ADVERTISEMENT

So my wife got a big bonus and she wants a new SUV ??

I was going to suggest a Kia, then I saw OP got a Sorento, good choice. I was considering one when I bought my Kia Sportage. The Telluride is another great choice, my sister has one that has been bullet proof. For a commuter car, the Soul is a good vehicle. My son has one of those, he loves it.

My Sportage is rated at 30 mpg, but I have gotten as much as 34 mpg on trips from Lexington to Beaufort.

I like just about the entire Toyota Line up of SUVs. I even like the new Hyundai SUVs. My next car will probably be one those.

But for the time being a Jeep Wrangler for me...... probably not built as good as Toyota, maybe not as reliable down the road, made of cheaper parts, etc. More prone to an oil leak here and there or interior flooding from the rain due to crappy designing of the seals. But I still like them.
I agree 100%. Looking for a wrangler now but it’ll just be a toy for sunny days and weekends.

Reactions: heelzfor2
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 TurboDiesel. I get 30 mpg on highway and I dare people to cut me off on I-95 in the DC area. 10K pounds of screaming hell belching black smoke out the back. I'm balancing the carbon level from those dumb electric and hybrid baby cars. You want to be safe and economical....its the beast.

Reactions: cocks rule
2004 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 TurboDiesel. I get 30 mpg on highway and I dare people to cut me off on I-95 in the DC area. 10K pounds of screaming hell belching black smoke out the back. I'm balancing the carbon level from those dumb electric and hybrid baby cars. You want to be safe and economical....its the beast.
Weld a cow catcher on the front of that beast just in case you come up on some “peaceful protesters” in the road and your all set!! Rock n roll

• Love
Reactions: DESCock
Tell her to get used to a rougher ride. My 2014 Accord is big upgrade in comfort compared to the 2021 TOTL Rogue. My CRV Sport was even worse.

I tell you what guys that Sorento is something else . She absolutely loves it . Ten years ago if you would have told me we had two Kia’s in the family I would have laughed . My daughter drives a Sol which has been one of the most problem free vehicles I’ve ever owned and my wife’s Sorento is insane . Meanwhile my old truck with 190000 miles on it keeps right on keeping on . Happy wife happy life right .

Wouldnt try that on a Tesla. I’ve ripped a few rednecks hearts out. Got the video to prove it.

• Haha
Reactions: DESCock
I will say I watched a Joe Rogan podcast and he said the new Tesla Roadster he bought blows away any of his muscle cars and exotics in terms of just pure acceleration. He said it was almost scary

Most vehicles have a gap the size of Williams Brice within 2 seconds of starting the “race.” Any Tesla that anyone is “catching” has their speed limit on, which reduces speed once it hits a certain level (usually 85-95 mph).

I don’t look to smoke people but when some jack ass is going 20-30 mph over the speed limit and comes and rides my ass in the middle lane, I’ll educate them on separation.

Most vehicles have a gap the size of Williams Brice within 2 seconds of starting the “race.” Any Tesla that anyone is “catching” has their speed limit on, which reduces speed once it hits a certain level (usually 85-95 mph).

I don’t look to smoke people but when some jack ass is going 20-30 mph over the speed limit and comes and rides my ass in the middle lane, I’ll educate them on separation.
Wouldnt try that on a Tesla. I’ve ripped a few rednecks hearts out. Got the video to prove it.
As long as you got outta the way I’m sure no one would be interested seeing a video of how you did it. On the other hand if you got run over post it immediately

As long as you got outta the way I’m sure no one would be interested seeing a video of how you did it. On the other hand if you got run over post it immediately
You have to be a real tool to post something like that.

When you’re out driving today go out and try to hit as many trees as possible.

You have to be a real tool to post something like that.

When you’re out driving today go out and try to hit as many trees as possible.
Yeah I am. I love watching idiots in 100k cars flying around, cutting people off and endangering every body else who’s trying to get to their destination safe. I’m a real safety tool. Thanks for the heads up. It means a lot more coming from a Ben

Yeah I am. I love watching idiots in 100k cars flying around, cutting people off and endangering every body else who’s trying to get to their destination safe. I’m a real safety tool. Thanks for the heads up. It means a lot more coming from a Ben
Irony….calling someone else an idiot for driving a $100,000 car. Oh and by the way, mine is around $40,000. If you read the post above it was in reference to people tailgating me while already going 20 mph or more above the speed limit. I typically drive between 7-10mph over.

I will say I watched a Joe Rogan podcast and he said the new Tesla Roadster he bought blows away any of his muscle cars and exotics in terms of just pure acceleration. He said it was almost scary
Come on man. Rogan? My excursion eats Teslas for a morning snack.

Irony….calling someone else an idiot for driving a $100,000 car. Oh and by the way, mine is around $40,000. If you read the post above it was in reference to people tailgating me while already going 20 mph or more above the speed limit. I typically drive between 7-10mph over.
And you have videos to prove it. SMH

How about the 100k cars cutting me off in my 250k RV? That’s gorgeous. Do your thing cocks rule. It’s payback to those cheap a$$ 100k cars.

Biggest POS out there. Retired from bmw and you couldn’t give me one if I had to keep and drive it.
Wife had an X5 that was fun to drive, corners well, haul my ass and hers and then starting falling apart at 80k miles. All these 300.00 sensors started failing every month. 12,000 miles later all hell broke loose on the hydraulic distributor door breaking system….dem crooks wanted 3800.00 for that device…traded POS for a good car.

Reactions: cocks rule
Wife had an X5 that was fun to drive, corners well, haul my ass and hers and then starting falling apart at 80k miles. All these 300.00 sensors started failing every month. 12,000 miles later all hell broke loose on the hydraulic distributor door breaking system….dem crooks wanted 3800.00 for that device…traded POS for a good car.
Smart move. The best day of owing a bmw is the day you sell it!!

How about the 100k cars cutting me off in my 250k RV? That’s gorgeous. Do your thing cocks rule. It’s payback to those cheap a$$ 100k cars.
Bingo. Squash those reckless driving morons driving like idiots and making videos while doing so. Bigger is better for sure. If I could get ahold of a Sherman tank and tag it I would definitely drive it. Surely you have the titanium cow/EV catcher on front of your 250k RV…right?

Owning a more or less expensive car doesn’t give someone the right to cut someone off. Not even sure how price enters that equation other than the fact of an uninformed poster whining about the cost of my car.

People cut people off bc they are selfish a$$holes and this country has an abundance of them.

And you have videos to prove it. SMH
It comes with the car. No added expense. But you can probably google tesla vs fill in the blank car and you can see on YouTube the results. Unless you’ve poured about $400,000 into your car, you’re not competing with a Tesla

Come on man. Rogan? My excursion eats Teslas for a morning snack.
I call bullshit and your just being mr Internet tough guy. A Tesla is going to have damn near the same hp and tourque as you do with a WAY lower power to weight ratio. The only thing your excursion would beat a Tesla at is a pull off and that’s only because you outweigh it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I call bullshit and your just being mr Internet tough guy. A Tesla is going to have damn near the same hp and tourque as you do with a WAY lower power to weight ratio. The only thing your excursion would beat a Tesla at is a pull off and that’s only because you outweigh it.

Sure

It comes with the car. No added expense. But you can probably google tesla vs fill in the blank car and you can see on YouTube the results. Unless you’ve poured about $400,000 into your car, you’re not competing with a Tesla

What would I be competing with Tesla for? Tesla offers nothing I’ll ever be interested in. It comes with a camera? SMH again

What would I be competing with Tesla for? Tesla offers nothing I’ll ever be interested in. It comes with a camera? SMH again

Not trying to sell you one. It’s not for everyone.

Competing was in reference to the other poster that is supposedly smoking them in the Expedition, which we all know is complete BS unless:
A. That Expedition is modified into a small spaceship (highly unlikely)
B. The Tesla he is racing is on its last few percent trying desperately to get to a plug (possible, but unlikely)
C. The Tesla had no interest in racing (most likely).

Not trying to sell you one. It’s not for everyone.

Competing was in reference to the other poster that is supposedly smoking them in the Expedition, which we all know is complete BS unless:
A. That Expedition is modified into a small spaceship (highly unlikely)
B. The Tesla he is racing is on its last few percent trying desperately to get to a plug (possible, but unlikely)
C. The Tesla had no interest in racing (most likely).
Racing is for the track not public roads. If your a racer maybe a Tesla has a place and a purpose I dunno since I quit racing years ago. My drag car of choice back then was a Vega. Lol

Piggybacking off Judson’s post . Told her to wait but happy wife happy life and if she gets a new car I get a new guitar so win win . So our budget is $35 to $45 and used but low miles is ok . She wants all the bells and whistles (I have roll down windows and pull up locks in my truck ) . She’s looking at Rav 4’s , Cherokee’s etc etc stuff like that . Any recommendations??
What is your (you and wifey's) plan in life? Do you want to retire with plenty of "walking around" money?

What is your (you and wifey's) plan in life? Do you want to retire with plenty of "walking around" money?

Lol I know for a fact I’ll have no “walking around money” . I’m a musician and even though the money is great there’s no 401K or profit sharing plan . I’ve come to terms with that many years ago . I’ll be that old guy bagging groceries or stocking shelves at Home Depot until the day the put me in the ground probably . Haha . Luckily me wife’s company has a great retirement plan . She will be living it up while I’m driving a forklift at Home Depot when I’m 80 . Haha

I've owned three BMW's and got 150k miles on all and only did the routine maintenance, brakes, tires, etc. Not saying you are wrong, because I'm aware of the reputation, but my cars were all great.
I had buddies who owned older bmw’s from the 80,s 90’s and got 500k without issue but in the last 20 years they’ve gone to crap. 150k shouldn’t be a problem with any vehicle these days especially high end vehicles like Bmw but they are chasing the profit and ignoring quality suppliers to that end

Lol I know for a fact I’ll have no “walking around money” . I’m a musician and even though the money is great there’s no 401K or profit sharing plan . I’ve come to terms with that many years ago . I’ll be that old guy bagging groceries or stocking shelves at Home Depot until the day the put me in the ground probably . Haha . Luckily me wife’s company has a great retirement plan . She will be living it up while I’m driving a forklift at Home Depot when I’m 80 . Haha
Congratulation on being a good enough musician to make money at playing music! I think I got a $5 tip once because I was from the farthest away, and I did make $20 and all I could eat another time. 😊 That is about the extent of the commercialization of my music.

I know some people who are really good at things, and who are working well into their 70s. One is a very detailed person and has a job requiring that particular skillset. Another is an artist who is 80, really good and knows her market. Nothing at all wrong with that.

The main thing in all jobs: a good job is one that won't drive a person crazy, and one that offers the chance for good socialization while working, IMHO.

Congratulation on being a good enough musician to make money at playing music! I think I got a $5 tip once because I was from the farthest away, and I did make $20 and all I could eat another time. 😊 That is about the extent of the commercialization of my music.

I know some people who are really good at things, and who are working well into their 70s. One is a very detailed person and has a job requiring that particular skillset. Another is an artist who is 80, really good and knows her market. Nothing at all wrong with that.

The main thing in all jobs: a good job is one that won't drive a person crazy, and one that offers the chance for good socialization while working, IMHO.

Well said my friend . God has blessed me with the opportunity to do what I love for most of my life and he’s also blessed me with a wife and kid that can handle the lifestyle . It takes a special woman to be able to deal with her husband coming home from bars and clubs at 3am every night and sometimes being on the road for weeks at a time ( I really try hard not to do this anymore I’m to old for it ) . She’s unbelievable. I’m truly blessed . I thank the good lord everyday .

Piggybacking off Judson’s post . Told her to wait but happy wife happy life and if she gets a new car I get a new guitar so win win . So our budget is $35 to $45 and used but low miles is ok . She wants all the bells and whistles (I have roll down windows and pull up locks in my truck ) . She’s looking at Rav 4’s , Cherokee’s etc etc stuff like that . Any recommendations??
Kia Telluride looks great in my opinion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT