ADVERTISEMENT

Taij Boyd was the face of Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
according to Dabo Swinney when Boyd played QB .Boyd was supposed to be Heisman material, amazed Tater fans as he zipped the ball 50 yards to fleet recievers for TD'S vs Syracuse and Wake Forrest. Put up incredible numbers each season yet failed to ever win against his arch rival and paled just about every time he was up against strong completion , accused of playing with fear in his eyes by JD Clowney.Was not even drafted by any NFL team and after getting a couple tryouts, bombed out.
Too much propaganda about the kid from Pickens County.
Now we nave the second coming of Boyd in a kid named Watson who is being ramped up more than Boyd. Watson showed spurts of greatness last year but like Boyd, it came against very poor defensive teams, has yet defeated a solid opponent. Watson has also already beaten his arch rival but it was playing with Swinney's best team against Steve Spurrier's worst. Poorest defense in Carolina's 121 year football history. Think about it.
This year Clemson plays a schedule with several teams capable of knocking them off. The Spurrier team Watson will face in Columbia will in no way resemble the fiasco last year that was South Carolina's defense. No, I am not ready to buy into all of Dabo's hype about the kid . Wait until the season is over before everyone anoints him the next Johnny Football in America.

according to Dabo Swinney when Boyd played QB .Boyd was supposed to be Heisman material, amazed Tater fans as he zipped the ball 50 yards to fleet recievers for TD'S vs Syracuse and Wake Forrest. Put up incredible numbers each season yet failed to ever win against his arch rival and paled just about every time he was up against strong completion , accused of playing with fear in his eyes by JD Clowney.Was not even drafted by any NFL team and after getting a couple tryouts, bombed out.
Too much propaganda about the kid from Pickens County.
Now we nave the second coming of Boyd in a kid named Watson who is being ramped up more than Boyd. Watson showed spurts of greatness last year but like Boyd, it came against very poor defensive teams, has yet defeated a solid opponent. Watson has also already beaten his arch rival but it was playing with Swinney's best team against Steve Spurrier's worst. Poorest defense in Carolina's 121 year football history. Think about it.
This year Clemson plays a schedule with several teams capable of knocking them off. The Spurrier team Watson will face in Columbia will in no way resemble the fiasco last year that was South Carolina's defense. No, I am not ready to buy into all of Dabo's hype about the kid . Wait until the season is over before everyone anoints him the next Johnny Football in America.

Put up incredible numbers each season yet failed to ever win against his arch rival and paled just about every time he was up against strong completion.

Really manafold? he only beat #11 VT on the road, #5 VT to win an acc championship, #8 LSU, #5 Georgia, and #7 Ohio st. Those are just the big ones. He beat more ranked teams than that. The only games he crapped the bed in were against yall 3 times and 2013 fsu. What a shocker, pure bs out of manafold.

Not even drafted???? Wrong again. 6th rd to the jets.

Your saying last year was spurriers worst?? How many times has he only won 7 games at SC? Like 5 times or so? Spurrier has had 3 good years out of 10 their. Remember before 2011 yall had never won 10 games except for in 1984.

Put up incredible numbers each season yet failed to ever win against his arch rival and paled just about every time he was up against strong completion.

Really manafold? he only beat #11 VT on the road, #5 VT to win an acc championship, #8 LSU, #5 Georgia, and #7 Ohio st. Those are just the big ones. He beat more ranked teams than that. The only games he crapped the bed in were against yall 3 times and 2013 fsu. What a shocker, pure bs out of manafold.

Not even drafted???? Wrong again. 6th rd to the jets.

Your saying last year was spurriers worst?? How many times has he only won 7 games at SC? Like 5 times or so? Spurrier has had 3 good years out of 10 their. Remember before 2011 yall had never won 10 games except for in 1984.

"Not even drafted???? Wrong again. 6th rd to the jets".

Well, I suppose you 'could' call that being 'drafted' ... albeit the NY Jets had four (4) picks in the 6th round and used their LAST one to 'select' Tajh (they still needed a LB and took one with their final (single) 7th round pick)

... the REALITY of the 'deal' was ...

Jet's Coach Rex Ryan 'bartered' a draft-pick with Dabo (no lower than 6th round - the 'round' of Tom Brady - so they could 'spin' that comparison) in exchange for Dabo taking Ryan's son, Seth on the Clemson football team. That gave Dabo what he needed to 'convince' Tajh to stay another year when he should have left after the game he had against Ohio State.

Instead of 'waiting' on a 'guaranteed' no worse that 6th-round Jets deal Tajh would have done better on his own leaving earlier.

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

I believe you are referring to leaving early after the LSU game after his junior year.

So, Ryan guaranteed he would draft Tajh in exchange for his son being allowed to walk on to the Clemson team so that gave Dabo what he needed in order to talk Tajh into staying? Right.

Tajh did hurt his draft status by coming back, no doubt about that. The rest of what you posted was pure moronic drivel.

Reactions: mplang
You tater dreamers are still touchy about Boyd. Ok, he was indeed a very late round pick in the NFL draft. You get excited anytime an ACC team beats an SEC team, especially if Clemson beats an SEC team, small guy complex coming out again. Maybe we don't see it quite that way since we play SEC teams just about every week during football season. After we beat UNC to open the season, you want see us bragging about it for years to come.My point is, like all of Dabo's QB'S , they are all proclaimed to be the best there ever was and so far, none have proven to be. Watson may prove to be but until he makes it through a season with the incredible numbers Tater Nation expects , like a lot of others, a kid with a lot of potential with the jury very much out.

I believe you are referring to leaving early after the LSU game after his junior year.

So, Ryan guaranteed he would draft Tajh in exchange for his son being allowed to walk on to the Clemson team so that gave Dabo what he needed in order to talk Tajh into staying? Right.

Tajh did hurt his draft status by coming back, no doubt about that. The rest of what you posted was pure moronic drivel.

Again I'm honored by a Clemson troll's post #1.- and yes, riding the plane, getting on the field to hold XP's against SC State and GA State (but no one else?), being inserted against Oklahoma when the game's far-gone ... that WAS the 'deal'! How 'many' walk-ons are 'red-shirted' to EXTEND their contributions, thus allowing them to 'hang around' and tell the girls "yea, I'm on the football team."

You tater dreamers are still touchy about Boyd. Ok, he was indeed a very late round pick in the NFL draft. You get excited anytime an ACC team beats an SEC team, especially if Clemson beats an SEC team, small guy complex coming out again. Maybe we don't see it quite that way since we play SEC teams just about every week during football season. After we beat UNC to open the season, you want see us bragging about it for years to come.My point is, like all of Dabo's QB'S , they are all proclaimed to be the best there ever was and so far, none have proven to be. Watson may prove to be but until he makes it through a season with the incredible numbers Tater Nation expects , like a lot of others, a kid with a lot of potential with the jury very much out.
Not touchy at all. You spewed out nonsense about boyd, and I called you on it. It could have been the 3rd string holder you were talking about, and it if wasn't true, I would have called you out on that too.

Do you remember Willy Corn around '09 or '10 ? dabo had him hyped for Heisman before he was on campus. I think he was gonna be the first quarterback who was so good he was going to catch some of his own passes, according to dabo. Where did he end up? Did he ever play a game? He should be on the show "Disappeared" because he just vanished.

Think it was his RS freshman year against Furman..Korn came in as a backup during garbage time, dislocated his throwing shoulder...had to have surgery... was never the same..Transferred to a JC in Greenville and then to Chas So..Who knows how good he could've been without the injury..Tough break but it happens...Dont see how Dabo was to blame.

Reactions: Fantasyland50
Think it was his RS freshman year against Furman..Korn came in as a backup during garbage time, dislocated his throwing shoulder...had to have surgery... was never the same..Transferred to a JC in Greenville and then to Chas So..Who knows how good he could've been without the injury..Tough break but it happens...Dont see how Dabo was to blame.

Wasn't Dabo? HA!!!

Maybe you will 'see' what Dabo's part was in hurting Mr. Korn after reading Korn's own story: READ THIS.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/tu/MjQ5NDM2dGlueTI0Nw==

What happened to Korn, the way he was treated and how he was 'handled' - then the way Parker was treated, how he was handled ... (Parker was just as highly-rated as Watson and Korn was MUCH higher than either of them) actually gives Gamecock fans 'comfort' ... watching Dabo run Watson out on the field against us last year (when Clemson could have run single-wing and beaten our defense) gives us 'comfort' ...

Clemson in general (and Dabo in particular) are COMMITTED to 'all-in' (what's BEST) - 1st FOR CLEMSON, then 2nd for the athlete - who is EXPECTED to take the shot, tape the break, wear the brace and delay surgery as long as the pills and plasma-delivered drugs allow 'em to ignore the pain. Worse, it's not just expected it's DEMANDED.

There's an ABSOLUTE correlation here between Watson's early injuries, Korn's early injuries and the injuries sustained by Kyle Parker. YOUR GUY, Watson ... 'bout your only guy, really ... WILL get injured and get run back out there hurt by his coaching staff. It's going to happen.

Clemson's own horror movie version of "Children of the Corn".

We've SEE this 'movie'. It's the ONLY movie Clemson's produced in the Dabo-era. Korn - BUST; Parker - BUST; Boyd - BUST and you'll BUST Watson, too.

ALL were BRILLIANT in high school, ALL showed 'flashes' of brilliance at Clemson ... but ultimately, all of them were hurt, mistreated, forced to play too soon before they were ready (or kept around against their OWN 'best-interest') and suffered tremendously for it.

But Dabo knows his 'fan-base' ... he knows you ain't 'fans' (of players) you're more closely akin to ticket-holder's watching gladiators at the Forum, only interested in Rome.

And like the poor pagans of Rome kept ignorant (yet happy) with a consistent diet of gore instead of grain; chewing 'em up and spittin' 'em out is fine with you.

Dabo's learned (he learned it as a child) that even a sorry life is livable with a 'diversion'. Enjoy your sorry lives.

Reactions: burghcock
tajh was drafted by the Jets
Only as a favor was he drafted. Rex drafted him because Dabo allows Rex's boy to be on clemsons roster.

Once Boyd for to the Jets Rex couldn't hide him, not even on the practice squad.

Oh and what happened to Rex? Fired!

I wasnt the one inferring that Dabo was to blame for Korn..Garnet & Black did...And thanks for the link..It confirmed what I posted, that it was injury that derailed Korn's career and not lack of talent like all ya'll coots seem to think..

As for coaches playing injured players, didnt Spurrier play Connor Shaw one game knowing that he had a broken shoulder blade? And I think he also played him against Mizzu knowing that he had a severely strained ACL, the same injury Watson had prior to tearing his.

Ryan himself said this was a personal pick....... http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...choice_joins_start-up_league_called_fxfl.html

Boyd, who enjoyed a prolific carer at Clemson, was picked by the Jets in the sixth round of this year's draft. The Jets usually let head coach Rex Ryan make one personal, hand-picked selection in every draft. This year, Ryan went with Boyd, who played with Ryan's son Seth at Clemson, where Seth is a walk-on wide receiver.

What Jr fans have trouble realizing is Connor Shaw was not just the face of your program during the same run, he was THE program. Look at the team's record before and now after his run. You put up a shrine for you to bow to on the way into each home game of the wrong Demi-god.

With Shaw on the team Jr's record was 42-11. Without him, 42-34. The fact is, he could win and execute even with the poor game calling he was given. That evaporated with his exit and was exposed in several late game losses last year.

A look at record books reveals clearly that single digit win totals are back and not because of the defense, the porous offensive line, the weird late game play calling, or any other factor besides the talent and leadership of the QB position does not equal what Shaw brought to the field.

Still he will never be more than a footnote in the NFL. But most people watch on Saturday for the excitement of the college game not thinking I can't wait til this guy plays on Sunday.

Orange Shadow asks:

"How is this related to a "deal" with Dabo?"

Fella, you're as trusting as a Tallahassee nurse desperate to date that good-looking fella, Ted Bundy.
Bundy OR Dabo would gladly take a nibble out of you.

Just imagine you're the fan sitting next to Lewis Grizzard at a UGA game when "UGA - the mascot" ... while being paraded on the field managed to collapse on the 50-yard line and start doing to himself what dog's (and Tigers - but not Gamecocks) do.

The fan yelled out "I WISH I could do that!" - to which Lewis responded, "that dawg would BITE you!"

You've got a manipulative coach; trained at 'Bama, bred for self-preservation, touched by the 'spirit' and capable of anything. A good-looking, smiling, gregarious, ambitious college-football version of Ted Bundy.

Keep answering that door - you'll find out.

I wasnt the one inferring that Dabo was to blame for Korn..Garnet & Black did...And thanks for the link..It confirmed what I posted, that it was injury that derailed Korn's career and not lack of talent like all ya'll coots seem to think..

As for coaches playing injured players, didnt Spurrier play Connor Shaw one game knowing that he had a broken shoulder blade? And I think he also played him against Mizzu knowing that he had a severely strained ACL, the same injury Watson had prior to tearing his.
Did you read the article? I know it was long but... The korn family was pretty much making it known throughout the article that the end of Wills career at Tillman tech was a result being suspiciously misdiagnosed twice by team staff and of being rushed back by the coaches (dilbo). As for shaw no broken shoulder blade...bruised shoulder. No strained mcl..... It was a mild H.A.S. I swear if you taters washing machines had the kind of spin cycle that your mouths do, your clothes would be clean as pearls and smell like a spring meadow 24-7-365.

What Jr fans have trouble realizing is Connor Shaw was not just the face of your program during the same run, he was THE program. Look at the team's record before and now after his run. You put up a shrine for you to bow to on the way into each home game of the wrong Demi-god.

With Shaw on the team Jr's record was 42-11. Without him, 42-34. The fact is, he could win and execute even with the poor game calling he was given. That evaporated with his exit and was exposed in several late game losses last year.

A look at record books reveals clearly that single digit win totals are back and not because of the defense, the porous offensive line, the weird late game play calling, or any other factor besides the talent and leadership of the QB position does not equal what Shaw brought to the field.

Still he will never be more than a footnote in the NFL. But most people watch on Saturday for the excitement of the college game not thinking I can't wait til this guy plays on Sunday.
He made a friggin team and started in a friggin NFL game....Tajh....not so much......let's see what this season brings especially Nov in Williams Brice. We won't see your ass for another year.....lol....but talk dude...talk...

He made a friggin team and started in a friggin NFL game....Tajh....not so much......let's see what this season brings especially Nov in Williams Brice. We won't see your ass for another year.....lol....but talk dude...talk...
Nothing on the first part of the "friggin (your term, not mine)" post. I could care less what happens after graduation , or in Jr's case dropping out. College is one thing, the NFL is another. History is full of extremely successful college QBs that could not hold a clipboard at the next level.

Honestly neither school is known for putting signal callers in the league. Neither can recruit using that as a factor - even with Spurrier's record.

In-direct point of the original post. Taters have shown they can and will move on past Boyd. Jr has not but you are right. November in Ms.Brice will tell the truth for one game but that a season does not make.

Boyd hurt his nfl chances by being a chitty qb. He has no touch on the ball at all. He can throw it deep but he'll I can hit a golf ball a long ways and both of us have about the same accuracy . Wait I can keep it on the driving range that's better than Boyd. He got cut without taking one preseason snap. He wasn't worthy of one snap! What a waste of a training camp spot.

Jr ?? Dale Jr? If you are referring to our team than you are definitely CUjr

Moved on past Boyd....like I said....you are all talk at this point. We will see. You little tater turds want to come here and talk s$#t 5 years removed from getting your a$$es handed to you by classes ranked below clemsux's. I would have thought you would have known better, but I guess that is asking too much from you delusional idiots. The separation of talent those 5 years were not that much and clemsux was rated higher in most cases. The games and score indicate that we do much more with less so watch your little turd floating a$$es come November......
No talking s$#t in a direct you suck kind of way; more of trying to engage in actual provable conversation with a couple of sideways jabs thrown in for fun. Records and numbers don't lie. The one I noted are documented.

The moved on part is directly related to a different system and QB but still a winning record and a BCS (regardless of what you think of the system that put the Taters there) win. Actually you could say two different QBs past the Boyd era. Add in a definite direction for this year and probably next for that position and there is even more seperation between the programs. It is not just hyper chatting on message boards but national recognition by most major outlets.

Stars are given for high school play. Rankings are based on projections. Last years preseason expectations clearly prove those are often wrong.

What is a turd floating a$$? That one is new to me.

No talking s$#t in a direct you suck kind of way; more of trying to engage in actual provable conversation with a couple of sideways jabs thrown in for fun. Records and numbers don't lie. The one I noted are documented.

The moved on part is directly related to a different system and QB but still a winning record and a BCS (regardless of what you think of the system that put the Taters there) win. Actually you could say two different QBs past the Boyd era. Add in a definite direction for this year and probably next for that position and there is even more seperation between the programs. It is not just hyper chatting on message boards but national recognition by most major outlets.

Stars are given for high school play. Rankings are based on projections. Last years preseason expectations clearly prove those are often wrong.

What is a turd floating a$$? That one is new to me.

Hey D/A, you're first response in this thread was EXACTLY a smack talk post with a cheap shot at Connor Shaw thrown in to prove your "I know you are but what am I" 2nd grade level rant.

What you're stupid ass fails to realize s the point of the post. The OP never said USC has better QB's than tater tech, or that any USC QB has been better than any pickens county CC QB. He made a statement that is FACT. EVERY SINGLE STARTING QB AT CLEMPZIN HAS BEEN HAILED AS A HEISMAN QB going back at least to Woody Danzler. And it's not just the starters, it's practically every QB recruited at Tillman A&M whether they ever see the field or not. The talk starts the day the set foot on campus and never stops until the next QB is recruited and steps in it.

All of your responses are a classic example of all the tater tots that come to this board. You can't discuss the topic without changing it and taking a swipe at our program, a player or our coaches and then try to back-peddle your way out of it. If you're gonna come here to talk BS grow a set and do it...and deal with the consequences. Don't post a BS swipe that under related to the topic and then try to pussy foot around it so you don't get the hammer.

And now, if you can find a way to stay on topic, maybe you can tell us how good Danzler's, Whitehurst's, Prcotor's, Harper's, Korn's, Parker's, Stoudt's, or Kelly's trophies look, or maybe snap a pic of Spiller's, Davis', Ellington's, Hopkins', Bellamy's, or Watkin's and let us see how they look.

One things for sure, if they gave a trophy for the team with the most self-proclaimed Heisman candidates without an actual winner Clempsun would win it every season.

Spin that...print that...tweet that!

I'm still confused with Clemsons position on Boyd. While he was there, all you heard was how he was an elite prospect and a heisman candidate his entire career. That was unanimous. Then, once he left, he was garbage, nothing close to their new elite prospect, who is going to be a heisman candidate, in Watson.

So this chain is confusing me. Why are the Clemson fans coming to his defense now? They all turned their back on him a year and a half ago.

Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw were outstanding college quarterbacks, and by all accounts, fine young men who continue to make their communities better with their charity work. It amazes me that a lot of fans need to hate everything and anyone connected to their rival school just so that they can feel superior in their own minds. Then again, maybe they need that hate as a reason to even get up in the morning, who knows? I hope both Tajh and Connor have successful NFL careers, but if neither does, the legacies and contributions at their respective schools and communities should remain secure.

Reactions: mplang
Boyd was a product of the Chad Morris system, plain and simple. That gimmick of an offense does not correlate to the NFL. He was good college QB in a pretty weak conference at the time. I could care less about him because like the posters said earlier he was O-fer in his career vs. The real Carolina (South). Maybe he can come back to the Upstate and co host on Straight up with Sturge.

Hey D/A, you're first response in this thread was EXACTLY a smack talk post with a cheap shot at Connor Shaw thrown in to prove your "I know you are but what am I" 2nd grade level rant.

What you're stupid ass fails to realize s the point of the post. The OP never said USC has better QB's than tater tech, or that any USC QB has been better than any pickens county CC QB. He made a statement that is FACT. EVERY SINGLE STARTING QB AT CLEMPZIN HAS BEEN HAILED AS A HEISMAN QB going back at least to Woody Danzler. And it's not just the starters, it's practically every QB recruited at Tillman A&M whether they ever see the field or not. The talk starts the day the set foot on campus and never stops until the next QB is recruited and steps in it.

All of your responses are a classic example of all the tater tots that come to this board. You can't discuss the topic without changing it and taking a swipe at our program, a player or our coaches and then try to back-peddle your way out of it. If you're gonna come here to talk BS grow a set and do it...and deal with the consequences. Don't post a BS swipe that under related to the topic and then try to pussy foot around it so you don't get the hammer.

And now, if you can find a way to stay on topic, maybe you can tell us how good Danzler's, Whitehurst's, Prcotor's, Harper's, Korn's, Parker's, Stoudt's, or Kelly's trophies look, or maybe snap a pic of Spiller's, Davis', Ellington's, Hopkins', Bellamy's, or Watkin's and let us see how they look.

One things for sure, if they gave a trophy for the team with the most self-proclaimed Heisman candidates without an actual winner Clempsun would win it every season.

Spin that...print that...tweet that!
Reading is over-rated at least in certain trailer (sorry) mobile home lots.

My first post, while stating that Shaw more than likely will never pan out in the league, was a cross reference to the fact Shaw was more the face (or actual life) of Jr's program during the same period. Clemson is more system based and not focused on individual players. In college, to live any other way is to fail every three to four years as they move on. There are facts out there for actual Heisman campaigns. A coach talking up a player happens all the time. Very few ever say a player is overrated. It may be hard to understand, but this is directly in line with the OP.

It is also impressive that you can list more Tater QBs than Clemson fans can list for Jr.

This is totally off topic but addressed to the post quoted above only. Now as for back pedaling, that never will happen. I see last year as the norm for Jr going forward. I see the limited, yes limited, success as nothing but the SEC least being down and Shaw being able to overcome a lot of adversity both talent and coaching wise. Spurrier is older and it does hurt recruiting. A sign of a desperate win now attitude is JUCO. That is not building for the future that is a grasp at today. But when the hill is well behind you that is what you do. There are plenty of trophies in the Upstate. Any time you get tired of looking at the one ACC conference title from 19whenever ask for work release/permission to leave the county and hitchhike up for yourself. Admission is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT