ADVERTISEMENT

Stockton Just Decommitted - post on Twitter

LOL.

The day after hearing the news OC is more like it.

I think the other hires have promise but that OC guy smacked of a Beamer buddy being hired. He as much as said he was going to hire him if he could. OL, TE, whatev.

Not because he was one of the best OC candidates out there.

I’m sure Stockton was real impressed.

The good news Beamer and the other Satterfield guy get a chance to show how dynamic their offensive philosophy and abilities are this season. Stay in his ear and show him something.

After listening to him at the press conference yesterday, I felt there wasn't much info to get excited about in regards to what our offense might look like. That isn't good or bad. It just is what it is. From that one conference, there was no reason for any recruit to want to get on board. So, like you said, they will just have to show them. Keep in contact, build relationships, and show everyone the dynamic style you want to play. Because we all saw how dynamic Bobo's style is.

If he is loyal to bobo and not carolina them let him go. Good riddance.
You're a tater in saying that. Why would stockton stay committed to a team full of coaches he doesn't know? Give Beamer a chance to get it back, who knows what will happen.

Reactions: polo-loco
You're a tater in saying that. Why would stockton stay committed to a team full of coaches he doesn't know? Give Beamer a chance to get it back, who knows what will happen.
Exactly. Beamer will put the work in. If it doesn't work, recruit somebody else.

Reactions: 43cocks
Saban probably got in his ear.....He flipped Mac Jones from Kentucky as well as Damien Harris.....the rich get richer

See ya . Brandon Mcelwain the next savior of gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Jake Bentley next savior of Gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Ryan Hillinski next savior of Gamecock football .... oops maybe not . Luke Doty next savior of Gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Forgive me if I don’t lose sleep over a kid who hasn’t taken a college snap . Last time I checked two of the greatest QB’s in our history were 3 stars . If his loyalty is to a douchebag like Bobo they can have him .

Nope don’t panic over losing a 5 star quarterback. ..that’s what’s wrong with this program
He isn’t lost. He decommotted when his primary recruiter and the guy he seems to think he wants to play for left to go to Auburn. If you didn’t not think this was going to happen you were sadly mistaken.

Until he signs his LOI nothing has changed in terms of his impact on the program. He won’t be here for the 2021 season so for right not it is completely irrelevant. Plus even if he is a 5 star QB it doesn’t mean he’s going to be a game changer in college. Go back and look at the guys ranked in the top 5 at the position over the last 5 to 10 years and their success rate in college.

He may recommit at some point so again until he is on another college campus and in uniform it isn’t over.

I'm a tater lol I've been a gamecock my whole life screw Clemson, but if he don't want to be here then let him go. That's just my opinion.

It’s not really a loss. He never would have committed were it not for Bobo being here. I get that it feels like a loss, but I expressed skepticism at the outset when he committed given the extreme uncertainty of our staff. It was a super early commit and just seemed unlikely to stick.

I’m sure Beamer knew he’d lose Stockton by letting Bobo walk, so kudos to him for not getting spooked into making a bad decision to try keeping Bobo.

Reactions: lakemurraycock1
Not really a surprise! He'll be with Bobo at Auburn..if he doesn't leave for somewhere else before then.

Let's just see how well Bobo does at Aubie. They could end up winning 4 games next year. If that is the case, Bobo won't be there long.

He isn’t lost. He decommotted when his primary recruiter and the guy he seems to think he wants to play for left to go to Auburn. If you didn’t not think this was going to happen you were sadly mistaken.

Until he signs his LOI nothing has changed in terms of his impact on the program. He won’t be here for the 2021 season so for right not it is completely irrelevant. Plus even if he is a 5 star QB it doesn’t mean he’s going to be a game changer in college. Go back and look at the guys ranked in the top 5 at the position over the last 5 to 10 years and their success rate in college.

He may recommit at some point so again until he is on another college campus and in uniform it isn’t over.
This is misleading. He didn't de-commit when Bobo left...he de-committed within 48 hours of the next OC being hired. Let's call a spade a spade.
is there a chance we could get him back? MaybE. But, like BobbyB references....this is a bit much for a guy who hasn't taken a college snap. He isn't a concensus #1 overall in the country. I like him and want him to come to SC...and I know Jaybo coaches him - so maybe we have a slim chance. But, the OC is who he is. If the kid isn't excited about playing for him - I'm not surprised. It is literally what we have been on here arguing about for the last month. We're just seeing what some of us know to be true.

Now- i hope these transfers, re-treads and other vagabonds we get won't be too much of a personality or chemistry issue here. Hopefully they're not malcontents...because that's what our roster will have to be made up of, and who will have to play next season. Gonna be rough>

This is misleading. He didn't de-commit when Bobo left...he de-committed within 48 hours of the next OC being hired. Let's call a spade a spade.
is there a chance we could get him back? MaybE. But, like BobbyB references....this is a bit much for a guy who hasn't taken a college snap. He isn't a concensus #1 overall in the country. I like him and want him to come to SC...and I know Jaybo coaches him - so maybe we have a slim chance. But, the OC is who he is. If the kid isn't excited about playing for him - I'm not surprised. It is literally what we have been on here arguing about for the last month. We're just seeing what some of us know to be true.

Now- i hope these transfers, re-treads and other vagabonds we get won't be too much of a personality or chemistry issue here. Hopefully they're not malcontents...because that's what our roster will have to be made up of, and who will have to play next season. Gonna be rough>
So you think the decision is based on the OC coming in and not the one that left?

Reactions: WingchunCock
Let's just see how well Bobo does at Aubie. They could end up winning 4 games next year. If that is the case, Bobo won't be there long.
one thing is 100% certain... in the next 5-7 years they WILL NOT enjoy the same successes they have experienced the last 10-11 years. They will live with regret ....which I think should be worse than our never having had that level of sustained success for a decade under a brilliant offensive mind.

Reactions: Dizzy01
So you think the decision is based on the OC coming in and not the one that left?
I think the decision is more about our new OC, and less about Bobo. I don't care if he commits to AU in five minutes from now....if he is a legit top flight QB....he may want to consider some other alternatives beyond playing for Bobo. I'm sure this close family friend the Stocktons have google and youtube.

Of course...the way C. Hill was guaranteed/treated at SC in his tenure here...maybe G. Stockston is waiting on a QB/coach position at Auburn.

Also- let's see what big names come because of our new OC in the next 3 months.

I would have been shocked if he stayed committed no matter what happened. These big recruits are hanging on by the thinnest of threads to begin with. If the wind blows the wrong way, they'll have second thoughts. This is especially true of guys that commit early.

He was part of Coach Boom and Coach Bobo’s plan to build us into a powerhouse. Now, we start over, but Beamer ball is going to be great. It might not happen day 1, but Alabama will soon wish they were us.
QuickSevereCat-size_restricted.gif

Really can't blame him at this point. Totally unknown staff with an OC that let's face it didn't set the world on fire at his previous stops. He should evaluate at this point.

You have it right. Don’t blame the kid. Mostly unknown staff. OC was a position coach at the Panthers. HC was a TEs coach. AD was a baseball coach. Not a good situation.

BTW Bobo should have never been hired. It’s been misery for Gamecock nation. Ray??

You have it right. Don’t blame the kid. Mostly unknown staff. OC was a position coach at the Panthers. HC was a TEs coach. AD was a baseball coach. Not a good situation.

BTW Bobo should have never been hired. It’s been misery for Gamecock nation. Ray??
right....kinda what I was getting at earlier.
If a big name comes as HC or OC.....this silly talk that he will follow Bobo wherever he goes.....it goes away. Kids and parents want what's best for their kid. If Saban is serious about that offer and wants HIM to be the #1 going forward and believes in him, etc, etc.....anybody think he's staying with Bobo?

Reactions: SOSUSC
I have never met Bobo, but he must have made quite an impression on Hill and Stockton for them to will follow him wherever he goes. Hiring Bobo reminds me of schools hiring a prospect's family member to earn a recruit's commitment. Most expected Stockton to follow Bobo, but I hoped the new staff could keep Stockton.

The first mistake many of us made with that commitment is that the word "commitment" hardly applies to College football these days.

I don't put any emotional stock into verbal commitments anymore. I wait until we get their name on the proverbial dotted line.

right....kinda what I was getting at earlier.
If a big name comes as HC or OC.....this silly talk that he will follow Bobo wherever he goes.....it goes away. Kids and parents want what's best for their kid. If Saban is serious about that offer and wants HIM to be the #1 going forward and believes in him, etc, etc.....anybody think he's staying with Bobo?
So he commits to us over UGA, a top 5 program in the country, but he won’t choose Auburn over Alabama?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT