ADVERTISEMENT

Stupidest thing you ever did as a kid or teen and live to tell the story

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
I’ve done a few ... y’all remember old horse pasture road near lake jocassee . Anybody born in the upstate has probably went 4 wheeling up there and jump off the rocks into the lake . There’s a ledge about 20 feet above the water and there’s another ledge about 30 feet higher up . Well me and my buddy were trying to impress a girl and went up to the top ledge and he wisely chickened out . I knew if I actually walked to the edge and looked I would too . So being the idiot I was i shotgunned a natty light got a running start and jumped . First thought in my head when I went over was “S$&t my momma and daddy are gonna be embarrassed at my funeral”. Welp I had flip flops on and when I hit the water the soles ripped . Heard a rumor that it’s about 30 feet deep under that ledge and my feet hit bottom . Worse part is I lost my shoes , broke my ankle and my buddy still got the girl . I’m sure y’all done way worse

I was a big superman fan when the movie came out. i was born in 71. i wanted to fly really bad. So i ran around with a towel pined to my shirt jumping around hoping i could fly.. That didn't pan out so i climbed up to the roof of the house planning to jump off but my mom came out in time to talk me out of it..lol

I was a big superman fan when the movie came out. i was born in 71. i wanted to fly really bad. So i ran around with a towel pined to my shirt jumping around hoping i could fly.. That didn't pan out so i climbed up to the roof of the house planning to jump off but my mom came out in time to talk me out of it..lol

Yeah my cousin did the same thing and jump off my grandpa’s barn . Luckily he only broke his arm I think . Live and you learn I guess

BB gun wars. It’s a wonder we didn’t shoot someone eyes out. Had a couple break the skin. You would have thought that would have done it but nope.

Haha . Yeah we had two rules .. only 2 pumps and no shots above the neck (can’t wait for the comments after that one) . Yeah we had some pretty insane BB gun turf wars . One street divided school districts so we had some pretty nasty “Border disputes”. Pretty sure my little brother got taken hostage and ransomed one time . Think they stuffed him down in the cellar

I outran the highway patrol in my 69 Barracuda. Easily topped 150 mph. Same car, different night I outran a guy in a Mustang on a road where we had to stop fairly quickly after we finished the quarter mile..My problem was I had a bad master cylinder and only my rear brakes were working. Ahh, the good old days.

I outran the highway patrol in my 69 Barracuda. Easily topped 150 mph. Same car, different night I outran a guy in a Mustang on a road where we had to stop fairly quickly after we finished the quarter mile..My problem was I had a bad master cylinder and only my rear brakes were working. Ahh, the good old days.

Lol we used to street race at night down old Hwy 11 all the time . Had some pretty scary moments myself

Land skiing in Sumter. A rope tied to a vehicle, looped through a hole in one end of a 2x3 piece of plywood, then up to the hands with a loop handle. The front of the plywood would come off the ground when you leaned back. We got going good. Stopping was the issue.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I’ve done a few ... y’all remember old horse pasture road near lake jocassee . Anybody born in the upstate has probably went 4 wheeling up there and jump off the rocks into the lake . There’s a ledge about 20 feet above the water and there’s another ledge about 30 feet higher up . Well me and my buddy were trying to impress a girl and went up to the top ledge and he wisely chickened out . I knew if I actually walked to the edge and looked I would too . So being the idiot I was i shotgunned a natty light got a running start and jumped . First thought in my head when I went over was “S$&t my momma and daddy are gonna be embarrassed at my funeral”. Welp I had flip flops on and when I hit the water the soles ripped . Heard a rumor that it’s about 30 feet deep under that ledge and my feet hit bottom . Worse part is I lost my shoes , broke my ankle and my buddy still got the girl . I’m sure y’all done way worse

I was 24, not a teen. I worked at a car dealership when I was younger. We had a Dodge Viper on the showroom floor. One day when the owner was not around, we got it out and took turns driving it. One set of guys came back and said they had gotten up to 137. Then the next set of guys said they got up to 145. There was this two lane road where people used to drag race because it had a long strait away. I got up to 80 mph in fourth gear before I hit the strait away, then hit fifth gear at 120. I never hit 6th gear but I held on until I hit 152. I got back to the dealership and found out the other guys had been lying to mess with me, and nobody had gotten over 120.

This kid and I decided to walk across the railroad bridge over the Savannah River, in spite of all the warning signs. Well about half way across the train came...

Buddy, that's bad! I have learned the hard way to never try to impress a girl. Just be yourself and if that does workout then she's not worth the trouble. I have tried to do foolish things to try and impress a girl and it never worked for me. Girls either like you are they don't.

Ran from a highway patrolman in a lowered 4 cyl truck. And I got away. I got around the first curve and drove the rest of the way home with my lights off because the moon was bright. I parked behind my house and the cop came by with his spotlight but he couldn't see my truck. I was off work and didn't go anywhere for a couple days. The next time I drove into work a sheriff's deputy saw me at a stop sign and slowed down and eyeballed me all the way by. But he didn't stop me and I never heard anything else about it.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I nearly drowned diving into water that was not as deep as I thought in Lake Wateree. I remember coming up and not being fully conscious. My dad hauled me out and I appeared to be OK. They took me to the ER to be checked out anyway and I was fine, but with a sore neck. My chin had bruised my sternum.

I nearly drowned diving into water that was not as deep as I thought in Lake Wateree. I remember coming up and not being fully conscious. My dad hauled me out and I appeared to be OK. They took me to the ER to be checked out anyway and I was fine, but with a sore neck. My chin had bruised my sternum.
Had a classmate do the same thing at Lake Wateree, only he became paralyzed for life.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Well, obviously you lived to tell about the adventure.
Never ran so fast in my life. There was a two foot gap between each tie, 100’ down to the river. When we got off the bridge we could not run any more. The old engineer stoped the train and chewed our young a$$’s out.

On the first night I went out with my new girlfriend (we had dated the year before), the girl I had been dating calls and asks me over late. Maybe they have a sixth sense and she knew I was with someone new? Anyways; I cut the lights and roll into her driveway after midnight. She lets me in and we go to her room. Of course her parents were there sleeping. After some time in her room the door creaks open. I keep my head down, knowing I’d just been busted in her bed.
The cat jumps up there and I take that as a sign. I snuck out and never went back.

Crazy stories above. Did anybody have rock fights? Basically 5 kids vs 5 kids, just pelting each other with rocks in the woods? I did. It hurt. I don’t have any speed stories until I got older.

Does unprotected sex with IV drug using prostitutes count?

Charles Krauthammer did far less than that, dove into a swimming pool, and spent the rest of his life in a wheel chair. I think you came very close to that ...

Reactions: TheReelEss
What happened to those old Roadrunners? They were popular when I got out of college and I always wanted one but never bought one.
I don't know what my brother went in debt for this car,but thanks to mom and dad he was able to get the car. My brother and I worked in a cotton mill after school from 4-12pm to make extra money,then we had to get up and go to school the next morning and it was tough. He later went into the Navy and traded the Roadrunner for a 1973 VW Super Beetle. End of story!

Tried to encourage my dad to vote for Jesse Jackson in 1984.
I got on my knees in my mother's kitchen in 1976 and begged my parents...lifelong Democrats...to vote for Gerald Ford. The scales had fallen from my eyes as I was then living in Europe and talked to a lot of people who had tons more experience in politics than I had in my life. I finally saw the horrors of liberalism as I was living in it in Belgium at that time.

No dice...they voted for Jimmah.

Rented a BMWmBMW at age 18 on Harden street. Never ridden a motorcycle in my life. Practiced for a couple of hours and took it down Bluff road at over 100 mph. No helmet and no idea of mechanical fitness of the machine. Helmets we no an item.

Does anyone remembers the old black tressels that ran across Olympia Avenue or are all of you too young? Me and a few others would fill a couple of balloons with paint and when the cars went under slowly because of a sharp turn, we dropped the balloon on the roof. Problem was one night I was laying on the track on my stomach when the tressel began to vibrate. I looked up and saw a train bearing down on me. That was the fastest I have ever run in my life. I bearly made it to the embankment and jumped off. Nearly got killed that night.

Ran from a highway patrolman in a lowered 4 cyl truck. And I got away. I got around the first curve and drove the rest of the way home with my lights off because the moon was bright. I parked behind my house and the cop came by with his spotlight but he couldn't see my truck. I was off work and didn't go anywhere for a couple days. The next time I drove into work a sheriff's deputy saw me at a stop sign and slowed down and eyeballed me all the way by. But he didn't stop me and I never heard anything else about it.

Wow !!! Similar story , me and my buddy tried to run from a cop and pulled off in a cornfield about 200 yards . We killed the lights and ducked down and the police car slowly pulled over and walked out in the field with a flashlight and knocked on the window . Well.. my buddy was so nervous he killed the lights but forgot to take his foot off the brake pedal . Cop was laughing so hard he just gave us a speeding ticket and cut us loose .

Lol totally off topic but if you can find these lures in SC grab some . It’s a saltwater inshore bait designed for trout and Reds but I’ve been catching some monster bass on them . Get the 4.5 inch ones preferably white with the Chartreuse tail . Take the treble hook off and replace it with a 2/0 Owner In-Line hook on top so you can fish it shallow . Vudu Mullet by Egret baits . Probably get them on EBay if no store in SC has them .

Reactions: Judson1
The bike ramps we had during the Evel Knievel days were stupid. Can't believe none of us broke our neck.

I don't know what my brother went in debt for this car,but thanks to mom and dad he was able to get the car. My brother and I worked in a cotton mill after school from 4-12pm to make extra money,then we had to get up and go to school the next morning and it was tough. He later went into the Navy and traded the Roadrunner for a 1973 VW Super Beetle. End of story!
That must his stupidest thing ever done?

Wow !!! Similar story , me and my buddy tried to run from a cop and pulled off in a cornfield about 200 yards . We killed the lights and ducked down and the police car slowly pulled over and walked out in the field with a flashlight and knocked on the window . Well.. my buddy was so nervous he killed the lights but forgot to take his foot off the brake pedal . Cop was laughing so hard he just gave us a speeding ticket and cut us loose .
LOL. I know someone who did the same with the brake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT