ADVERTISEMENT

So…where we going BOWLING?!!!!

SEC Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations​

1. Sugar Bowl vs. Big 12
SEC Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked SEC team

2. Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. Big Ten
The Citrus Bowl gets its pick of the top SEC team available after the CFP and Sugar Bowl are in place

The SEC will assign teams to the respective bowls in this pool.

AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12
Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. ACC
Mercari Texas Bowl vs. Big 12
Outback Bowl vs. Big Ten or ACC
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. ACC
TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs. Big Ten

Second Tier

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl vs. American Athletic
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl vs. AAC, ACC, or Pac-12

Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12
Note: SEC alternates with the Big Ten between the Las Vegas and Duke’s Mayo (formerly the Belk) bowls over six seasons. Duke’s Mayo is 2021, 2023, 2025, Las Vegas is 2020, 2022, 2024

After we get our 7th win next week, whichever bowl we go to is going to see a crapload of garnet-and-black clad fans roll into town.

And if the SEC gets two teams into the playoff, everyone else in the conference basically moves up a notch in the bowl picks. As crazy as it would have seemed a few weeks ago, heck - a few hours ago even, I think a trip to Jacksonville is not out of the question.

I’d say most likely a rematch of last year’s bowl that never happened. In Tampa for the Gasparilla Bowl against UAB. It’s not the sexiest bowl game ever, but we earned it this year and I for one will be there.
I for one have absolutely no problems playing in the Gasparilla Bowl. It is a bowl game that we have never played in and is located in sunny and warm Tampa. As long as we don't play in the bitter cold crappy Birmingham Bowl, then I am one happy camper!!!

I for one have absolutely no problems playing in the Gasparilla Bowl. It is a bowl game that we have never played in and is located in sunny and warm Tampa. As long as we don't play in the bitter cold crappy Birmingham Bowl, then I am one happy camper!!!
"Papa's in the house" is still stuck in my head from all those years ago. Didn't Papa John show up completely shit-faced to this bowl game to make a speech or something?

Hell, with my expectations coming into this season…I’m fine with Birmingham. Not my preference, but I’d be fine with it.

Reactions: NYC_Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT