ADVERTISEMENT

Stockton Just Decommitted - post on Twitter

This is misleading. He didn't de-commit when Bobo left...he de-committed within 48 hours of the next OC being hired. Let's call a spade a spade.
is there a chance we could get him back? MaybE. But, like BobbyB references....this is a bit much for a guy who hasn't taken a college snap. He isn't a concensus #1 overall in the country. I like him and want him to come to SC...and I know Jaybo coaches him - so maybe we have a slim chance. But, the OC is who he is. If the kid isn't excited about playing for him - I'm not surprised. It is literally what we have been on here arguing about for the last month. We're just seeing what some of us know to be true.

Now- i hope these transfers, re-treads and other vagabonds we get won't be too much of a personality or chemistry issue here. Hopefully they're not malcontents...because that's what our roster will have to be made up of, and who will have to play next season. Gonna be rough>

Agree brotha . One thing I’ve noticed in the last few years is elite playmakers make good QB’s great . Any Elite QB is just Avg with below Avg playmakers . Mac Jones and Tua were good QB’s . Throwing to Devonta , Juedy , Ruggs , Waddle turns Avg QB’s into stars . Joe Burrow is a damn good QB but throwing to Justin Jefferson , Terrance Marshall and Jamarr Chase makes him a Heisman QB . Not taking away anything from those guys but a WR that can take a 10 yard slant or bubble screen 70 yards helps . Imagine having an entire roster of those guys . If we focus on finding playmakers first then things will fall into place . A 5 star QB with 1 star WR’s just doesn’t get it done .

QuickSevereCat-size_restricted.gif

Dayum

This is misleading. He didn't de-commit when Bobo left...he de-committed within 48 hours of the next OC being hired. Let's call a spade a spade.
is there a chance we could get him back? MaybE. But, like BobbyB references....this is a bit much for a guy who hasn't taken a college snap. He isn't a concensus #1 overall in the country. I like him and want him to come to SC...and I know Jaybo coaches him - so maybe we have a slim chance. But, the OC is who he is. If the kid isn't excited about playing for him - I'm not surprised. It is literally what we have been on here arguing about for the last month. We're just seeing what some of us know to be true.

Now- i hope these transfers, re-treads and other vagabonds we get won't be too much of a personality or chemistry issue here. Hopefully they're not malcontents...because that's what our roster will have to be made up of, and who will have to play next season. Gonna be rough>
There was about 24 hours separating the two events, most likely the combination of those two events led to the decommit.

Anybody freaking out about a high school kid needs to reevaluate their priorities.
I’m sure coolcock meant that metaphorically. Fact is anyone who is consistently on this site is either celebrating or melting down over something

I laughed when I saw the news headline. Where are all the folks who said the Connor Shaw's connect was strong?

In the end you can't blame the kid - too many changes

Reactions: 99Malik
Please, can we just let the man decide what is best for him without harsh criticism - of anybody. We can't make coaching hire decisions based on one player, but one player can make a college decision based on the coach. That's just the way it works.

After he looks around he may still come back to SC. No one knows. Let's just let the staff do its job and move ahead. We have Luke Doty, Joyner and a 4 star freshman coming in. There will be other QBs to play for SC.

Yea I saw this news on Facebook. There are actual Carolina fans responding to it by begging Hillinski to come back! Wtf?!?! Lol

There was about 24 hours separating the two events, most likely the combination of those two events led to the decommit.

Keep at it Wingchun, keep at it. I don't think there is a better Beamer advocate than you. Shane??

Well, it can't be unexpected. Doesn't soften the blow.

I'd just have to ask: what are the odds that Bobo is still on Auburn's staff in 2024, which would be Stockton's 3rd year? Probably pretty slim.
I think Bobo will be gone much sooner. What a douchebag retread!

He ain’t hating, truth telling. If the Beam was such a great recruiter he doesn’t loose our best recruit. Stockton is actually a power 5 QB, not a Delaware transfer
Good at name calling too. I don't hate anyone. Just want to see Beamer perform before giving him all the accolades that you do.
So I post a plausible scenario for what happened and this is the response? Talk about blinders.

Yeah, he's a dirt bag. Coaching is a dog eat dog profession, but you can still be honorable in how you carry out your business.
Remind me what he did wrong? Taking an $800k raise? The idiot. Recruiting one of the best players in the country? The nerve of that guy.

Given Bobo’s track record, I would not be surprised if UGA ends up being the leader for Stockton.

You can't lose what you never had.

Let's be honest, we all knew the main reason Gunner committed here was because of Bobo. None of us really knew if he was the ONLY reason or how much of it was Shaw and how much of it was Bobo, etc. Now we know for sure.

But, let's be honest again, how many of you REALLY thought his commitment would stick through signing day? I was excited he committed and hopeful that it would stick, but I was never very optimistic about it simply given the extreme uncertainty of Bobo's status on the staff.

The first mistake many of us made with that commitment is that the word "commitment" hardly applies to College football these days.

Which, IMHO, BEGS the question as to whether we will ever properly adjust as far as matching our competitors.

There are ways, means and methods to successfully accomplish such. The question(s), again, are as to whether or not this organization will ever play to the same modus operandi as our adversarial antagonist(s) both within The SEC and CERTAINLY within this state!!

JMHOFWIW. Guess we'll see what we'll see as such proceeds.

Last edited:
Given Bobo’s track record, I would not be surprised if UGA ends up being the leader for Stockton.
ZACKLY!!! And ESPECIALLY in regards to the two-faced, self-centered and totally dishonest and dawg-sh_t odoristic bastard of a previously failed mime type college football head coach and, top of that, a DAMNED uga-LY grad named Bobo!!!

A mime is working at a zoo...

One day, the head zookeeper pulls him aside to chat. He says, "Bobo, our silverback gorilla, the star attraction here at the zoo, has died. We don't want to lose the revenue, so we want to hire you to dress up in a gorilla suit and pretend to be Bobo. We'll pay you triple what you're making now."

The mime agrees and starts the next day. At first it's fine, and he enjoys being Bobo. But after a couple weeks of doing the same thing every day he's a bit bored. So he decides to give the audience a real show. He climbs to the very top of his enclosure and swings around, pounding his chest, and the crowd is loving it. Just then, he slips and topples over the fence into the next enclosure, which is the lion's pen.

The lion starts to go after him, and at first the mime keeps up the shtick, running away like a gorilla. But as the lion gets closer he gives up and just runs as fast as he can. Finally the lion leaps on him and pins him down. Now he gives up on the whole bit and starts yelling, "Help! Help! I'm a person in here! Call the zookeepers! HELP!!!!"

And the lion goes, "Dude, you're gonna get us fired."

I'm finished now. All you respectful UGA grads/fans that happen to read this, do forgive me for any insults please!! I assure you it's just the asshole Bobo that ignites such on a net board such as this!!

Peace,

Gaim

Reactions: WingchunCock
You would have to be an idiot to believe a player commits blindly to a school. Of course fans are loyal to their program but players want to go where they have relationships, opportunity and know they can develop. I would be highly skeptical of a player that commits to a school and maintains that commitment once ther is a wholesale change of staff. I would think those players are just thankful for a shot and feel they wouldn’t get a shot anywhere else.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well, I think most of us are over this decommitment by now. BOOM! would have wasted his talent. There's no guarantee Bobo would stay with us another year had he not left. So here we are.

See ya . Brandon Mcelwain the next savior of gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Jake Bentley next savior of Gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Ryan Hillinski next savior of Gamecock football .... oops maybe not . Luke Doty next savior of Gamecock football ... oops maybe not . Forgive me if I don’t lose sleep over a kid who hasn’t taken a college snap . Last time I checked two of the greatest QB’s in our history were 3 stars . If his loyalty is to a douchebag like Bobo they can have him .
You forgot about Garcia, Nunez, Connor Mitch. Garcia made an impact but so far less than he had potential for.

You forgot about Garcia, Nunez, Connor Mitch. Garcia made an impact but so far less than he had potential for.

100% agree . In my lifetime the best QB’s I’ve seen at USC were Shaw , Dylan T and Phil Petty . None of those guys made a blip on the recruiting radar . A think Mcelwain , Bentley and Hillinki failure are definitely more on the coaching staffs but still it is what it is . I’m done getting all riled up for the next “Best QB prospect in USC history” spill . Show me on the field

Reactions: WingchunCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT