ADVERTISEMENT

SOS says we have good coaches, then it must be the players...***

Spurrier doesn't know up from down right now. If we have good coaches then they should try doing some good coaching for a change.

Reactions: gamecock ed
We don't have quality coaches or players. Spurrier needs to be the head man with an upgrade at all coaching positions, including all 3 coordintor positions. An offensive coordinator has been needed for a couple of years now.

Greyson Lambert was 11/21 for 116 yards against Vandy. VANDY. Are we supposed to believe that our defense is less talented than Vandy's?

Reactions: GamecockJL
Good coaches wouldn't self admit they have to coach better, after every game, for two years!!

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
Good coaches wouldn't self admit they have to coach better, after every game, for two years!!
I had to laugh...you are right. If you said last week you have to coach better and the results are worse than the week before then....either you didn't try to coach better or you can't coach any better....either way...fire that man !

Other than Mangus and probably Elliot, I wouldn't trust any of our position coaches to evaluate, recruit and develop their own position players. Sadly, we no longer have Graham, Lawing, Cooper or EJ who anyone would trust to do that.

Blaming first year coach Hoke would not be correct. He can be your scapegoat if you like, but SC has maybe 2 defensive players (and one is a graduate transfer) that are top school SEC caliber. For that you blame the coaches.
The rest should of played against UCF yesterday, not next Saturday

Blaming Hoke would not be correct. He can be your scapegoat if you like, but SC has maybe 2 defensive players (and one is a graduate transfer) that are top school SEC caliber. The rest should of played against UCF yesterday, not next Saturday
However, I can't say I like his scheme thus far. No pressure and DBs not within the same zip code as the receivers.

Blaming first year coach Hoke would not be correct. He can be your scapegoat if you like, but SC has maybe 2 defensive players (and one is a graduate transfer) that are top school SEC caliber. For that you blame the coaches.
The rest should of played against UCF yesterday, not next Saturday
His scheme seems flawed. None of the corners have pressed all all season to the away the short slants and curls.

When you have slow, lack of quickness corners that should be playing in the southern conference, it is hard to play press coverage against the top teams wide receivers

When you have slow, lack of quickness corners that should be playing in the southern conference, it is hard to play press coverage against the top teams wide receivers
they should at least try to take away the short stuff. Hoke is just scared to get beat deep.

Spurrier has been calling it in for two years. Except for special teams this is worse than a Chinese fire drill. Can't get plays in, can't get plays off. Players lined up wrong. WRs running bad routes then can't catch it when they do. Then there's the defense....

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Spurrier has been calling it in for two years. Except for special teams this is worse than a Chinese fire drill. Can't get plays in, can't get plays off. Players lined up wrong. WRs running bad routes then can't catch it when they do. Then there's the defense....

What about the great efforts of our TRUE FRESHMAN QP ? Spurrier now says we are going to see Lorenzo Nunez more in the games .......
And anyone who can't Sept 19, 2015 see how good Nunez looked in a HOSTILE environment throwing and escaping the rush to get off a pass is either blind or unintelligent.

The Coaches and the play calling are definitely questionable. Players can only run the plays they are given. We need a talent upgrade at all levels of the coaching hierarchy. We also need some serious emphasis put on the recruiting process. Only then will we be highly successful again.
And we ALL know who the recruiting coordinator is - JR, who's not well liked by the high school coaches! THAT should be the very first order of business! Also, as WR coach what wide receiver has he "developed"? I'd have to say Alshon & Bruce were natural talents who developed themselves (and likely Pharoh as well). Can't say a whole lot for any others IMO!! In other words I don't see HBC making changes we need in his staff and there is going to lie our problem henceforth. Hope he does because I love what he's brought & want him to stay around for several more years, but these are tough & close to his heart so it may be he needs to resign (can't see us "firing" him but another year like this and we're set WAY back again) and use his contacts to help us find another great coach (and leave here with LOVE)!

Reactions: CoachT13
Been saying all year long that the HBC has not fixed anything, defense, QB play or worthless assistants but all the sunshine pumpers can't see it. Time for him to move on. He quit last year, just hasn't left.

Loyalty to coaches will get you fired. Spurrier is being ridiculously loyal to some bad coaches.

Agree. I think Coach Spurrier should still be head coach but he is going to have to get some better assistants. The thing is, everyone says he is keeping these guys because they are good recruiters. I don't see it. I am as big a Spurrier fan as there is but he needs to get some better help. I do believe that the in state talent has dropped off over the last few years and that contributes some to it but there is plenty of talent in Georgia and Florida that we could get some of it and be better. You just have to get out there and beat the bushes. I heard someone on the radio Friday talk about how we haven't spent as much on recruiting as the other schools because we try to be more efficient by combining trips and things like that. I don't know about all that but we better start hitting the trail a little harder in the other states around us.

The last 2 seasons, our coaches have not been able to evaluate and get the right players on the field. Each week it is like they flip a coin and say let's try this guy. Why is that? Complete incompetence!

We are stuck with the coaches we have because if he didnt get rid of them after last year then what will it take?? Also we know he would never fire his son even though it is warranted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT