ADVERTISEMENT

Stick a fork in the Carolina basketball program this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are what they thought we are. We lose out and we will finish right where predicted pre season

Reactions: cockofdawn
Holy negativity. We've lost to some good teams in this stretch. We must beat Tennessee, but if we do we ARE a tournament team according to every expert on the planet.

Holy negativity. We've lost to some good teams in this stretch. We must beat Tennessee, but if we do we ARE a tournament team according to every expert on the planet.
Not being "negative" but something REALLY turned around badly in the last few games - we were a good team & all of a sudden losing to whoever we play (home & on the road)! I'm afraid we're having internal problems - it happened so quickly! Where's Sindarius' suporting cast? Seems like they disappeared! Just my thoughts!

Reactions: cockofdawn
The negativity comes from the general feeling that we're not a very good team right now. Sure, if we win a couple more games, we may hold on to find a place in the field of 64. But the team sure isn't playing like one that's capable of winning a tournament game right now. So, like going to a bowl game after getting humiliated by our rival, our tournament participation is a reward for winning games that have since been far overshadowed by some terrible losses.

Yes, going to the tournament was the goal for this team. But we just wish the team would play out the end of the season like one that deserves such a reward.

Still a big question whether we will make the tournament. But even if we do...

Will we even have any gas in the tank to win a game?

We need 3 more wins...Get 2 of the last 3 and 1 or 2 in the tourney and we get in...I tried to tell all of y'all the resume was dynamic while this forum was lampooning me for being so disgusted with the Thornwell suspension...Our program is not yet strong enough to suspend our best player for 6 games and overcome it...If we do wind up in the NIT...I want you to recall the direct quote from CFM "it's nothing serious, he'll be back"!!
Sitting here sweating our annual late season "slip slide", it seems pretty dang serious to me

As for the Tennessee game...I hope our bull headed coach has the common sense to give those players a day of two off and a light week to allow their legs to recover...With fresh legs we will beat UT...If CFM over works them all week, they might punk out same as they did vs Bama and Arkansas

Reactions: rogue cock
As for the Tennessee game...I hope our bull headed coach has the common sense to give those players a day of two off and a light week to allow their legs to recover...With fresh legs we will beat UT...If CFM over works them all week, they might punk out same as they did vs Bama and Arkansas
And how will Dawn lose her next game genius?

If attention was the goal of the OP, he accomplished that.. even I clicked on to see this ridiculous post.
SC will be in the tourney and no they don't have to win all their remaining games

21 wins gets them in...but they will win more than 21

Agreed and i don't know why everybody will be heartbroken if we don't make the ncaa tourney because most likely we will be a one and done team. That is just the way i see it.

Don't leave your home, something bad might happen, don't drive a car, something bad might happen. Don't be positive, something bad might happen.

Reactions: GamecockElite
they are done..
This team would most likely have to lose all 3 remaining games to miss the tourney. Meanwhile, making the tourney would represent a much needed milestone for the program. So, let's chill out a bit.

Everyone is disappointed with the recent trend, but this very same team beat Florida (in Cola), who is currently on top in the SEC standings, they also beat Syracuse, Michigan, and Monmouth who are all expected to make the NCAA tourney, plus Tennessee who is on the bubble. Regardless of the last two weeks, that's still a solid tourney resume and it's not like USC's best players are injured or anything like that. Not only should they make the tourney, they just might win a game or two.

Regardless of the last two weeks, that's still a solid tourney resume and it's not like USC's best players are injured or anything like that. Not only should they make the tourney, they just might win a game or two.
Had a solid resume a year ago (25 wins - I don't care that we didn't play "quality" opponents) and didn't make the tourney. We just lost to 13-13 Vandy and it wasn't very close. We lost to a similarly bad Mizzou team last year at about the same time. Tennessee is 15-13 (I'm not sure they're on the bubble). Lose to them and we have to win out and win convincingly. I get that this year's bubble is not strong, but I guarantee you the tourney pickers are going to give a well-below-500 ACC team more benefit of the doubt that us.

It's Win 3 or the NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT