ADVERTISEMENT

SPURRIER

He lost to Clemp, UK, Mizzou and UT last year. It's likely he will lose to UGA, LSU, aTm, Mizzou and UT this year and it's not out of the question he could lose to UNC, Clemp and UF too. So, he's not winning anymore either.

During yesterday's rant he mentioned we have a good team this year. I recall him saying the exact same thing last year. The difference between this year and 2012 is our staff and our talent. We're trending in the wrong direction and yesterday smacked of desperation.

Because you say we will "likely" lose to them doesn't mean we will. You kind of need the season to play out my friend.. Don't jump off the ledge over shit you think "might" happen..

Those losses were 1 year. That does not make a trend..

The year before we were 11-2. The year before that, we were 11-2. The year before that, we were 11-2.. That should be more of a trend than the 1 subpar season last year, that was mired with injuries and attrition (Clowney, Hampton, Quarles).

If you choose to believe the wheels have come off from (1) 7-6 season. DAMN. You must be pretty young and don't remember the truly "lean" years, when I actually thought 7-6 was a spectacular year. I ain't saying that's what I aspire to, but I damn sure am not going to run off a coach for beating most of the biggest teams on our schedule year in and year out..

You people should actually think before you let emotion do the typing..

I think everyone can agree, this is exactly the kind of passion and enthusiasm that we all want to see. We actually needed that. Great job, Coach.
The fact that he needs to do it is what is stupid. A few recruits believed the garbage they read in the newspaper and the whispers from other teams. Spurrier isn't going to have any mercy this season. I can't wait to see what he's going to do after his post game interviews.

He lost to Clemp, UK, Mizzou and UT last year. It's likely he will lose to UGA, LSU, aTm, Mizzou and UT this year and it's not out of the question he could lose to UNC, Clemp and UF too. So, he's not winning anymore either.

During yesterday's rant he mentioned we have a good team this year. I recall him saying the exact same thing last year. The difference between this year and 2012 is our staff and our talent. We're trending in the wrong direction and yesterday smacked of desperation.
One year and you think this? Pure and simply loser syndrome. Get that garbage out of here.

244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa9c33f24e64bc34f6dd550ccd.jpg
Hey Ctater, I did not know Dabo severed in Iraq.

Dude, you are either with us or against us. Make the call so we all know. Your negativity is at an all time high.

Reactions: Tigerof66

How many handles do you have? This post is verbatim with a couple of others on here. Your shit is tired, give it a rest.

ConCOCKshon...Just crawl back into the darkness you came from....

We honestly didn't hire Spurrier to be a recruiter. He is one of the best game day coaches there is. We hired him to beat Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Florida, etc. And, you know what? He has..

It would be great to get top 5 classes year in and year out so we could claim the recruiting national championship like our little brother to the North (nothing else to claim), but SC isn't Florida. We have about 1/4 the population. Hell, Atlanta has as big a population as SC as a whole. As long as Coach keeps us in the top 20 recruiting, I like our chances. Especially, with him calling the ball plays..
He is not going to keep the recruiting up a this rate. It has already started to decline. He is losing his mystique that was our basis for our recent recruiting bump. He is too far removed from a championship. Recruits aren't impressed with some coach that is supposed to be great but hasn't won a championship in 15 years. And I don't care how good of a game day coach he is. We can't win if our players are inferior to competition. He can talk about all theses "firsts" for the program all he wants. He can talk about winning bowl games, and having good seasons, but it is not a championship. That is what the recruits want. And I don't want to hear about all the excuses of why we can't win a championship at South Carolina because the recruits don't want to hear it either. That just gives them another reason to play for someone else. Talking about why it's hard for South Carolina to win is not how you sell this program. Every year, I want to hear that we are not going to be happy unless we win that championship. I want to hear nothing but, "We're going to do it this year." Every year. No more laid back off seasons. No more laid back recruiting strategies.

Last edited:
Reactions: IkeWild33
It's the same every year. 1 month before the season starts he talks about how good a team we have. He said the same last year. It's coach speak. It doesn't mean anything.
Well great, I feel better now. Thanks for that dose of downer-ism, we all needed that ITT that was going in such the opposite and positive direction.

One year and you think this? Pure and simply loser syndrome. Get that garbage out of here.
No, it's not simply 1 season. It's the fact we didn't take advantage of the 3 great seasons by racking up consecutive recruiting hauls. It's the fact that he acted in desperation in 3 games (UT, Mizzou and UK) by throwing the ball all over the field in the 4th quarter when he didn't have to. In a 4th game (Aubie) he threw all caution to the wind and it was a miracle we weren't blown out. It's the fact that his staff is not nearly as good as it was 3 years ago and our players appear out of shape. It's the fact that despite all of this he made no significant changes in the off-season (he certainly didn't make a big splash) and his recruiting efforts are still far below his peers. It's the fact that I've read he was ready to quit but was talked out if it (ala Holtz). It's the fact he has a 3-headed monster calling plays when he's supposed to be doing that. It's the fact his son is in charge of recruiting. It's the fact Ward and Adams are still on staff.

That's my reasoning.

How many handles do you have? This post is verbatim with a couple of others on here. Your shit is tired, give it a rest.
I have 1 handle and I've had it for years. So, pipe down. In fact, I could say the exact same about the pumpers. Y'all keep telling me how great things are. But, I see the same staff as last year. I also do not see any Latts, Clowneys, Gilmores or Alshons on the roster this year. I disagree with your rosy outlook. I also disagree that SOS is still great. He once was, but no more. A great coach doesn't make the numerous mistakes he made last year.

Some fans remind me of children having a tantrum in a restaurant or store, while their parents just sit there. Poor kids don't know any better because they were not provided the proper tools to handle disappointing situations. Really, their parents are the ones that need to be smacked. It's more disappointing when it's an adult. I pity them because they should know better by now.

I have 1 handle and I've had it for years. So, pipe down. In fact, I could say the exact same about the pumpers. Y'all keep telling me how great things are. But, I see the same staff as last year. I also do not see any Latts, Clowneys, Gilmores or Alshons on the roster this year. I disagree with your rosy outlook. I also disagree that SOS is still great. He once was, but no more. A great coach doesn't make the numerous mistakes he made last year.
Your shit is tired. Every single post is negative. Every one. Do you like anything about Carolina? Nope.
You have several usernames here, just admit it. A natty in football would anger you.

Reactions: rpp2001
He is not going to keep the recruiting up a this rate. It has already started to decline. He is losing his mystique that was our basis for our recent recruiting bump. He is too far removed from a championship. Recruits aren't impressed with some coach that is supposed to be great but hasn't won a championship in 15 years. And I don't care how good of a game day coach he is. We can't win if our players are inferior to competition. He can talk about all theses "firsts" for the program all he wants. He can talk about winning bowl games, and having good seasons, but it is not a championship. That is what the recruits want. And I don't want to hear about all the excuses of why we can't win a championship at South Carolina because the recruits don't want to hear it either. That just gives them another reason to play for someone else. Talking about why it's hard for South Carolina to win is not how you sell this program. Every year, I want to hear that we are not going to be happy unless we win that championship. I want to hear nothing but, "We're going to do it this year." Every year. No more laid back off seasons. No more laid back recruiting strategies.

Why dont you explain in detail and with FACT, exactly what our recruiting strategy is and what measures we are using and are not using that other teams are. If you could post this in bullet point fashion in comparison with other SEC teams that would be great. It awesome to have an insider like you here that can go in depth with our coaching staff and its strategies and share with us here on Gamecock Central. Thanks Bud.

Oh, so you want a cheerleader "Dat-Bo" type for a coach.

You can easily make that happen yourself.

No, it's not simply 1 season. It's the fact we didn't take advantage of the 3 great seasons by racking up consecutive recruiting hauls. It's the fact that he acted in desperation in 3 games (UT, Mizzou and UK) by throwing the ball all over the field in the 4th quarter when he didn't have to. In a 4th game (Aubie) he threw all caution to the wind and it was a miracle we weren't blown out. It's the fact that his staff is not nearly as good as it was 3 years ago and our players appear out of shape. It's the fact that despite all of this he made no significant changes in the off-season (he certainly didn't make a big splash) and his recruiting efforts are still far below his peers. It's the fact that I've read he was ready to quit but was talked out if it (ala Holtz). It's the fact he has a 3-headed monster calling plays when he's supposed to be doing that. It's the fact his son is in charge of recruiting. It's the fact Ward and Adams are still on staff.

That's my reasoning.

"It's the fact that I've read he was ready to quit but was talked out if it (ala Holtz)."

Well if you read it somewhere you must remember where you read it. I've asked you and a few others that keep making this BS statement to back it up by providing a link, but you never do.

If you can't back it up then stop repeating it. No one believes your BS anyway.

Last edited:

Well, you are going to have a lifetime full of disappointment my friend.. Or at least while he is here because the tireless recruiting you read about from the recruiting national champs, he isn't going to do it. Sorry. He is not a snake oil salesman and never has been and I venture to day, never will be.. He tells it like it is, which is some of the reason people don't like him. Funny, how most of the people that piss and moan about him and don't like him are the ones getting their asses handed to them on the field. I'll take that. He hasn't one a championship in 15 years, huh? He has one though brother.. That is better than most every D1 Coach currently going. For every (1) that wins, over (100) don't.. No excuses. Facts.

I'll give my $ and support my school win or lose and will always want more for the program. However, wins are what matter. And he has more of em than any other guy we've had.

Again, if the Head Ball Coach keeps us in the top 20 in recruiting year in and year out, we have a legit shot with him on the sidelines calling the plays. The man is a winner and minus the whole thing (SECC), he's done exactly what they said he couldn't do here. WIN. And you people want to run him off?? Because his recruiting sucks?? Okay, let's say I concede and believe recruiting is as bad as you say.. What does it mean when he takes that subpar recruiting and beats the likes of UGA, UF, UT, Clemson, etc?? Not just (1) year, but on a consistent basis.. I don't care about last year.. (1) year does not a body of work make.. And that man's body of work deserves not only respect, but to be in that stadium.. He won't allow it to happen, but it should be Steve Spurrier Field while he is still our guy.. The man is a living legend. And he's ours..

He called the presser to talk about how good his record was at Florida because the kids who are finishing high school now were 3 years old the last time Spurrier coached there, and weren't born when UF won a natty. They have no idea how awesome he used to be.

Ignore button really works great and I have hit it on two who posted in this thread. Shouldn't be hard to figure out which two. GINO (Gamecocks IN Name Only).

Thanks for the reminder. I'm putting a couple on there right now. They're in this thread and I think we all know who they are. Most likely, both of them are full blown taters in disguise.

Sedition?
Wow. Seems like it.
I fear you may be suffering from opti-recti ... observing the world as seen through a thin layer of ca ca.
Things aren't nearly as bad as you say.
If 'bout 50-wins over the last 5-years doesn't float your boat you need to stay on the beach.
You wrote we'll probably lose five and could lose eight. That's nuts con-shon ... ain't gonna happen.

That's my reasoning.

SOS has been here 10-years.
In those 10-years he's won 84 times including 5 bowl games - the last 4 in a row.
This wasn't Alabama or Tennessee or LSU or Georgia he took over ... it was South Carolina, where for years we weren't even the best team in a small state. SOS has owned Clemson. He's routinely beaten GA, FL, TN and CLEMSON recently and that NEVER HAPPENED before he arrived. Winning IN ATHENS and at CLEMSON rarely happened and IN GAINESVILLE and IN KNOXVILLE NEVER HAPPENED before Spurrier.
You need to get a grip.

Sedition?
Wow. Seems like it.
I fear you may be suffering from opti-recti ... observing the world as seen through a thin layer of ca ca.
Things aren't nearly as bad as you say.
If 'bout 50-wins over the last 5-years doesn't float your boat you need to stay on the beach.
You wrote we'll probably lose five and could lose eight. That's nuts con-shon ... ain't gonna happen.

In those 10-years he's won 84 times including 5 bowl games - the last 4 in a row.
This wasn't Alabama or Tennessee or LSU or Georgia he took over ... it was South Carolina, where for years we weren't even the best team in a small state. SOS has owned Clemson. He's routinely beaten GA, FL, TN and CLEMSON recently and that NEVER HAPPENED before he arrived. Winning IN ATHENS and at CLEMSON rarely happened and IN GAINESVILLE and IN KNOXVILLE NEVER HAPPENED before Spurrier.
You need to get a grip.

Amen brother.. The ones letting the shit fall out of their mouths are either but hurt Clemson fans trolling or are very young and naive Carolina fans who haven't been on this ship very long.. (1) 7-6 year doesn't mean the wheels are coming off. After (3) 11-2's and beating your rival like a frigging rented mule for half of a decade, IN A ROW, we all want more.. I remember the days 5-6 to 6-5 was a reality every year.. Reality now, is much better today than when I was a student.. I'll take it..

Some of the folks on here have a distorted view of reality where apparently everything goes their way at all times in their world and when it doesn't, someone's ass is handed to them.. I surely hope that isn't how you expect to go through life. If so, they will be as miserable as they seem to be here..

It is absolutely ludicrous to think we can/will go 11-2 or better EVERY year. Not gonna happen. We have very little in the way of history to sell recruits. Alabama, OSU, and others have a trophy case full of them to show off to prospects. That does make a difference.

Fact is, we do a whole lot more on the field, with what the "experts" say is a whole lot less (recruiting rankings) than a host of others.. I will roll with the Head Ball Coach til the day he decides to hang up the spurs..

Reactions: Cocky kebo57
Your shit is tired. Every single post is negative. Every one. Do you like anything about Carolina? Nope.
You have several usernames here, just admit it. A natty in football would anger you.
Get over yourself and put me on ignore. That way you can celebrate another .500% season without hearing from me.

33 of those victories came in a stretch when we managed to have guys named Alshon, Lattimore, Gilmore, and some others on the team, at least for some of it.

And some guy named Clowney was on all three of those teams. Remember him?

And more importantly a guy named Shaw that could make plays with his legs and would take off running in a heartbeat was on those teams.

Take away those three 11 win seasons. You are left with a guy that won 51 games and two bowls in 7 years. That's pretty decent by historical standards here, but it isn't anything to write home about.

Some of you guys like to talk about how long you've posted here, and how long you've been fans. Fine.

But apparently you have short memories. Do you remember what things were like pre-2010? I sure do. And there was a ton of questioning about Spurrier, our system, our crappy performances.

None of that changed. Except for one thing. GA and Elliott were hired (boy do I have mixed feelings about Elliott), and we started running inside zone, and letting the qb run. And since we had some guys like Lattimore, Alshon, Gilmore etc. we did a few things like knock off Alabama, and we made it to Atlanta once.

Fast forward to Thompson. Take the qb runs off the table for the most part and we start to see a few things that we saw pre-2010. The indecision, the sacks, the crazy throws. I keep hearing about our "record breaking offense" last year. Guys, it wasn't even outstanding by the standards of other teams for just last year, let alone some kind of all time thing. Baylor, Oklahoma State, if they had a season like we had on offense last year, well they think the world is coming to an end.

Long story short, however it happened we do not have players, at least in the same numbers, we had during our streak. Cooper is about it. We have a guy in Lewis at defensive end who might be. We have a guy like Adams that has the ability (but he doesn't have a coach that loves tight ends, some offenses and Adams is an all american). We have a few guys who are going to be pretty good (Walton, Moore for example).

This upcoming season is going to be a train wreck I think. And when the smoke clears Spurrier is going to pack it up for Crescent Beach or wherever it is his beachhouse is at. Because this is one nasty schedule coming up.

Oh yeah, and as an over and under, who wants to predict the first game where we hear "putrid" applied to the offense?

Get over yourself and put me on ignore. That way you can celebrate another .500% season without hearing from me.

Since when is 7-6, 500%??? Tater math?? Lol

I find it amusing when you people spew this mindless garbage. It must be tiring for all of the ones pissing and moaning about how bad it is.. My (2) pennies says you are absolutely delusional and would be saying the same thing had we actually gone 11-2 again, because we would be "stuck" or have "plateaued" under Coach and thus he needs to go.

If you are actually a true fan, maybe you are the one that needs to go. I think I speak for most on here when I say, "we don't need your brand of support"..

Thanks for your time..

What was our regular season record last year, junior?

Jr? How did you know? I'm proud to be a Jr. My Father was a great man and person and my Mother felt as though I could carry the name well. Thanks for your acknowledgement of such..

Oh, and I'm sorry, I missed the part of your post where you originally said "regular season"... My reading comprehension is better than a lot of the computer cowboy's that stop in, so please, allow me educate you.. "Regular" wasn't in your post my friend.. You said .500% SEASON. That includes the bowl game "junior".. Lol. As far as I'm concerned, if the bowl game counts in the win/loss column at the end of the year, that is our record. 7-6, which is better than .500% brother, but you are welcome to keep trying.

On another note, SOS isn't going anywhere no matter how much you don't like it.. I agree that there are (2) Coaches in the SEC who presently write their own tickets (Saban and Spurrier).. You really have no choice in it, as it is not/will never be your decision to make. But, please, keep bitching and griping. It has obviously gotten you far :)

What was our regular season record last year, junior?

Ignore? Lol. Why would I do that? I actually enjoy reading the shit that falls out of the mouths of you people. It amuses me that your panties are in such a wad that you can't stay away from OUR board.

We had a subpar season last year after an unprecedented 4 year run of wins, that included beating our rival like a rented mule, UGA like a dog, and most every other frigging team we could NEVER beat before. If you can't see that as success, you should really flush that orange shit out of your eyes. We don't need that kind of "support".

Ignore? Lol. Why would I do that? I actually enjoy reading the shit that falls out of the mouths of you people. It amuses me that your panties are in such a wad that you can't stay away from OUR board.

We had a subpar season last year after an unprecedented 4 year run of wins, that included beating our rival like a rented mule, UGA like a dog, and most every other frigging team we could NEVER beat before. If you can't see that as success, you should really flush that orange shit out of your eyes. We don't need that kind of "support".

What's even funnier is all the chitter chatter about how down our recruiting is when the fact is our number of 4 star recruits has gone up EVERY YEAR over the past 4 years, as well as the number of 5.7 3* players (1/10th of a point away from being a 4*) , and that's according to Rivals which these whiners love to use to try and claim our recruiting has sucked lately.
Yes, even with all of the late defections, we signed more 4* players last season than the previous 3.

But if you're going to spread doom and gloom I guess you have to ignore facts and spew BS that fits your narrative. But that's typical around here anyway. We could sign the #1 class in the country and there would still be people here bitching about the players we didn't sign or ones that didn't pick USC.

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
What's even funnier is all the chitter chatter about how down our recruiting is when the fact is our number of 4 star recruits has gone up EVERY YEAR over the past 4 years, as well as the number of 5.7 3* players (1/10th of a point away from being a 4*) , and that's according to Rivals which these whiners love to use to try and claim our recruiting has sucked lately.
Yes, even with all of the late defections, we signed more 4* players last season than the previous 3.

But if you're going to spread doom and gloom I guess you have to ignore facts and spew BS that fits your narrative. But that's typical around here anyway. We could sign the #1 class in the country and there would still be people here bitching about the players we didn't sign or ones that didn't pick USC.

As you can see by my post count, I'm normally a lurker for info, but it is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS. It's like every 13 year old in Pickens got on Mom's laptop and came by to visit and didn't leave..

And with our own, At first it was Spurrier doesn't care about recruiting.. Of the de–commits last year, at one point, they believed what our guys were selling and actually committed.. Showing Coach cared enough to them in recruiting.. So, which is it? I was under the impression, he didn't care?? Afterward, they CHOSE to believe the negative stuff that other teams were saying about his age and lackadaisical attitude. Did Coach help his chances by saying 2-3 more years? Absolutely not. l get it. We all cringed when that was said, but bottom line is, he does care. And he f'n proved it the other day with his presses..

Now, it's he's desperate.. Lol. Whatever you all want to believe.. As long as I believe we just kicked your ass on the field, I could give a shit what our recruiting rankings were and/or what color our uni's are :)

I'll give you, recruiting isn't Spurrier's highest priority.. Winning is though.. I'll have the latter.. That is all..

We honestly didn't hire Spurrier to be a recruiter. He is one of the best game day coaches there is. We hired him to beat Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Florida, etc. And, you know what? He has..

It would be great to get top 5 classes year in and year out so we could claim the recruiting national championship like our little brother to the North (nothing else to claim), but SC isn't Florida. We have about 1/4 the population. Hell, Atlanta has as big a population as SC as a whole. As long as Coach keeps us in the top 20 recruiting, I like our chances. Especially, with him calling the ball plays..
I'll be really surprised if we have a top 20 recruiting class for 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT