ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina spending vs.. you know who

shockwave210

Aug 25, 2008
Hate to cross post through twitter but this is a tough post to read... Mainly due to frustration

Top spender: D-Coordinator Brett Venebles who spent $174K on travel. Dline coach Todd Bates right behind with $173K on travel. By comparison,
@GamecockFB
has one coach in the school's top ten on travel spending: Lance Thompson with $38K.
@KevinLive5
@JayPhilips1075
@TimHill1075

South Carolinas program somehow generates +20-25mil per year due to an SEC relation and we aren't doing anything with it..

Blame payroll? Fine let's do that too

Hate to cross post through twitter but this is a tough post to read... Mainly due to frustration

South Carolinas program somehow generates +20-25mil per year due to an SEC relation and we aren't doing anything with it..

Oh, yes, they are. A little line in the AD's annual report reads something like this: ' . . . and contributions to the university's General Fund . . .' Whoops! there goes the $$$$.

Frank Howard fought the greedy hands of academia at Clemson and he . . . WON! Holderman tried to get his hands in the AD's till and Carlen got bounced.

Carolina fans/alums need to demand accountability . . . NOW!

I can't imagine Muschamp hasn't asked the recruting budget to be increased substantially. If he has he probably was turned down and we just haven't heard about it. We seem to have an awful lot of attorneys on our BOT where Clemson has a lot of small business men and women that understand you have to spend to make money, or in athletics case, be successful.

Didn't USC have their own plane and Clemson used the state plane? That might have changed.

It is a small sample size I looked up (2019 ESPN 300), but we are/were far more active out West for this class than I remember being. Granted, compared us and Clemson on players who have committed to one of us or the other and uncommitted players who have us on their offer or interest list.
If Muschamp hopes to turn things around and build something consistent, he not only has to hit the usual recruiting grounds (SC, Ga, NC, Fla), but needs to bring in high-quality players nationally.

Reactions: LakeMurrayUSCFan
Here is USC's 1980 Beech-

261085.jpg

And here is Dabo's ride-

78419_1493661777.jpg

Reactions: LakeMurrayUSCFan

I think one big difference is CU is traveling nationwide (longer trips & overnight stays) whereas SC is traveling (for the most part) within the southeastern US where they can go and return in the same day. Just a thought

I think one big difference is CU is traveling nationwide (longer trips & overnight stays) whereas SC is traveling (for the most part) within the southeastern US where they can go and return in the same day. Just a thought
That's probably because that old bomb of ours can't make it cross country.Laughing

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Muschamp brought up the plane issue 2 years ago, this should be addressed by now! I don't think they have a waiting list for small 2 engine jets. Write a check!!! If were gonna rail the guy for not winning and say he has to recruit better, then let's not drag butt till his year 5 to get the tool to work with. Get it yesterday!

Brett Venebles has to be rolling soon. Hopefully following this year.

I have no idea why he would leave. He's making insane money without head coach pressure, and even if their system tanked, he's at least 5 years away from being OUT. If he leaves, HE could tank and be gone in 3, or 5 at best. Why go ANYWHERE except a foreign beach when he retires/bores of coaching?

Reactions: Jpcooper
It is a small sample size I looked up (2019 ESPN 300), but we are/were far more active out West for this class than I remember being. Granted, compared us and Clemson on players who have committed to one of us or the other and uncommitted players who have us on their offer or interest list.
If Muschamp hopes to turn things around and build something consistent, he not only has to hit the usual recruiting grounds (SC, Ga, NC, Fla), but needs to bring in high-quality players nationally.
The problem we have is if we get top talent they leave early. Dabo talks em into staying

Just spend all that money on a copy of a resort/palace that millionaires stay at while on vacation at some exotic location. Make it roomy enough that friends and family can come over to visit and spend the night. Give each player their own suite. Private hot tub, TV, king sized bed, in-room meals, free video game downloads, private tutors, on-line classes, etc. Well, you get the picture. Next, build a stadium like that one currently being used in Atlanta by the Falcons. Inside the stadium you will provide the best of everything...weights, NFL calibre conditioning coaches, etc. that would make Alabama's weight room and staff look like they came from a third world country. And finally, you bring in a proven winner as your HC. Someone that knows how to recruit and coach championship teams. And you fly the recruits and their whole families in on 737's and let them spend the night in one of the resort rooms and then tour the facilities. If you can do all that, you can sign people in from all over the country. Top facilities will bring in top prospects.

All I know is I worked with a small FBO in Florida and Clemson had guys flying in on a weekly basis . Jeff Scott was down here every Friday night . When Kirby was at Bama he was too . Never once saw anybody from USC .

That all pisses me off all over again.

I can't imagine Muschamp hasn't asked the recruting budget to be increased substantially. If he has he probably was turned down and we just haven't heard about it. We seem to have an awful lot of attorneys on our BOT where Clemson has a lot of small business men and women that understand you have to spend to make money, or in athletics case, be successful.
I realize y’all hate Dabo, you think he is dumb, a cheerleader etc but the results speak for themselves. He saw first hand the impact a winning program can make (see Alabama - ever been to Tuscaloosa?). More importantly the BOT and administration realized what a successful program could do.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnta...the-genius-of-rising-inequality/#1ae7524cc4a0

It’s amazing to see just how huge an impact a successful and growing University can have on a local economy, esp when there really isn’t anything else around except cows and a lake. It’s also clear that a growing Clemson elevates the surrounding economy at a MUCH higher rate than USC would/does Columbia’s economy. The later has a huge economy with or without a University. Clemson and the surrounding area would have even greater poverty if not for the University (all those textile jobs went away and nothing really replaced them).

I realize y’all hate Dabo, you think he is dumb, a cheerleader etc but the results speak for themselves. He saw first hand the impact a winning program can make (see Alabama - ever been to Tuscaloosa?). More importantly the BOT and administration realized what a successful program could do.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnta...the-genius-of-rising-inequality/#1ae7524cc4a0

It’s amazing to see just how huge an impact a successful and growing University can have on a local economy, esp when there really isn’t anything else around except cows and a lake. It’s also clear that a growing Clemson elevates the surrounding economy at a MUCH higher rate than USC would/does Columbia’s economy. The later has a huge economy with or without a University. Clemson and the surrounding area would have even greater poverty if not for the University (all those textile jobs went away and nothing really replaced them).
Most of your BOT is made up of small business owners while ours is made up of lawyers who take naps at 4pm and in bed by 6:30 because they're 106. I was curious the other night so I looked it up the differences in the BOT of both schools and the answer was plain as day.

Most of your BOT is made up of small business owners while ours is made up of lawyers who take naps at 4pm and in bed by 6:30 because they're 106. I was curious the other night so I looked it up the differences in the BOT of both schools and the answer was plain as day.
The bot may be the source of all the crap we have been forced to endure.

Brett Venebles has to be rolling soon. Hopefully following this year.
Why would any of Clemson coaches move right now? All of the coordinators get paid top money, they all still need massive experience, except Venebles. When Dabo was hired and fir many years, don’t know that it happens now, you took a share of his pay and gave it to all of the coaches and advisors on his team so they could get could money. Venebles has said many times that he loves the job he does. He makes more money than he knows what do with and his children have been raised in Clemson. Many asst and analyst have been fired to get the ones that all buy into the same culture of winning.
Mushchsmp May very well be that next coach but he has to get the best of,df, sp, s&c, lb, te, about, ok etc coaches he can find and pay them the money to do the job and stay the hell out of the way unless they don’t produce

Reactions: jroller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT