ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops Contract....7 years, average 7 Million.

Yep, got 2 bottles of it at home. It's good stuff!

Now why do I feel some Delbert coming’ on,

$400k gross revenue nets him somewhere between $20-40K? I hope he doesn't flood a house or some big mold claim.

$400k gross revenue nets him somewhere between $20-40K? I hope he doesn't flood a house or some big mold claim.
I can promise you he is bringing home more than that.

There is just no way you afford what he does on that. Not even if you are going in debt.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I can promise you he is bringing home more than that.

There is just no way you afford what he does on that. Not even if you are going in debt.
He may be pulling a salary out of that $400k but he's not putting much back in to the business. Good for him getting one going though. He'll grow it.

Probably because you don't have much interaction with them.

The BLS publishes all this data. To make 6 figures, they're working a significant amount of overtime and spending a significant amount of time away from home.

These jobs are easy to say they're great. But all the data shows why they have trouble filling them.
Spoken like a man who has never done a hard day's labor in his life. It won't kill you, you know to go do some hard work. I do just fine, worked my way up through the ranks and I'm livin' the dream. I didn't "destroy my body" doing a bit of hard labor for 12 years before I got to opt out of it (hint, I still do the hard labor even when it's not required because I enjoy it). The jobs are hard to fill because no one wants to do any work now a days and tech schools were ALWAYS stigmatized when I was coming up through school. "You don't want to do that, that's for the guys who aren't smart enough for college." Why do you need college? The truth is most people won't use any degree above an associates, and even that won't get a you a job to pay for the school. If more people realized their actual positions in life instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, they wouldn't be $50K or more in debt for a degree they didn't even want to begin with. Not everyone needs to go to college and most people don't. Electricians, plumbers, welders, carpenters, they all work hard but not many "destroy their bodies."

Spoken like a man who has never done a hard day's labor in his life. It won't kill you, you know to go do some hard work. I do just fine, worked my way up through the ranks and I'm livin' the dream. I didn't "destroy my body" doing a bit of hard labor for 12 years before I got to opt out of it (hint, I still do the hard labor even when it's not required because I enjoy it). The jobs are hard to fill because no one wants to do any work now a days and tech schools were ALWAYS stigmatized when I was coming up through school. "You don't want to do that, that's for the guys who aren't smart enough for college." Why do you need college? The truth is most people won't use any degree above an associates, and even that won't get a you a job to pay for the school. If more people realized their actual positions in life instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, they wouldn't be $50K or more in debt for a degree they didn't even want to begin with. Not everyone needs to go to college and most people don't. Electricians, plumbers, welders, carpenters, they all work hard but not many "destroy their bodies."
This guy gets it.

Reactions: chief2791
I have been on both sides of this argument. I went to tech and learned a trade. I made very good money but worked very hard for it. About 7 years ago I decided to complete my education to get a "better" job. I make a little less money now, but I am way happier. I think he has a point.

I have been on both sides of this argument. I went to tech and learned a trade. I made very good money but worked very hard for it. About 7 years ago I decided to complete my education to get a "better" job. I make a little less money now, but I am way happier. I think he has a point.
For some people he does. I worked both sides of it too. They put me in an office as a reward for all my work, where I was just a supervisor. And it was really nice for a while. But I was dying inside after a bit. That's why I'm back in the field doing work. There's days when I don't like it, but more often than not, I feel good at the end of the day, not like I sat around letting others work for me. Sure, some people aren't cut out for hard work, but others definitely are. I used to think I'd love an office job, until I started working with my hands and found a satisfaction in doing that I can't really explain. Everyday is a different challenge, everyday is a new game. In an office, I felt my soul just being sucked out of me. Perhaps other people se it differently, but I didn't find my office jobs as intellectually stimulating. Or physically rewarding either. So some people will do better with a tool in their hands, others with a pen. The problem is a lot of younger ones don't even want to try picking up a tool.

That's a great post Paladin, totally agree!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret, I'm a HS dropout. I've never been to school beyond the age of 16, not ashamed of it. I've worked hard. Early years, I was a masonry helper, and learned how to actually do it over a couple years time. Don't want to do it again (don't see any reason that I'll have to), but if I have to, I can and I will. My father started a manufacturing business (he's only a HS graduate). This is my 30th year in that field, and dad has been comfortably retired for more than 10 years. I've done every job in the plant at one time or another, and still can and will if I have to. I still work hard, but it's more mentally draining now than anything else. I guarantee that I will smoke any young whippersnapper college grad that I compete against, whip them until they want to quit and do something else. If I want a job/project, I'll get it over them. Why? I have experience, I know how to build and sustain business relationships, and most importantly, I do what I say that I'll do when I say that I'll do it. My mentality is that I wake up every morning backed in a corner, and I'll fight my way out of it. It's what I've done for many years and will continue to do until I decide I don't want to any more, which will probably be never because I actually enjoy "competing and defeating". My wife and I have a great life, don't want for anything essential, all of our bills are all paid. I'm sitting in my office working right now in shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes. Wife is at home (may still be sleeping, don't know, don't care), she doesn't have to work because I do. Hard labor, job nobody else wants to do? Ha! Couldn't be further from the truth, I LOVE my job and my life, and am thankful for it!

Lack of a college degree (or even HS) is absolutely not a life sentence of poverty and hard labor. Find something that you love doing, commit to being the absolute best at it, keep your word (most important thing), and you'll profit. Where people fail (educated or uneducated) is not doing one or more of those things.

Reactions: rogue cock
That's a great post Paladin, totally agree!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret, I'm a HS dropout. I've never been to school beyond the age of 16, not ashamed of it. I've worked hard. Early years, I was a masonry helper, and learned how to actually do it over a couple years time. Don't want to do it again (don't see any reason that I'll have to), but if I have to, I can and I will. My father started a manufacturing business (he's only a HS graduate). This is my 30th year in that field, and dad has been comfortably retired for more than 10 years. I've done every job in the plant at one time or another, and still can and will if I have to. I still work hard, but it's more mentally draining now than anything else. I guarantee that I will smoke any young whippersnapper college grad that I compete against, whip them until they want to quit and do something else. If I want a job/project, I'll get it over them. Why? I have experience, I know how to build and sustain business relationships, and most importantly, I do what I say that I'll do when I say that I'll do it. My mentality is that I wake up every morning backed in a corner, and I'll fight my way out of it. It's what I've done for many years and will continue to do until I decide I don't want to any more, which will probably be never because I actually enjoy "competing and defeating". My wife and I have a great life, don't want for anything essential, all of our bills are all paid. I'm sitting in my office working right now in shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes. Wife is at home (may still be sleeping, don't know, don't care), she doesn't have to work because I do. Hard labor, job nobody else wants to do? Ha! Couldn't be further from the truth, I LOVE my job and my life, and am thankful for it!

Lack of a college degree (or even HS) is absolutely not a life sentence of poverty and hard labor. Find something that you love doing, commit to being the absolute best at it, keep your word (most important thing), and you'll profit. Where people fail (educated or uneducated) is not doing one or more of those things.

Do you not see the problem with telling me I'm wrong while you're working in an office compared to a trade?

Do you not see the problem with telling me I'm wrong while you're working in an office compared to a trade?
I do believe his work in the trade industry got him that desk job. No one said you can’t move up the ladder in a trade job because you most defiantly can. Just admit you are wrong and move on.

Last edited:
What I didn't include is that I still do at times. I carry work clothes in my vehicle every single day. If I've promised something will be done, an employee or two lays out, guess who goes on the floor and fills in? How many "office guys" are going to do that? A VAST majority of them are going to call their customers with the old (and very tired/lazy) line "due to circumstances out of our control", your product isn't going to be ready as promised. BS, it's not out of your control, you just don't want to do it. I'm much different than alot of people. I eat those kind of guys for lunch. My reputation is on the line, it's not something I take lightly. I can do manual labor if I have to, and can do it well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT