ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sunday recruiting scoop...

W

Wes Mitchell

Despite South Carolina’s loss to Alabama Saturday, the Gamecocks hosted a large number of top recruiting targets on successful visits in front of an impressive Williams-Brice Stadium atmosphere.

** The first major newsworthy information we’ve gathered has led me to make a Forecast prediction for the Gamecocks with four-star WR Rico Powers. Powers visit this weekend went as well as it possibly could have and I have confirmed that he’s a definite take for South Carolina. The word I’m hearing is that Powers wants to be finished with the process sooner rather than later...

** We mentioned on Saturday that ATH Jaheim Bell made it to the game. On Sunday, I’ve confirmed that both Bell and BUCK prospect Reggie Grimes made it in and that both visits went well. I continue to feel good about where Carolina stands with both prospects based on feedback from those visits.

** I’m not quite ready to put in a Forecast for three-star LB Len’neth Whitehead, but he did make it into the game and I’m told provided positive feedback that South Carolina is in heavy consideration.

** South Carolina QB commit Luke Doty was among a large number of commitments who were on hand and Doty not only spent a lot of time with the fellow committed guys but worked his way around to work the uncommitted prospects. Importantly, running back commit MarShawn Lloyd was in town for the game and we are working on getting feedback from him.

** As we posted Sunday, five-star defensive end Jordan Burch was in town for the game and was spotted chatting with head coach Will Muschamp prior to kickoff. There’s not much more feedback than that on Burch at this time, but we’ll continue to check.

wkefgablksq0nntxu8gl

Chris and I will update this thread with more as we get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News