tell you what you can and cannot do anywhere at all times based off some made up, subjective policy that people with no knowledge of the subject created out of thin air!

They would force the players to have the vaccine if they could. The players have much more bargaining power and are harder to replace than the other staff.
I am sure they would... It is comical to tell staff they cannot be around players without a vaccine if they are jot making the players get one though. The blatant lunacy of it is a microcosm of the complete disaster America’s initial and on going response to this pandemic has been. If this is how we react to disasters in America today, God help us all if something truly devastating were to happen!

I am sure they would... It is comical to tell staff they cannot be around players without a vaccine if they are jot making the players get one though. The blatant lunacy of it is a microcosm of the complete disaster America’s initial and on going response to this pandemic has been. If this is how we react to disasters in America today, God help us all if something truly devastating were to happen!
It isn’t lunacy at all. Do you not wash your hands because someone you shake hands with might not wash his hands?

It isn’t lunacy at all. Do you not wash your hands because someone you shake hands with might not wash his hands?
🤔 I fail to see the relevance. I am talking about the disconnect within America and how this whole thing has been a mess from the start- where as previously there was unification in our reaction and response to disasters from Pearl Harbor to terrorism... Now the response is polarized and divided tight down party lines seemingly irregardless of the issue at hand. This country is such a mess today I bet if Japan attacked us again, half the country would want to go to war and half would convince themselves it was all made up by “the other side”...

🤔 I fail to see the relevance. I am talking about the disconnect within America and how this whole thing has been a mess from the start- where as previously there was unification in our reaction and response to disasters from Pearl Harbor to terrorism... Now the response is polarized and divided tight down party lines seemingly irregardless of the issue at hand. This country is such a mess today I bet if Japan attacked us again, half the country would want to go to war and half would convince themselves it was all made up by “the other side”...

Well I mean you know exactly who to blame for believing this was all a hoax.

How many times are people going to repeat that stupid lie? Amazing how many people have zero critical thinking skills. Even snopes can't lie about that one.

What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Reactions: GamecockAppraiser
There seems to be plenty of blame to spread around. Trying to blame one person or one “party” is not helpful and furthers the divide on the matter IMO. The left says the right is to blame for not taking it serious or implying it was a “hoax”.. the right blames the left for trying to perpetrate a “hoax” by making it seem worse than it was for political gain... Leading to the divide widening. My stance is all of that rhetoric simply furthers the divide and the finger pointing is the problem. Americans used to unite to tackle problems and issues that faced our country, and we became THE world power through that unification when times were hard. It seems we lost that along the way and that spells disaster. I don’t expect everyone to agree on everything, but “THIS” is not a good sign for the future.

Reactions: atl-cock
There seems to be plenty of blame to spread around. Trying to blame one person or one “party” is not helpful and furthers the divide on the matter IMO. The left says the right is to blame for not taking it serious or implying it was a “hoax”.. the right blames the left for trying to perpetrate a “hoax” by making it seem worse than it was for political gain... Leading to the divide widening. My stance is all of that rhetoric simply furthers the divide and the finger pointing is the problem. Americans used to unite to tackle problems and issues that faced our country, and we became THE world power through that unification when times were hard. It seems we lost that along the way and that spells disaster. I don’t expect everyone to agree on everything, but “THIS” is not a good sign for the future.

Are you legitimately trying to argue the left should have downplayed the pandemic so the right would feel better?

Isolation didn’t work for Michigan. They are the worst state currently for virus spread by far. Lockdowns are not science.

Reactions: ClemDent
Are you legitimately trying to argue the left should have downplayed the pandemic so the right would feel better?
No. I never said anything even remotely like that actually. Nowhere in my post do I say that.

Yeah because it sounds ridiculous. But that’s actually what you argued.
Absolute BS, I was in no way arguing that or intoning that is my view. You are ironically making my point- that people who try to get into these petty political scrums and are so ate up with the BS their party feeds them that they will make a fool out of themselves to defend it, are the problem.

Absolute BS, I was in no way arguing that or intoning that is my view. You are ironically making my point- that people who try to get into these petty political scrums and are so ate up with the BS their party feeds them that they will make a fool out of themselves to defend it, are the problem.

You need to look in the mirror. You’re the problem on this one.

You argued that the left played divisional politics by arguing covid was a serious pandemic. What was the left supposed to do? Pretend it wasn’t serious?

You need to look in the mirror. You’re the problem on this one.

You argued that the left played divisional politics by arguing covid was a serious pandemic. What was the left supposed to do? Pretend it wasn’t serious?
THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID!! I was talking about the political division and what the RIGHT said about the left- direct quote: “the right blames the left for trying to perpetrate a “hoax” by making it seem worse than it was for political gain...”.

Nowhere in that statement did I interject my personal opinion the matter.

Again- you are proving my point- you are so eaten up with trying to start a fight with someone who you perceived as disagreeing with your political view on a natter that you never took the time to read or understand what the other person said.

THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID!! I was talking about the political division and what the RIGHT said about the left- direct quote: “the right blames the left for trying to perpetrate a “hoax” by making it seem worse than it was for political gain...”.

Nowhere in that statement did I interject my personal opinion the matter.

Again- you are proving my point- you are so eaten up with trying to start a fight with someone who you perceived as disagreeing with your political view on a natter that you never took the time to read or understand what the other person said.
You’re not making any sense right now. You took issue with the comment the right was to blame for not taking covid seriously.

Are you saying there is some validity to the right’s argument that this was a hoax?

You’re not making any sense right now. You took issue with the comment the right was to blame for not taking covid seriously.

Are you saying there is some validity to the right’s argument that this was a hoax?
You are the one not making sense. NOTHING I said in that post was referencing my opinion, it was a description of the broader situation. I don’t know how you are so lost, I cannot explain it any more clear than that. #done

You are the one not making sense. NOTHING I said in that post was referencing my opinion, it was a description of the broader situation. I don’t know how you are so lost, I cannot explain it any more clear than that. #done
You haven’t been clear at all. You took offense at my post that not taking this pandemic seriously falls on the right.

Then you launched into a “both sides bad” diatribe. Which is completely irrelevant because we know which side was wrong on this issue.

You haven’t been clear at all. You took offense at my post that not taking this pandemic seriously falls on the right.

Then you launched into a “both sides bad” diatribe. Which is completely irrelevant because we know which side was wrong on this issue.
Believe whatever you want. I took offense to you misrepresenting what I said- which you did again here. Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about and cannot even understand simple English. You do this in every thread that has even a slight political connotation- jump in and try to pick a fight with someone as though you think you are some defender of liberals. How you can fail to see that your flailing disjointed whining is further proving my point that idiots like you-who cannot think beyond what your political heroes tell you to think are the problem driving the divide in this country- is beyond me. It is truly comical to watch you struggle to even convince yourself that anything you have said here makes sense! 😂

Believe whatever you want. I took offense to you misrepresenting what I said- which you did again here. Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about and cannot even understand simple English. You do this in every thread that has even a slight political connotation- jump in and try to pick a fight with someone as though you think you are some defender of liberals. How you can fail to see that your flailing disjointed whining is further proving my point that idiots like you-who cannot think beyond what your political heroes tell you to think are the problem driving the divide in this country- is beyond me. It is truly comical to watch you struggle to even convince yourself that anything you have said here makes sense! 😂
I hold people accountable for being nonsensical. It’s really unfortunate you don’t realize you’re all over the place and not making any salient points.

I’m trying to figure out what you’re actually arguing and every question I ask you accuse me of misrepresenting you. Honestly, I have no idea what you’re trying to argue other than “both sides bad.”

I hold people accountable for being nonsensical. It’s really unfortunate you don’t realize you’re all over the place and not making any salient points.

I’m trying to figure out what you’re actually arguing and every question I ask you accuse me of misrepresenting you. Honestly, I have no idea what you’re trying to argue other than “both sides bad.”
uscwatson21, Just curious, what other user names have you had on this board?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT