ADVERTISEMENT

Some of you focus one the plays we don`t make - what about the ones we did make?

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
So many great plays - some come to mind. Please add yours, as it seems some people don`t do anything but complain. Here are some players/plays:
Scar - no explanation. Probably won`t get it, but should be SEC Offensive Player of the Week.
Parker White - ditto, How clutch was he?
Edwards/Deebo - some great catches. Markway/Pollard not many but huge catches
Horn/Jam/Montac - numerous great pass breakups, without interference. Thought PI on Javon was bogus. If Horn doesn`t run as fast as possible, dive at the RB, it`s 30 to 21. Great effort!
Greene - for being aware and catching pick 6 in the rain
BAW - some great pressure, tackles and great slide on the sideline - he was safe..
running backs - some tough running, often not much running room. No fumbles in the rain.
Kinlaw, others - some great plays
OL - good protection for Scar most of the day
also I thought coaching was good. I thought fake punt was not a bad call. My only complaint is running too much on 1st down, but that is a minor complaint when we won.
obviously, plenty of room for improvement, just get tired of people bitching, especially when we were an underdog with Scar making 1st start, getting behind right at the end & NOBODY GAVE UP!

I won't speak for anyone else but my only real complaints is we are absolutely killing ourselves with penalties. And not "effort penalties" but stuff like personal fouls that are just dumb. We are 106 in penalties as well as in the 100's in turnover margin, that's bad. Some of us can see the mistakes plain as day that if corrected would turn this team around quickly. Clean up the stupid penalties like personal fouls, and I swear you'll see a different team. We aren't good enough to give yards away to other teams or put a struggling offense at times in negative yardage. I don't know why these two simple things aren't being corrected. Giving lip service is one thing but they keep occurring which tells me they aren't being addressed properly. You get a 15 yard personal foul and hurt the team and you sit for the rest of the quarter.

Champ was right on the heart of the team in reality we won with our backup QB and had every chance to throw in the towel but declined. We have to fix the drop ball thing but Mizzo dropped a few too in the down pour of rain but the Kentucky game was a catching nightmare. Just keep playing guys.

I don't think we know exactly what to make of this win, yet. It is yet to be determined how good this Mizzou team is. I know most fans esentially discounted Mizzou as a bad team, but there are questions on that.

So far, they've only played 5 games. In those, the blew out two teams they were supposed to blow out, didn't get embarrassed by UGA, and split two higher scoring games with us and Purdue. They are 1 play away from being 4-1 and considered a solid bowl team, and they 1 play away from being 2-3 and considered a bad SEC team that everyone should beat, especially at home.

While no one expects them to beat Bama next week, their upcoming games against Memphis, Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, Tenn, and Ark. present some winning games for Mizzou. I'd have to guess they will finish 7-5 overall, and 3-5 in the conference. World beaters? No. But going 3-5 in conference, losing to Bama, Georgia, and potential New Years day bowl participants Kentucky and Florida means their 5th loss would be to us. That's decent company we would be in.

So, in short...this may have been a quality win, like the bowl against Michigan...not the Louisiana Tech win from last year.

I don't think we know exactly what to make of this win, yet. It is yet to be determined how good this Mizzou team is. I know most fans esentially discounted Mizzou as a bad team, but there are questions on that.

So far, they've only played 5 games. In those, the blew out two teams they were supposed to blow out, didn't get embarrassed by UGA, and split two higher scoring games with us and Purdue. They are 1 play away from being 4-1 and considered a solid bowl team, and they 1 play away from being 2-3 and considered a bad SEC team that everyone should beat, especially at home.

While no one expects them to beat Bama next week, their upcoming games against Memphis, Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, Tenn, and Ark. present some winning games for Mizzou. I'd have to guess they will finish 7-5 overall, and 3-5 in the conference. World beaters? No. But going 3-5 in conference, losing to Bama, Georgia, and potential New Years day bowl participants Kentucky and Florida means their 5th loss would be to us. That's decent company we would be in.

So, in short...this may have been a quality win, like the bowl against Michigan...not the Louisiana Tech win from last year.
Losing to Louisiana Tech would have been fatal, though.

Reactions: Jon Snow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT