ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market

Industrials, small caps...sayin to get out of tech, but im keepin my amzn and aapl

The government spending is out of control. Unfortunately politicians only give reducing spending and the deficit lip service during the election periods and then completely ramp up spending after the election. Who can blame them though? Voters like to hear about fiscal responsibility, but then never hold any politician accountable while they're in office and can do something about it.

Agree. It's going to end badly - The only question now is when. Responsible P/E ratios were 10-12x. Now they are in the 100x+ in some cases. Telsa is one I believe.

Industrials, small caps...sayin to get out of tech, but im keepin my amzn and aapl
I've been buying as much small cap funds as I could the last two plus years with surprisingly good results considering the climate. Still buying because i believe their best days are ahead.

Extremely higher taxes, manufacturing going back overseas , high unemployment and massive gas price increases. Invest wisely.

Reactions: uscedge21
Wish I had pulled the trigger on PLUG!!!
Coworker picked up a nice bucket of shares at $9. Trust me, I wish I had pulled the trigger too. Now I get to hear about it every day. :confused:

I swing traded greenpower to some nice gains. Should've rode it a little longer.

Reactions: uscedge21
The market has been in a bull run since 2009. We are way, way overdue for a sustained bear market. I hope I'm smart enough to rotate out to safer harbors before that happens.
Call it froth, irrational exuberance or any number of other names but we are definitely due for a correction. After the excitement of the next round of stimulus dies down it could get ugly. There is always gold my friend...

So give us your home run choice now. I am being serious.

The interesting thing is I would still get in on Tesla now. Elon just officially became the richest guy on the planet and the stock seriously just keeps going up. The car is phenomenal but he has his hands in SpaceX and solar panels so the growth potential is still phenomenal.

I would look to get in on some cruise lines at some point, but I would wait and see who actually survives this. The demand to travel will be through the roof once the government okays it. There’s people that would get on a cruise ship tomorrow If they could. Not me, but a lot of people.

What are you buying right now?

Remember when the street said Tesla wasn’t going to make it. Investors 2 yrs back have seen it up like 7 to 1?
It’s a crap shoot always.

study things that will see great investment opps in entertainment, leisure, travel, etc........lotta pent-up hemones/shemoans.

The interesting thing is I would still get in on Tesla now. Elon just officially became the richest guy on the planet and the stock seriously just keeps going up. The car is phenomenal but he has his hands in SpaceX and solar panels so the growth potential is still phenomenal.

I would look to get in on some cruise lines at some point, but I would wait and see who actually survives this. The demand to travel will be through the roof once the government okays it. There’s people that would get on a cruise ship tomorrow If they could. Not me, but a lot of people.
Thanks.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

It's hard to argue with this and with the prospects of the green new deal Tesla is bound to grow even more. Elon stays ahead of the curve, that's for sure.

Split adjusted, TSLA closed at $72.24 on March 18, 2020.

TSLA is trading in the pre-market now at $829.50.

Elon Musk is the smartest guy in the room.

Good luck.

Also forgot to mention a large part of Elon’s wealth is through the stock options he has. He’s very motivated financially to keep that stock skyrocketing. More so than a typical CEO.

Nothing. It will crater next week.
It is amazing to me that people would ask for or give investment advice on college bulletin board. I’m a registered investment advisor. 34 years experience. With all the hand wringing that goes on over coaches and players you would think when it comes to real important stuff like your future, maybe you seek out a professional advice but then there is the blind squirrel rule. Lol Good luck though

So are you here to help or sell us overpriced advice which is statistically equivalent to everyone else?

It is amazing to me that people would ask for or give investment advice on college bulletin board. I’m a registered investment advisor. 34 years experience. With all the hand wringing that goes on over coaches and players you would think when it comes to real important stuff like your future, maybe you seek out a professional advice but then there is the blind squirrel rule. Lol Good luck though

Bought SWBI (Smith and Wesson) in the fall because of the election. Sold it Wednesday afternoon.
i bought some as well, I dont see it dropping, It will rise because the Liberal Left are trying to dissolve the NRA and other type organizations.. i also have some stock in "AMMO inc".. Take a look at that.. (POWW Nasdaq)

Look at the state of our football program. At least we have power over our financial futures. We are stuck with our football program and have little to no say so with it. No offense is meant to you or your profession. I have made some great investment moves and some piss poor investment moves. But it's solely to my credit and discredit. I'm fine with that. With the football program, I have no power over that. And I have to suffer with the embarrassment of being a Carolina football fan.

Themes for 2021

Green power (solar, wind, etc)
Electric cars (NIO, Tesla, Lordstown, Li and Xpev)
Bitcoin and blockchain
Leisure stocks (Cruises, airlines, etc)

There is an expectation that we will get Covid19 under control by summer with vaccines and the economy will open back up full speed. If that doesn't happen or if another shoe drops that would when the froth comes off.

We will all be driving electric cars in 10 years.

I bought Royal Caribbean and Carnival both a while back when they were fantastic buys. This virus scare will get corrected one way or another and people will be back on the water. The only caveat to that is the overall economy is going to take a big hit with the new administration after the stimulus fever wears off and the reality of an unfettered Democratic regime of higher taxes, more regulations, more spending, less energy independence, moving jobs overseas, et. al sets in.

I bought Royal Caribbean and Carnival both a while back when they were fantastic buys. This virus scare will get corrected one way or another and people will be back on the water. The only caveat to that is the overall economy is going to take a big hit with the new administration after the stimulus fever wears off and the reality of an unfettered Democratic regime of higher taxes, more regulations, more spending, less energy independence, moving jobs overseas, et. al sets in.

Maybe I think a lot of that gets exaggerated though. Bottom line is you got stock at a rock bottom price (clear we are thinking the same way here) and over time when it rebounds you will reap the benefit.

So far. There is a good possibility that will change after the 20th.
Stock market went up 182% under Obama-Biden, much higher than in the past 4 years. Does that mean good times are ahead for the stock market under Biden-Harris? NO. What it means is that I am not worried about the future. As Kevin Costner said in the movie, "The Art of Racing in the Rain": The best drivers don't worry about the past or the future. The best drivers focus only on the present. That's what I'm doing and investing accordingly.

ERX - it's an energy ETF 2X Bull

Oil, gas, and other consumable fuels. It's down right now because we have fuel surpluses. May have to be patient with it, but at some point the economy will be back and we're still driving gas vehicles at least over the next decade. EVs may be the future, but it will take many years for that infrastructure.

I 4xed my retirement last year in two months on Nio and PLTR alone. Wish I had listened to my brother and put it all in Mgni. I would have 10xed. I even had 10k shares of cciv at $15 and sold at $18 in an inherited ira. Coming down now but still kicking myself lol. I even debated pulling the trigger on Riot when it was $3 last fall. Oh well. Win some lose some

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT