ADVERTISEMENT

Tater Martavous Bryant

Good lord, I think this guy is actually serious.

I've never met or even heard of a person starting smoking weed at that stage in his life. I knew his crowd in high school, I can assure you he was partaking at Hanna, Clemson, etc.

Edit- And guess what! I'm not even judging him or saying he's a bad person because of it!
Not at all. It's no worse than drinking alcohol and they don't gain any sort of athletic advantage from smoking it. If anything, they'll end up gaining bad weight from the junk food they will eat.

Not at all. It's no worse than drinking alcohol and they don't gain any sort of athletic advantage from smoking it. If anything, they'll end up gaining bad weight from the junk food they will eat.

So what' wrong with smoking pot, other than it's against the law? Stupid law that should have never been enacted.

This. Legal status or not, I am not one to judge someone for it. I know plenty of ultra successful doctors, lawyers, bankers, etc. that smoke on a regular basis. What grinds my gears are Clemson fans thinking their players don't do it.

I know our players do it, I know their players do it.. I just hope ours are smart enough to not get caught.

Reactions: funktavious
I will say.. These guys should probably just stick to the liquor instead of jeopardizing their career over it.

I'd guess the ones we see getting caught are probably the ones that are REALLY abusing it. I've heard interviews where NFL players say they'd guess 60% of players in the league smoke

If only he played for the Seahawks or Broncos.

PS, yes, I know its still against NFL policy, but its an outdated rule at this point.

Prefers pot over an NFL salary. Also is looking at a possible new contract. Priorities.
thanks for mentioning it, I left it out, rushing the post on a busy day!!! But can you figure the IQ of some of these people... Maybe I just don't understand addiction.. But this seems unbelievably stupid!!!

So who are we criticizing here again?
It's a shame that someone with that kind of potential chooses to risk losing his career for love of herb. But is that an indictment of Clemson? their coaches? their fans? I don't get it.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
So who are we criticizing here again?
It's a shame that someone with that kind of potential chooses to risk losing his career for love of herb. But is that an indictment of Clemson? their coaches? their fans? I don't get it.
The point is, I believe, he never once was in trouble at Tater U for testing positive for pot. He obviously didn't start smoking when he got to the NFL so why didn't Clem Tech catch this behavior before he left there. My wife is an addiction Dr. and she says there is no chemical addiction with weed, it is purely psychological. Your body does not have to have it, you just love the high.

So stoned you drive your car up on sidewalks. Hiding coke in your chapstick. Crapping on the floor in a bathroom. Dabo must be proud of the culture he is really hiding in them hills.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I don't know if it's still the same, but at one time not very long ago clemson coaches were not required to suspend a player for first or second offense failed drug tests. It was up to the university how they handled those failed tests. So most people had no clue clemson players even failed. Suspensions came with arrests (if media got wind of them and actually reported the news) until the charge was disposed of unless it was the third failed test. Then, and only then, Dabo would just say the fine young man and the university decided it was best to part ways and wouldn't give the reason. You see, that's how they maintain that wholesome-as-fresh-milk reputation they like to sell to the recruits' mamas.

He got used to high test gas at the ESSO club and now he needs PREMIUM.

Crazy, passed all those drug tests at Clemson, gets to the NFL and it seems can't pass any of there's.

I'm not saying he was cheating at Clemson, if he was any good at cheating, he wound not be getting caught at the NFL so much

I can't figure it out

Not true the testing perimeters are tougher in the NFL.

I don't know if it's still the same, but at one time not very long ago clemson coaches were not required to suspend a player for first or second offense failed drug tests. It was up to the university how they handled those failed tests. So most people had no clue clemson players even failed. Suspensions came with arrests (if media got wind of them and actually reported the news) until the charge was disposed of unless it was the third failed test. Then, and only then, Dabo would just say the fine young man and the university decided it was best to part ways and wouldn't give the reason. You see, that's how they maintain that wholesome-as-fresh-milk reputation they like to sell to the recruits' mamas.

I think it's one failed university test and you get a talking to, a second one and they suspend you a few games for "breaking team rules," a third they part ways. But it's never publicized when a player fails a test because of HIPPA. That is similar to the policy at USC under Spurrier at least.

It's up to the university how to handle a failed university drug test, but they have to do it consistently. A failed NCAA test is a one-season suspension for PEDs and hard drugs and half a season for weed.

For those in the know- what is the NFL's testing policy? Is everyone getting tested pretty regularly? Do they get an head's up? How many times can they fail before it because an issue? Why do they care so much?

Yep. And anyone with half a brain knows the president at Tater Tech is just an empty suit with zero pull when it comes to athletics. Dabo does the suspending when it suits him but the real guys running the show are the guys you never hear about. They're the same guys that made that cop disappear that pulled Dabo over.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Yep. And anyone with half a brain knows the president at Tater Tech is just an empty suit with zero pull when it comes to athletics. Dabo does the suspending when it suits him but the real guys running the show are the guys you never hear about. They're the same guys that made that cop disappear that pulled Dabo over.

I didn't know that...of course, I have more than half a brain.

But who made the cop’s stalking and harrassment case go away? It’s no longer listed on sccourts.org

How is it that so many of yall know the ins and outs of the Clemson program so well? It's amazing that all of their their sins are so public yet they never get in trouble for running such a terrible cheating ass program

How is it that so many of yall know the ins and outs of the Clemson program so well? It's amazing that all of their their sins are so public yet they never get in trouble for running such a terrible cheating ass program

Take off the orange glasses and imagine, just for a moment, that our roles were reversed. Everyone one of you idiots would be calling the NCAA everyday trying to REPORT us for every little thing. Don't think for a moment that you would not. THEN GET off our board!

Suspended for drugs again... just can't stop smoking dope.. Very sad!!! Never had any issues at Clemons..go figure
He never got caught at MooU, maybe he can find ole "done smoked it Duane Coleman", and hang out with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT