ADVERTISEMENT

So funny hearing Heath Cline go ballistic on a caller today!

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
The guy was just trying to troll Heath, but he was having none of it, very similar to what we deal with from time to time on this forum only thing is Heath has a mute button! Way to go Kevin!

That guy was a moron. Very short-sighted and entitled.

I've never heard him call someone stupid before. There have been much dumber, but this guy was just a douche.

Heath is good. He appears better when compared to the various clowns on our local sports talk stations. I was listening to Heath’s last hour yesterday and decided to switch over to The 3 P’s (phil, palozic, professor) and to the professor’s credit he was not involved in some juvenile, high pitched argument by the other 2 P’s. No callers for 15 minutes just those two back and forth. Sad and sorry use of air time.

Heath is good. He appears better when compared to the various clowns on our local sports talk stations. I was listening to Heath’s last hour yesterday and decided to switch over to The 3 P’s (phil, palozic, professor) and to the professor’s credit he was not involved in some juvenile, high pitched argument by the other 2 P’s. No callers for 15 minutes just those two back and forth. Sad and sorry use of air time.

Pro is the best on that show. The new guy is a prick.

I like Heath except when he spends so much time on the NFL.

Heath is the best in the biz, and it isn't close. The morning show has really grown on me, too. I still am skeptical of Tim Hill, but he has improved. It's sort of entertaining in the morning and much better than anything put out by Jay "I've got kids, y'all" Phillips or Brent Johnson.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Can anyone cliff the call?

Guy called in and said Frank hasn't landed a good recruiting class since Thornwell and Notice. Heath, interrupts and asks if the caller didn't think Dozier was part of a good class. Caller says no because Dozier didn't stay. Heath gets all crazy mad, they shout at each other and the call is over.

It was fun radio, but Heath is an arrogant radio host who is hard to listen to at times

Possibly "Dan" sighting!
Not sure what that means ?? Just stating my opinion that Heath Cline is so full of himself that he believes that anyone not totally agreeing with him is an idiot. And don't forget,as he likes to point out,it's his show. Just my opinion

I only caught part of the call, but the guy was being pretty silly. Heath is fair, you can have an unpopular opinion as long as it has some factual basis. Unfortunately, some of the mouth breathers that call in will say things like "Frank has not and is not recruiting a PG," but then when Heath says "ok, how about Rah Felder, PJ Dozier, and Kory Holden, all of whom were supposed to be playing right now," and then mentions a PG we are currently recruiting, and the guy wants to keep ranting, it gets ridiculous. I frankly don't know how he is as patient as he is, I couldn't do that job.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Hate Heath Kline.

Love to debate him one on one, but with total mike control going to me. I'll gladly let him talk, but I decide if and when someone gets cut off, not him and not 107.5.

Not feasible, but you take that little security blanket away from them and most of these radio guys wouldn't know what to do if they were in a real argument.

And yeah, Frank Martin's recruiting classes have been disappointing. The ultimate proof is what we are seeing now.

Personally I think he comes across well, and appears to be cognizant of all the right things.

But this is his 5th year. And so far he has had one really good year.

If our goal is to have the kind of team that regularly makes NCAA appearances, well when is it going to happen?

He recruited Thornwell and Dozier. Silva's had some moments. But the reality is the team fell apart this year.

Five years is enough. I'm sure someone will bring up Coach K's relatively bland first few years at Duke, but he was winning a lot more recruiting battles even then than Martin is now. And there were 3 pretty darn good BB schools in NC when he was doing it, let alone the rest of the ACC.

Really have no idea what would cause Ray Tanner to want to make a change. But another year like this one, another year of missing on the kind of recruits that could take us to the next level, and my take is he ought to really consider it.

Frank Martin is a big boy, and he is getting well paid. But how many expect more results than we've seen so far? Does anyone think year 8 or 9 is going to be different from year 5, based on what we've seen so far?

Wish i would have heard it; I'm retired now and don't catch the late afternoon show much anymore.

Unfortunately my gym time coincides with the show that Jay Phillips is on. That dude is unlistenable; I find myself embarrassed for Tommy Moody. There are many times I want to call in and ask for them to please just find some way to make the guy stfu. Entertaining and/or informative he ain't.

Hate Heath Kline.

Love to debate him one on one, but with total mike control going to me. I'll gladly let him talk, but I decide if and when someone gets cut off, not him and not 107.5.

Not feasible, but you take that little security blanket away from them and most of these radio guys wouldn't know what to do if they were in a real argument.

And yeah, Frank Martin's recruiting classes have been disappointing. The ultimate proof is what we are seeing now.

Personally I think he comes across well, and appears to be cognizant of all the right things.

But this is his 5th year. And so fare he has had one really good year.

If our goal is to have the kind of team that regularly makes NCAA appearances, well when't is it going to happen?

He recruited Thornwell and Dozier. Silva's had some moments. But the reality is the team fell apart this year.

Five years is enough. I'm sure someone will bring up Coach K's relatively bland first few years at Duke, but he was winning a lot more recruiting battles even then than Martin is now. And there were 3 pretty darn good BB schools in NC when he was doing it, let alone the rest of the ACC.

Just to make sure I am following...you want to run off a coach that made the Final Four last year? Something I never thought I would hear at USC.

It was a dumb opinion AND he tried to yell over Heath. The hangup was well warranted.

Heath said something like, "You're gone! Get this guy outta here!!" I loved it.

Guy called in and said Frank hasn't landed a good recruiting class since Thornwell and Notice. Heath, interrupts and asks if the caller didn't think Dozier was part of a good class. Caller says no because Dozier didn't stay. Heath gets all crazy mad, they shout at each other and the call is over.

It was fun radio, but Heath is an arrogant radio host who is hard to listen to at times

Another possible "Dan."

Hate Heath Kline.

But this is his 5th year. And so far he has had one really good year.

If our goal is to have the kind of team that regularly makes NCAA appearances, well when is it going to happen?

Really have no idea what would cause Ray Tanner to want to make a change. But another year like this one, another year of missing on the kind of recruits that could take us to the next level, and my take is he ought to really consider it.

Frank Martin is a big boy, and he is getting well paid. But how many expect more results than we've seen so far? Does anyone think year 8 or 9 is going to be different from year 5, based on what we've seen so far?

Dan??

Just to make sure I am following...you want to run off a coach that made the Final Four last year? Something I never thought I would hear at USC.

No.

But do you see anything changing? Do you see Martin somehow managing to sign guys like Thornwell or Dozier on a regular basis?

And by no means am I trying to imply those guys were some kind of mega talent guys like Kentucky and North Carolina manage to pull in every year.

They were however the kind of player that perennial tourney teams sign every year.

What I think I'm seeing is a coach who brings in guys, then for some reason half of them wind up leaving in a year or two.

I look at this situation and I can imagine it being exactly like this in year 8 or 9. Whereas Greg Marshall (notice how I worked that in), might have a year where his team doesn't make the tournament and win 20 games now and then, but usually they do.

Other than last year's tourney run, what about any of his teams seems any different than what we saw in year 2 or 3 (leaving out year 1)?

Reactions: ddw1263

Sounds like Heath overreacted.

Reactions: stackems
I agree Heath doesn't really like people disagreeing with him but what radio host does? It almost makes you wonder why shows take callers at all. They let them talk for about 10 seconds and either the person agrees with them or they dismiss it. It's the worst on national shows. I can't imagine who sits on hold that long. Almost seems like these days that would have gone the way of the dinosaur and the only "interactivity" would be tweets/emails etc

I agree Heath doesn't really like people disagreeing with him but what radio host does? It almost makes you wonder why shows take callers at all. They let them talk for about 10 seconds and either the person agrees with them or they dismiss it. It's the worst on national shows. I can't imagine who sits on hold that long. Almost seems like these days that would have gone the way of the dinosaur and the only "interactivity" would be tweets/emails etc

The old 560 in town took a lot of calls and interacted well with listeners. The old Matt & Tim show was more about the callers than the listeners

Heath's biggest issue is he doesnt get people. Yeah, he understands sports , but he ismt personable at all. Heath is knowledgeable and at least preps, unlike Brent and Pearson who are really hard to listen to. That's the worst show the Midlands has ever had. Jay is just way too whiny. Tommy is good for our baseball broadcasts, but solo he's about like Teddy Heffner.

This market just isn't going to keep good radio guys. Heath is ok, Gunter is getting better and at least preps for his job. Mike Morgan was the best the marker has had, but obviously he went on to bigger things. Matt Barber was really good too, but he's not on air anymore unless you listen to his podcasts or the few times a month he fills in for Teddy. Jonathan Reynolds was really good as well, but is no longer on the air.

Heath's biggest issue is he doesnt get people. Yeah, he understands sports , but he ismt personable at all.
I agree. And thinking about it, I guess that's not really an issue for me. I want to hear a knowledgeable host, not the jackwagons that live around here.

Brent and Pearson's issue is Pearson is too young to be a lead dog. Relegate him to a subordinate role and stop having him talk with the tone that he's the authority

"Dan" deserved what he got. He had called Jay and Tommy earlier and said the same thing. He either just dislikes Frank or is a disguised Clemson fan. Apparently thinks Frank should have anticipated P.J. going pro after 2 yrs., when no one in their right mind would have, and Felder getting suspended. Thinks we should be beating teams clearly with more talent this year. Not winning a game in 40 yrs. to a Final Four and he`s bitching about Frank Martin. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Heath rip him. I don`t care if we win another game(well I do) but if anyone deserves a pass it`s big Frank.

No.

But do you see anything changing? Do you see Martin somehow managing to sign guys like Thornwell or Dozier on a regular basis?

And by no means am I trying to imply those guys were some kind of mega talent guys like Kentucky and North Carolina manage to pull in every year.

They were however the kind of player that perennial tourney teams sign every year.

What I think I'm seeing is a coach who brings in guys, then for some reason half of them wind up leaving in a year or two.

I look at this situation and I can imagine it being exactly like this in year 8 or 9. Whereas Greg Marshall (notice how I worked that in), might have a year where his team doesn't make the tournament and win 20 games now and then, but usually they do.

Other than last year's tourney run, what about any of his teams seems any different than what we saw in year 2 or 3 (leaving out year 1)?

Every year with the exception of this year the team has produced better results than the year before. Do you think this team would be as bad as they are if Dozier didnt enter the draft and Felder didnt put himself in the situation to get suspended? I dont think we would be talking about another dogshit year of gamecock mens basketball team if those two were on the roster. Both of those guys not being here was a surprise which is why the team feels short of talent at the guard position. I think the team rebounds next year back to contention in the conference and will be in it to make the tournament.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Heath Cline: Does not understand the difference between an 'opinion' and a 'fact'.

He thinks his opinion is fact, and anyone else's opinion is wrong.

He reminds me of the guy who never actually played any ball in high school or college, so they try to impress everyone with their knowledge of sports... then get angry if anyone disagrees.

Heath Cline: Does not understand the difference between an 'opinion' and a 'fact'.

He thinks his opinion is fact, and anyone else's opinion is wrong.

He reminds me of the guy who never actually played any ball in high school or college, so they try to impress everyone with their knowledge of sports... then get angry if anyone disagrees.
Well said

I caught about 10 minutes of his show yesterday. A caller who seemed to be intelligent was discussing this FBI mess. The caller reasonably gave his opinion on his legal opinion of the case. Heath completely blows the guy off , throwing jabs at him when the call was disconnected.

It was a legal opinion. Heath has no legal background and no one knows enough about this FBI case yet to blow off another person's opinion

Little things like this is why Heath isn't liked. Certainly Heath preps much better than anyone else on that station (which isn't saying much), but the guy has very little personality and treats his audience bad at times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT