ADVERTISEMENT

Spurrier: We aren't the only 2-3 SEC team

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
Reminded everyone in his Tuesday presser that Tennessee and Arkansas are also 2-3.

Reactions: Dackel
Reminded everyone in his Tuesday presser that Tennessee and Arkansas are also 2-3.
We are only 2-3 with a lot of football to be played. All we have to do is come out and catch fire. We have a leader in Nunez. We all know that he has the talent. Give him time. Clemson is unlucky that they get us at the end of the year. I guess I'm the only one excited about how good we could be by the end of the year. Defense is getting better every week and qb just needs the reps.

We are only 2-3 with a lot of football to be played. All we have to do is come out and catch fire. We have a leader in Nunez. We all know that he has the talent. Give him time. Clemson is unlucky that they get us at the end of the year. I guess I'm the only one excited about how good we could be by the end of the year. Defense is getting better every week and qb just needs the reps.

College football is a very unpredictable game, you never what could happen, we could also come out and lay an egg the rest of the year too, but Im gonna side with you on this one. I see the potential in the players, Its the coaches who are the problem,

College football is a very unpredictable game, you never what could happen, we could also come out and lay an egg the rest of the year too, but Im gonna side with you on this one. I see the potential in the players, Its the coaches who are the problem,

That's how I feel. It's the low paid coaches that need to go. Recruiting coordinators and stuff. I think hoke is doing well. I hope that the players don't read this negative stuff and stay motivated. If the game is played in Columbia I hope our player play motivated, kind of like the saints after Katrina.

I am going to just sit back and watch the team the rest of the year and quit trying to analyze the offense, the defense, the staff or the direction of the program. I have no expectations of us changing...getting better....winning anymore games.....or anything else. I am in "Brad Scott era" mode the rest of the year.....I say that but I probably won't be.....this is where I am as a fan.....because this is where we are as a program.

Reactions: Gamecocks321
I am going to just sit back and watch the team the rest of the year and quit trying to analyze the offense, the defense, the staff or the direction of the program. I have no expectations of us changing...getting better....winning anymore games.....or anything else. I am in "Brad Scott era" mode the rest of the year.....I say that but I probably won't be.....this is where I am as a fan.....because this is where we are as a program.
Putting a face to a username creeps me out. Idk, maybe it's just me.

That's an odd thing for Spurrier to say in light of the fact that he told us, early into his tenure here, not to applaud the team for a good effort against then highly ranked Auburn.

I have done it on all the forums before. I think most people do a mental picture of what people look like anyway....so I just took it out of the mix...lol...
I like making a mental picture. It's like putting a face on a radio host. Once you see their face it takes the mystery out of it haha.

But we are the worst team in the SEC and that is not acceptable.

That's how I feel. It's the low paid coaches that need to go. Recruiting coordinators and stuff. I think hoke is doing well. I hope that the players don't read this negative stuff and stay motivated. If the game is played in Columbia I hope our player play motivated, kind of like the saints after Katrina.

What?? Is that sarcasm?

I just don't see this team catching fire this season. Fundamentally we are lost. No leaders on the field or the sidelines. Our coaches aren't inspiring anyone to be better. Accepting this truth has made watching the games less stressful for me. I tend to agree that Spurrier will hang it up at the end of this season. I don't think he cares anymore.

Just like Robert said. Was tenn or arky a 11 or 10 win team 3 years ago? He needs to worry about the gamecock's sucking instead of other teams sucking as much as us.

I just don't see this team catching fire this season. Fundamentally we are lost. No leaders on the field or the sidelines. Our coaches aren't inspiring anyone to be better. Accepting this truth has made watching the games less stressful for me. I tend to agree that Spurrier will hang it up at the end of this season. I don't think he cares anymore.

I tend to agree with you, but this team has been within a couple of plays of winning a few more games. We had our chances at Mizzou as well. A TD called back by a penalty, a Safety not awarded due to a terrible call, a dropped pick 6. Besides the Georgia game, this team has competed. Many of them are young and they need to learn how to win. They've certainly already learned how to lose.

Accepting mediocrity. Plain and simple
No... the media had hyped up both those same teams saying they were going do damage in their respected divisions. The media was already down on South Carolina this year. He was simply pointing out the similarities. If you think Spurrier accepts mediocrity, you really need to get your personal reality checked.

Spurrier has left the building....he's gone at seasons end. I can read it in everything he is saying and doing. He is on cruise control for 7 more games and then he is out of here. Mark it down.....
And what are you going to do when you are wrong? People have been 'marking it down' since 2008.

Reactions: BigTomE

You cannot possibly be serious!!

Reactions: IkeWild33
Sometimes for the worse...lol....my mug is bad enough so no need in trying to make it seem better by letting someone guess. The disappointment would be all to real....now I don't have to worry.
All the boards in all the internet would be far more civil if everyone had to post a pic.

Another sign that, Steve Superior, the guy we hired 11 years ago is dead. I don't know who this impostor who is calling himself the Head Ball Coach is, but he sucks and I don't care for him one bit.

I would not worry about the record if we played very well but caught some bad breaks to lose games. But anyone who has watched the team can see we look like dog crap.

He also said this team doesn't have the same ability as the 2005 team that turned it around. I got the feel from him that he knows our players don't ha the talent a SEC team should have.

I like making a mental picture. It's like putting a face on a radio host. Once you see their face it takes the mystery out of it haha.
This is what I picture everyone looks like....except Superflyby (he took the mystery out of it for me :)
sexy-woman-with-computer.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT