ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry to burst bubbles

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
While basking in the glow of Clemson's loss (that's what we're reduced to these days...we can only claim surrogate success), it's time for a reality check: Clemson ain't going nowhere. This was a total juggernaut of an LSU team, but they were built to win THIS season. They'll be good next season but absolutely nowhere near as good as they were this season, and likely not a playoff team.

Clemson is built for the long haul right now. They are a virtual lock for the playoffs again next season. If you're looking at this loss as somehow the beginning of the end for Clemson, you're sadly mistaken.

Is what it is.

While basking in the glow of Clemson's loss (that's what we're reduced to these days...we can only claim surrogate success), it's time for a reality check: Clemson ain't going nowhere. This was a total juggernaut of an LSU team, but they were built to win THIS season. They'll be good next season but absolutely nowhere near as good as they were this season, and likely not a playoff team.

Clemson is built for the long haul right now. They are a virtual lock for the playoffs again next season. If you're looking at this loss as somehow the beginning of the end for Clemson, you're sadly mistaken.

Is what it is.
Its abundantly clear and any five star recruit can see it, without a doubt the absolute easiest route to a national title game appearance is to go to Clemson.

Clemson plays No One in the ACC, or the ACC championship, and has one playoff game at the end of the season in order to reach the title game... it's not rocket science.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

GEAUX YOU BAYOU BENGALS GEAUX!!!

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS!

Is what it is.
I pretty much agree. Clem is young, they have a QB, they are recruiting at top level and coaches are pretty good. Not sure any team is setup better next yr. Florida, OSU and Oregon are probably the best teams outside Clem if you look at all the facts.

I pretty much agree. Clem is young, they have a QB, they are recruiting at top level and coaches are pretty good. Not sure any team is setup better next yr. Florida, OSU and Oregon are probably the best teams outside Clem if you look at all the facts.

Dont matter what the scoreboard says right Dabo... wait till next year...

There's a new National Champion in town boyz and LSU's got some boyz coming back too next year... but I know Clemson will be declared National Champs first day next season.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Btw Bama, Minnesota, OU, Oregon, Baylor OSU, UGA, FLA has something to say about that "wait till next year" too

Last edited:
Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter

Dont matter what the scoreboard says right Dabo... wait till next year...

There's a new National Champion in town boyz and LSU's got some boyz coming back too next year... but I know Clemson will be declared National Champs first day next season.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Btw Bama has something to say about that "wait till next year" too
Bama is losing Tua, most their WRs and they are losing some good DBs. But my thought was around QBs, who is going to get Bama 30pts a game?

Is what it is.
What realistic Gamecock fan is saying otherwise? Is there confusion over jubilee vs. realistic expectations?

iu

It's always good to see Clemson lose, but it's more than that. I'm glad to see the rest of the nation is growing tired of Clemson. The system is flawed if a team can back into the playoff without beating a single good team the entire regular season.

Is what it is.
Muschamp needs more time

Bama is losing Tua, most their WRs and they are losing some good DBs. But my thought was around QBs, who is going to get Bama 30pts a game?
Poor ole Alabama. How in the world will they compete without Tua?

The same way they won all those championships before Tua stepped foot on the field. I suspect some of the many 5 star recruits sitting on Bama's bench will step up.

Is what it is.

I hear ya, but there is no way in hell that I don't enjoy watching clemson lose and break their fan's hearts. I have too many buddies who yap about how they were going to beat LSU and had a secret plan to stop Joe....blah blah blah.

I will not be pulling for LSU when they kick our ass next year, but I will be there.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Clemson’s done......longest losing streak this decade. No wins over a top 25 team this decade. Losing streak started. That’s all I can ask for. Life is good!!

Reactions: okccock

Is what it is.
Who’s cares!! They lost!!! Don’t have to listen to their crap for at least a year. Thank You LSU... F Clemson!!

Its abundantly clear and any five star recruit can see it, without a doubt the absolute easiest route to a national title game appearance is to go to Clemson.

Clemson plays No One in the ACC, or the ACC championship, and has one playoff game at the end of the season in order to reach the title game... it's not rocket science.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

GEAUX YOU BAYOU BENGALS GEAUX!!!

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX TIGERS!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ no doubt. Easy schedule, less chance of injury.

Is what it is.
smells funny.

They celebrate anytime we lose. We should do the same.

Is what it is.

You seem a little to defensive about the taters. In multiple thread.

Any true Gamecock fan celebrates ANY Clemturd loss. We don't sit around and find ways to figure out how wonderful they are.

I'm thinking Tater Alert.

Nobody thinks this is the end of their v program. Was this just your chance to rehash the glory of Clemson football?
This.. I have not seen ANYONE make that assumption... I am happy that the trolls will shut their mouths until Spring.

Reactions: johncockroach

Is what it is.

YOU WROTE THIS AT 5:49 IN THE MORNING? I don't think any SC fan thinks that this is Clemson's death knell, but the bubbles you heard bursting were the "Trevor Lawrence is better than Joe Burrow", "Dabo has built the greatest dynasty in college football history", "Clemson is guaranteed the next 2 college championships, 3 if Lawrence stays for his senior year" bubbles. Henceforth known as "the bubblebursts
heard round the world".

Is what it is.
It's OK, any betting man will expect y'all to be back in it next year.

All these good recruits they pay to go there better not care about playing any regular season games anyone cares about.... save 1 maybe

Reactions: okccock
YOU WROTE THIS AT 5:49 IN THE MORNING? I don't think any SC fan thinks that this is Clemson's death knell, but the bubbles you heard bursting were the "Trevor Lawrence is better than Joe Burrow", "Dabo has built the greatest dynasty in college football history", "Clemson is guaranteed the next 2 college championships, 3 if Lawrence stays for his senior year" bubbles. Henceforth known as "the bubblebursts
heard round the world".

Yep. Undercover tater.

Is what it is.
You sound exactly like every tater I know on facebook this morning.

It's always good to see Clemson lose, but it's more than that. I'm glad to see the rest of the nation is growing tired of Clemson. The system is flawed if a team can back into the playoff without beating a single good team the entire regular season.

it became abundantly clear this year that we are far from alone (even if we are the most passionate) in our collective disdain for CU. so, let's just be happy about that. i watched the game at two different places in dc last night and the crowds were admittedly neutral, loyalty-wise, but everyone went NUTS every time lsu produced, and every time CU f'ed up. it was beautiful.

Reactions: DarkCock

Is what it is.

Not sure if I agree about the long haul. Yes, they do (by the nature of a 4 team playoff with only 5 conference champions available to fill out brackets) have the far easier path to the playoffs, but a small chink has become a crack in their armor. Brent Venables, the sack guru ("What amazing pressure is he dialing up now?"), can't have it both ways. You bring backside pressure, somebody is on an island. Evidently, no one in the All Cupcake Conference can make those throws and catches, and certainly Muschamp's teams can't either. Spurrier used to wear Venables' butt out with those passes to quick receivers covered by a larger but slower LB or safety (see Ace Sanders/Bruce Ellington). I see CU making the playoffs on a regular basis until the ACC mans up and replaces lace panties with big boy britches. However, I believe the last 5 years were more of an anomaly for Clemson, and they'll be losing in the semis for the next several years.

I don't think anybody thinks this is the end of clempson run. We're just glad they lost.
I wish someone could get that this is the majority view around here today. Someone thinks that we are saying, "Ding Dong, the witch is dead." Nobody with any sense is saying that.

Get a life OP. Every thread and post on here are by you the past couple months it seems like. Dabo sucks and you are not the arbiter of Gamecock fandom

Is what it is.
Lol @ JTater. What a joke

Is what it is.

Seriously, the ONLY bubble that burst was from all the silly Clemson fans that were on social media talking about how it could be a repeat of last year. Delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT