ADVERTISEMENT

So, some draft projections still have Dozier going before Thornwell

No, Balkman left after his junior year as well.

PJ will probably be a better pro than Sindarius. Sindarius projects maybe to be a 3 and D guy in the NBA. PJ has the skills to be a lead guard for a team

PJ has shooting issues and ball handling issues. If he takes the plunge to the NBA, it would be a big surprise. Thornwell is the more complete player.

Thornwell is the more complete player, and a better player. But just like football recruiting the pros love to use those size templates. Thornwell will be a tweener in the pros, while Dozier has the size for a guard that teams crave. Hope both of them make it, for a couple of years at least to get that payday. Truthfully though, it would be in Doziers best interest to come back for another year. Get more consistent on his long range game and improve his stock.

Thonrwell right now is a more complete player, but he has hit about 95% of his potential. Dozier is younger and has maximized about 70% of his potential.

In the league they will teach you how to shoot. Dozier will get drafter higher and play longer.

PJ Dozier as a sophomore is much better than Thornwell was as a sophomore...I remember fans brutilizing ST on these forums during his first two seasons..In fact fan forums are unduly harsh on all of our freshman...Some fans just don't understand players arrive as unfinished product

The leap Thornwell has made this season, from what he was during his first 3 years is extraordinary. He went from hard working two way player,with limited offensive game and no defined position, to one of the best two way players in the country. I'm not sure anyone knows what to do with him in terms of NBA projections at this point.

PJ is easier to define because of his build and there are probably teams who think they can fix his deficiencies. He seems likely to be a second round pick, at best. I'd hope he'd think strongly about coming back and improving under Martin. The D league doesn't look like much fun.

Looking at others projected for the draft and I'm not sure PJ is there, yet. Could be wishful thinking, though!

I think Sin is a 2 or 3 in the NBA, and will have a long career.

Dozier is a superb athlete but obviously raw and developing. His measurables are what project at the pro level. His length, speed, leaping ability and ball handling are all pluses.

On one of his drives recently, he went from the 3 point line to the basket in about three steps and looked pretty effortless. Hopefully he stays but he has a lot of what the pro scouts are looking for but will need to develop his shooting skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT