ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier at practice today!

This is a really stupid post- coaches don't leave the program whilenitnisnob top. Hardly ever happens- nobody knows the future and human nature is to assume something going well will continue to go well... He didn't run the program into the ground on purpose at the end- get a grip.
Thanks for your judgment about "stupidity", but I totally disagree with you regarding Spurrier. I understand most coaches don't leave a program while on top and the "human nature" of that, but when you're 70 years old and telling reporters you plan to leave in a year or so (or in so many words in that devastating interview which definitely hurt our recruiting) this man should've left then since he chose not to work anymore (he knew he'd quit working & was setting up his son). Most coaches who stay on while on top also choose to continue working, so your logic didn't fit in this situation!

Geez. Another thread on Gamecock Central with a name that brings the same old same old. Anytime Spurrier's name goes up poster's who have no more knowledge about his appearance than I do post like they absolutely know his mind and thoughts.

Reactions: DC-99 and vacock#
Geez. Another thread on Gamecock Central with a name that brings the same old same old. Anytime Spurrier's name goes up poster's who have no more knowledge about his appearance than I do post like they absolutely know his mind and thoughts.
It's a little strange and somewhat suspicious, don't you think? Spurrier is on the Florida payroll and has absolutely no business in Columbia. Or does he?

20992746_1593542204024613_6552542170189564961_n.jpg
Dang, is it just me or did he get old?

It would have been more appropriate, I think, if Jerri had been there. She makes no secret of the fact she still cares about USC. Wasn't she at one of the Final Fours in Gamecock gear? Great lady. I think Steve WAY outkicked his coverage - or, in his case, outpassed it.

Let's see now Some of you always harped he was constantly playing golf when he was here and spent little time on football all those years. Why would it be different now? I'd think some would surmise he's now playing golf on Florida's dime and this is just a stop off on the way to the course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT