ADVERTISEMENT

Sling TV

DixieCock78

Jan 28, 2012
There have been a number of threads lately about Sling and other ways to cut the cord. I cut off cable 3 months ago and yesterday I borrowed a Roku stick from a neighbor that isn't using it and signed up for Sling's 7 day free trial. I have to say I'm impressed.

Flipped around and settled in to watch the Yankees-Red Sox on ESPN. No issues with the connection. No buffering. Great picture quality. All while the kids were on the iPad and the wife on her phone using the WiFi as well.

After 3 months it was nice to see live TV. Going to pick up an HD Antenna this weekend and if all goes well Thursday night for the game I will be a permanent cord cutter.

Sling got an update on Monday that seems to have smoothed it out. I like it. That plus an over the air antenna, Plex, and Kodi running on an Nvidia Shield TV works great for me.

Reactions: jetsaholic
There have been a number of threads lately about Sling and other ways to cut the cord. I cut off cable 3 months ago and yesterday I borrowed a Roku stick from a neighbor that isn't using it and signed up for Sling's 7 day free trial. I have to say I'm impressed.

Flipped around and settled in to watch the Yankees-Red Sox on ESPN. No issues with the connection. No buffering. Great picture quality. All while the kids were on the iPad and the wife on her phone using the WiFi as well.

After 3 months it was nice to see live TV. Going to pick up an HD Antenna this weekend and if all goes well Thursday night for the game I will be a permanent cord cutter.

A number of months ago I cut the cord with Directv, their high monthly bills and signed up with Sling TV and their sports package for $25. The savings are huge. I, also, installed a good antenna in my attic and get very high quality HD pictures on both systems. I did change my connection between my Roku box and the Internet connection from Wifi to a hard wire cable connection, a much better hook up. The Boston/NY game last night worked very well.

Congratulations on your change!

I did the same by cutting Direct TV. I have had Sling now for about 3 weeks and really like it. With the subscription you can stream Watch ESPN on the apple tv box so I haven't bought a Roku or Fire Stick yet. I have the occasional buffering issue but I think it's my router. I'm willing to put up with that to save some dough.

What sort of update did Sling perform on Monday? I know they had some issues the night that the spin off of Walking Dead came on. My biggest wish for Sling is the ability to watch it on more that one device at a time.

Also, what is Kodi?

What sort of update did Sling perform on Monday? I know they had some issues the night that the spin off of Walking Dead came on. My biggest wish for Sling is the ability to watch it on more that one device at a time.

Also, what is Kodi?

Some of you might find this link of interest. Do a google search on Sling TV to find multiple reviews about them.

Check out this link: https://downdetector.com/status/sling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT