ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier interview on 107.5

As much as it taints his tenure, it's actually good that Spurrier hung around til the bitter end. The seeds for failure had been sown long before he walked away mid-season. Any new coach coming in would have been shell-shocked at how decimated we were. He would have had a ROUGH first year, for sure. If Spurrier had left when things still appeared peachy on the surface, the new coach would have shouldered ALL of the blame for the decline, even though it would not have been his fault. He would have been fired by now.

During his last few years, he was also finishing up the indoor practice facility and continuing progress toward what became the Long Family Football Operations Center. Those are two things you can credit Spurrier with, along with the beatification projects around the stadium. What we're seeing now is the Spurrier and Hyman vision coming to fruition. People only think about what happens on the field, but Spurrier changed the entire program and continued to move these project forward with donors and the athletic department, even as things on the field deteriorated.

His favorite victory was over Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl and I'm so glad I was there.

His favorite victory was over Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl and I'm so glad I was there.

Great day. Loved it when he gave the ok for the fans to come celebrate on the field with the team...of course security and Cap 1 officials weren’t allowing that.

It was a very special time to sit back and realize we had just beaten Nebraska for our 11th Win. Crazy we won 11 3 years in a row.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT