ADVERTISEMENT

So, our football recruiting class is ranked 30th overall and 12th in the SEC.

The only reason Clemson is #3 in 2025 for now is because it is early and they have a bunch of committed recruits.
That's a "Duh" if I have ever heard one. I take a backseat to no one in my intense dislike of Clemson (going back to my time in graduate school when their asshole grads attended our graduate school and were on our floor). But there are a bunch of us who would gladly trade our start (65th in the nation, 1 three-star, and a low level one at that for Clemson's at 3rd in the nation, including 8 four-stars and 2 high level three stars). Yes, it's only a start. But the early returns are not encouraging vis-a-vis our rival. Could the gap close? Sure. It could also widen.

Last edited:
That's now both of us that have said we can't afford the best players OR the best coach.

Want to wager on if a certain poster retracts the statement claiming we were saying the opposite?

Stock, was there ever any doubt?

It's just not like her to get caught telling a complete fallacy and then completely ignore getting called on it. /sarcasm

That's a "Duh" if I have ever heard one. I take a backseat to no one in my intense dislike of Clemson (going back to my time in graduate school when their asshole grads attended our graduate school and were on our floor). But there are a bunch of us who would gladly trade our start (65th in the nation, 1 three-star, and a low level one at that for Clemson's at 3rd in the nation, including 8 four-stars and 2 high level three stars). Yes, it's only a start. But the early returns are not encouraging vis-a-vis our rival. Could the gap close? Sure. It could also widen.

Recruiting has changed. Most are recruiting the portal and HS while Dabo is just focusing on HS. The elite 5 stars are still going to get heavily recruited early (Clemson has none of them), but many coaches are going to wait and see what the portal has to offer also instead of taking a bunch of early 4 and 3 star commits. They've seen more what portal players can do against better competition, and you get to have most of them for 2 years instead of one and off they go. Outside of the handful of 5 stars, portal recruiting and retention is going to be far more important than the old recruiting ranks. That's why Clemson has gone from being in the playoffs every year to having to struggle to beat Kentucky in the last minutes of the gator bowl.

Our biggest hope for Clemson is that Dabo stays the narcissistic jackhole he has always been and continues to shun the portal. Not that it will change a lot, since they don't have the money to compete anyway, but it certainly holds them back. Clemson is not going to be the team they were before NIL. Not even close. I mean, they didn't even score an offensive TD against us this past year. If we could have built on the 31 we dropped on them the year before, it could have been an epic blowout.

Lmao, knew you'd be too gutless to admit you were wrong.

The only fairy tale here is that the same people that realize we can't get the top talent on the field think we are somehow going to get the top coaching talent on the sidelines.

Same market. They go hand in hand.

Perhaps you're just whining about someone else, because I've said the OPPOSITE. And I even repeated it for you. Here you go again.

If I understand the meme queens question though, she's complaining that if we can't afford the best players, we can't expect to afford the best coaches. (I'm sure even if that's what she meant, she'll deny it just because I said it)

But that is a true point. We're not going to go out and buy the best coach. Imo, our best bet is identifying a good young/up and comer/innovative coach and ride their success till they are poached for a bigger program. Our position in the SEC should allow for a good stepping stone for coaches wanting to move up.

But then, I am "settling" on the notion that we are a stepping stone, and not a destination school.

So, serious question. Did you just miss this the multiple times it was posted, or are you intentionally making up falsehoods about what I said? I know which one I think is correct.

No, that's you. I know what it takes. Money. That's why I started giving to the GT. We aren't coaching our way to titles. It's going to happen by putting the best players on the field. If you are content with losing, you can keep refusing to give and hope for a fairy tale.

How did Texas A&M’s money work out for them?

You’re just being an idiot if you’re going to continue pretending coaching doesn’t matter as well.

You could give Loggains Cam Newton and it wouldn’t change he’s a below average coach.

Last edited:

You’re just being an idiot id you’re going to continue pretending coaching doesn’t matter as well.

You could give Loggains Cam Newton and it wouldn’t change he’s a below average coach.

Well, he's better than Satterfield. That clown was a train wreck.

Last edited:
SC is ranked 30 because it only has 16 recruits. They rank by top 20, so four "zeros" are being added in. Add four anybodies and the ranking would look much better. I think a 5-star and nine 4-stars is a pretty good haul.
We went to add "bodies" through the portal. When you look at the average stars of those added through the portal, our ranking there also, coincidentally is 30th.

Recruiting has changed. Most are recruiting the portal and HS while Dabo is just focusing on HS. The elite 5 stars are still going to get heavily recruited early (Clemson has none of them), but many coaches are going to wait and see what the portal has to offer also instead of taking a bunch of early 4 and 3 star commits. They've seen more what portal players can do against better competition, and you get to have most of them for 2 years instead of one and off they go. Outside of the handful of 5 stars, portal recruiting and retention is going to be far more important than the old recruiting ranks. That's why Clemson has gone from being in the playoffs every year to having to struggle to beat Kentucky in the last minutes of the gator bowl.
The portal is fine IF you bring in quality. OUR average star ranking for portal additions in the 2024 class is 30th. Whether Clemson starts to go the portal route, I do not know. I do know though that their current high school 2025 recruiting class is, according to the numbers, high quality.

The portal is fine IF you bring in quality. OUR average star ranking for portal additions in the 2024 class is 30th. Whether Clemson starts to go the portal route, I do not know. I do know though that their current high school 2025 recruiting class is, according to the numbers, high quality.

The meme queens is right about one thing. We should hope Dabo is stubborn and stays away from the portal. (I know he's dabbled)

But since I agreed with her, in writing, she'll probably claim I said the opposite.

Agree as well. I think this is why you see a couple head coaches bailing. We picked up one, and didn't the BC coach up and leave too?

I don't think this model is sustainable long term.
Think you are right about the BC coach.

I think there are more programs like us, than not. I would think, certainly hope, the ADs like Tanner, are working together now to fix what looks broken to me. But I could be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Reactions: Lurker123

You’re just being an idiot if you’re going to continue pretending coaching doesn’t matter as well.

I never said money guarantees a win. Just that you won't win without it. Not hard to understand.

And I never said coaching doesn't matter at all. I said an average coach can win with elite talent while an elite coach won't win with average talent. Not hard to understand as well.

Not sure what you are reading.

I would think, certainly hope, the ADs like Tanner, are working together now to fix what looks broken to me. But I could be giving them more credit than they deserve.

You can't put the Genie back in the bottle. You're a Virgin only once and you can't be a little bit pregnant.

"College Football", as we once knew it, is dead. We have become minor league professional football, whether you like it or not .... or will at least admit to. The question now is ... which direction do you prefer.

Do we "Pimp" ourselves for the guaranteed Conference $$$? AND, admit that the term "Student/Athlete" should no longer be acceptable terminology and WE ARE in it just for the Bucks We Can Get Out Of It?

Last edited:
Beamer is dealing with the most difficult coaching situation in our history with this NIL and portal madness. It's hard enough trying to be successful at USC as a mid-to-low-tier program competing in the SEC.

100% correct.

And what can help fix BOTH of those issues? Money. And a lot of it.

"Coaching" won't do shit for either.

Beamer is dealing with the most difficult coaching situation in our history with this NIL and portal madness. It's hard enough trying to be successful at USC as a mid-to-low-tier program competing in the SEC.

But we aren't comparing Beamer to his predecessors. We're comparing how he compares to his peers and how his predecessors compared to their peers.

I never said money guarantees a win. Just that you won't win without it. Not hard to understand.

And I never said coaching doesn't matter at all. I said an average coach can win with elite talent while an elite coach won't win with average talent. Not hard to understand as well.

Not sure what you are reading.

Now explain why you're so supportive of a below average coach?

We could start with coachesnof teams with losing seasons.

But then, you think that's a great accomplishment.

Hyperfocused on one season again. We lost to UF 41-39 in a heartbreaker. Otherwise, we're 6-6 just like Spurrier was in season 3.

Beamer also has the same record as Spurrier thru 3 seasons even though he's dealing with the NIL/Portal, lost 4-5 of his best players overnight, and dealing is with a far stronger SEC East.

Your serve.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
Hyperfocused on one season again. We lost to UF 41-39 in a heartbreaker. Otherwise, we're 6-6 just like Spurrier was in season 3.

Beamer also has the same record as Spurrier thru 3 seasons even though he's dealing with the NIL/Portal, lost 4-5 of his best players overnight, and dealing is with a far stronger SEC East.

Your serve.

What's going to be your excuse if we go 5-7 again this year?

She responds when she thinks she has a point. Then it blows up in her face and she hides again. Just like earlier in this thread.

My friend, and YOU are my friend, whether or not YOU like it but Numb Nuts comments simply attempted to stir the pot of ignorance beloved by .... Carolina fans

What's going to be your excuse if we go 5-7 again this year?

Simple. Beamer has one more year to prove himself. The typical 5-year package.

What is your excuse if he is above .500 given he's right there with Spurrier at the moment?

Also - How in the world would you fire him right now given what was stated above? Your tea leaves?

One more thing. It's still about MONEY.

Always was. But even more so now that it's out in the open. Anybody that thinks we are going to coach our way out of having way less money is a fool that hasn't been paying attention.

Last edited:

Always was. But even more so now that it's out in the open. Anybody that thinks we are going to coach our way out of having way less money is a fool that hasn't been paying attention.

Lmao

Once again, making up things people didn't say, just so you can have something to whine and cry about. Typical troll.

Maybe he could recycle some of your excuses for being wrong EVERY YEAR with your "i only see 4 wins" stupidity.

Wrong every year?

Amongst many other things...

Didn't you claim Kiffin would fail and be run out of Ole miss?

And then you claimed Heupel would fail and be run out of UT?

Then you talked about us winning the division last year?

I don't think you of all people need to be calling other posters out for being wrong. But it is entertaining to laugh at you.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Nobody is saying that. All we are saying if we don't (and won't) have the money NIL-wise to compete, at least it would be good, IF Beamer fails (and we hope he won't) to have someone with a proven, successful track record as a FBS Head Coach; preferably a young coach. That won't win us the SEC. We probably never will win the SEC, regardless. We have had 6 Head Coaches since we joined the SEC. Woods (from non-FBS at the time Appalachian State), Scott, Muschamp, Beamer..... all supposedly recruiting extraordinaires. Woods, Scott and Muschamp were all unmitigated failures. The other 2 were Holtz(one Top 20 and one Top 15 finish) and Spurrier (3 Top 10 finishes), providing at least some success. All we are saying is that if Beamer fails, follow the model that has worked for us SOME in the past (except make it a young Head Coach, not someone who is at the end of his career who could have his age used against him in recruiting).

We have to be realistic. We are not going to be out recruiting, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, etc with regularity. And if you think we are going to out-NIL those people...... well, there sure is no proof thus far that Gamecock fans will open their wallets no matter what. And I guarantee you we will never out-NIL the oil barons funding Texas A&M, Texas and Oklahoma. NEVER!!!!!!

I will end by saying we are all pulling for Beamer to win.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying that.

Of course no one is saying that. She has to make up crap in order to have something to cry about.

I'd wager about 3 posts before she's back to claiming you are saying the opposite of what you type. Regardless of the fact you spelled it out plainly for her.

Other than that, the post is spot on. Well put. The only people that will not understand are the ones who do so on purpose.

You will just get blood from a stone before you get a reasonable response out of her.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT