ADVERTISEMENT

So it begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he's trying to bypass the media. He sucks at it, but I'd rather information come straight from me than from the media too. He just says stupid things all the time, so it doesn't help him.
"NBC is fake news. Sad! Bad!" Yeah, that's what I want to hear from the POTUS.

"NBC is fake news. Sad! Bad!" Yeah, that's what I want to hear from the POTUS.
Here's my favorite Trumpism.

https://pics.me.me/donald-j-tru-mp-i-did-try-and-****-her-20566571.png

Can't even post the pic due to the language. Awesome.

nothing-else-for-me-to-add-rape-i-moved-on-her-actually-i-moved-on-her-5921097.png

Reactions: DC-99 and bosoxcock
We need to End this thread, Starting to Get Personal, I for one
STILL HATE BEETS!!!!!!!!
keep-calm-and-hate-beets.png
[/QUOTE
I disagree with almost all the left says for no other reason than it flys in the face of common sense, history and the human condition. That being said it doesn't automatically make the Republican side right.
It's time to talk football!

Reactions: cockofdawn
We need to End this thread, Starting to Get Personal, I for one
STILL HATE BEETS!!!!!!!!
keep-calm-and-hate-beets.png
I disagree with the left on almost everything. Only because it flys in the face of common sense, history and the human condition. That being said it doesn't automatically make Republicans right.
I didn't like the previous president because I thought he didn't love America. This president loves America but doesn't act like he respects the office.
It's time to talk football and let this be.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but this is a fireable offense, or at least, that's what he said...
I think maybe there's a difference between deliberately being disrespectful (if you think kneeling is disrespectful) by staging an unpopular protest and just being totally oblivious to anyone but yourself and what people think about you.

Should one be fired for being oblivious? Should one be fired for being deliberate?

I disagree with the left on almost everything. Only because it flys in the face of common sense, history and the human condition. That being said it doesn't automatically make Republicans right.
I didn't like the previous president because I thought he didn't love America. This president loves America but doesn't act like he respects the office.
It's time to talk football and let this be.
Say what you will about their ideology; however Obama and Michelle are the American dream, and now, they are making bank selling books and giving speeches to Wall Street. They love America as much and you or I ever will. I'm 100% sure of it. This country needs to get over the whole "I'm a bigger patriot and you hate America" nonsense. It's pathetic and disgusting.

Say what you will about their ideology; however Obama and Michelle are the American dream, and now, they are making bank selling books and giving speeches to Wall Street. They love America as much and you or I ever will. I'm 100% sure of it. This country needs to get over the whole "I'm a bigger patriot and you hate America" nonsense. It's pathetic and disgusting.
Disagree with you completely. (Without hate) you are free to BELIEVE what you want.

As an employee, you must follow the employer's directives when at work (so long as those directives are not illegal. The game operations manual DOES specify the expected behavior during the National Anthem and even appropriate actions when the behavior is not followed. There are consequences for any action whether it is in violation of the employment agreement or against societal norms. The NFL is in a tough spot by ignoring their own manual and now has society (primarily) against them.

You have a right to "protest" on your own time, own expense and within the "bounds of lawful protest" all of which the NFL players are doing except the first. Owners can take action if they choose and fans can take action if they choose. Nobody is threatening them with their life (your Russian, China, or ISIS reference) unlike the left does at Berkeley. We just choose not to support them and don't think they should do it, which, I believe is an opinion we can hold too, right? This is not Berkeley, Hollywood or D.C. where we shut down free speech with violence, rioting and looting - and call that democratic? Only if the speech agrees with you, right?
Enter another guy that approves of forcing people to act in a certain way for the National Anthem. Gotta love the land of the free.

BTW, I never said anyone was threatening anyone else with their "life". I said there was a threat of disciplinary action. Be careful w your words pal.

What creates this type of attitude?
I'm quite certain that you and I love America more than ansoncock. You can tell by the way he carries himself that he does not uphold the fundamental truths that make our nation such a great place. That said, it's his country, too, so he's free to live here with the rest of us.

NFL TV ratings are in the tank . Please keep it up NFL . NASCAR will be ahead of you soon .

http://deadline.com/2017/10/eagles-...football-ratings-panthers-nfl-cbs-1202187779/
Lol. 15 million viewers compared to 2 million viewers. Great comparison!

NASCAR Cup Series racing from Chicagoland, the first race of the playoffs (nee Chase For the Cup), had a 1.4 rating and 2.3 million viewers on NBCSN Sunday — down 13% in ratings and 14% in viewership from last year (1.6, 2.7M) and down 26% and 28% respectively from 2015 (1.9, 3.2M).

We’re talking about some of the lowest ratings that NASCAR has drawn since the turn of the century 17 years ago.

What burns me is the 15% of the population that is causing so much chaos in our country because they aren't being treated fairly in their opinion. No where else on earth would any minority have as many opportunities for success as in America.
Wow. Thanks for your insight, Captain America.

Speaking of terrible ratings...
Yeah, why isn't our POTUS discussing the terrible NASCAR ratings? I wonder. Hmmmm, what could it be??? What is different about the competitors in NASCAR and the majority of the competitors in the NFL??? Somebody help me out.

Hey boy wonder, both are auxiliary verbs. Since you probably don't understand what that means, I won't elaborate. As I read the game operations manual, the word "should" is used as an expectation. Since there are potential penalties for not doing it, I believe that places emphasis on the expectation - almost to the extent that it is a requirement. Shall wouldn't necessarily change any context of the current language IMO.

Since the NFL doesn't adhere to their own manual in this regard, it has little overall meaning anyway no matter if should or shall were used.
Legally it makes a huge difference. "Shall" is read as "must", and "should" is read as "may." Wording is one of the most important aspects in drafting an employee manual....absolutely critical.

Reactions: bosoxcock
I'm quite certain that you and I love America more than ansoncock. You can tell by the way he carries himself that he does not uphold the fundamental truths that make our nation such a great place. That said, it's his country, too, so he's free to live here with the rest of us.

I think those people are more protective of their country. Change and people that are different make them feel uncomfortable. It's an insecurity that people in "fly-over" states have - like they're being left behind.

My wife has a cousin in a little town in Iowa that is all-in with these Vegas conspiracy theories - which shouldn't even be a partisan issue. I think people start to feel jaded by when they grow up in these small towns and start to buy in to these "Don't tread on me" movements.

And also, I'm not sure why it has to be black and white with everything. Like if you don't have an issue with players kneeling then you're assumed to be a supporter of BLM or you think that cops are inherently racist.

Last edited:
Never have cared much for the National Anthem and always have considered the hand over heart gesture undignified. Never sang it as few can and since I am a veteran just stood at attention at football games and such. I think that most foreigners with whom I ever discussed the Anthem found it a curious case of Francis Scott Key off key. Most admired patriotic hymn is America the Beautiful. Would be hard to not respect that one. The French would probably opt for Dixie as they backed the Confederacy.

I may be wrong, but the hand over the heart is the proper posture for the "Pledge Of Allegiance" to the flag. The appropriate posture for singing the national anthem is to simply stand at attention.

You forget the NFL has at least as many and probably a lot more fans who support the protestors. To win back the current people who are freaking out, they will have to alienate a whole different group of people, and they will be alienating people who are on the side of civil rights. The NFL is pretty much screwed in whatever move they make. We'll see if they make the right one.

I seriously doubt there are more who side with the protestors.

I seriously doubt there are more who side with the protestors.
We can agree to disagree. The electoral college and gerrymandering are powerful tools to keep a minority group in power. I'm okay with the electoral college, by the way. It is working as intended, but I think you are dead wrong about where the majority opinion in America lies with issues of these nature. Just because the GOP has swept government means nothing to me about the popular opinion of America. Most of the protest supporters do not vote GOP, but many of them do. That leaves a smaller subset of GOP voters who are already in the minority in America angry about the kneeling protestors. I have no data to backup my assumptions, so I will make it clear that these are simply personal assumptions.

Reactions: DC-99
We can agree to disagree. The electoral college and gerrymandering are powerful tools to keep a minority group in power. I'm okay with the electoral college, by the way. It is working as intended, but I think you are dead wrong about where the majority opinion in America lies with issues of these nature. Just because the GOP has swept government means nothing to me about the popular opinion of America. Most of the protest supporters do not vote GOP, but many of them do. That leaves a smaller subset of GOP voters who are already in the minority in America angry about the kneeling protestors. I have no data to backup my assumptions, so I will make it clear that these are simply personal assumptions.

I'd have to disagree..i believe a larger majority of protesters voted and are GOP backers. and FWIW, I'm not a democrat

I'd have to disagree..i believe a larger majority of protesters voted and are GOP backers. and FWIW, I'm not a democrat
I'm not following you. You think the majority of athletes kneeling in protest vote Republican? Or are you saying that a majority of the people supporting the kneeling protestors vote Republican?

I'm not following you. You think the majority of athletes kneeling in protest vote Republican? Or are you saying that a majority of the people supporting the kneeling protestors vote Republican?

I read it wrong.... I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT