ADVERTISEMENT

Te'a Cooper

treetop flier

Aug 25, 2000
Man...I hope that isnt as bad as it looks.
Really twisted her ankle . Straight to the locker room. Can't put weigh on it. Damn.

I hope she's alright.

She was trying to box out Howard and got pushed into another player. Playing out of position is beginning to take a toll on her body. But the other option is less playing time. It's a tough situation.

Missed her tonight. The team was totally out of sync after she left the floor. Probably the most lethargic I've ever seen us play. Got out hustled numerous times. 21 turnovers plus KY stole the ball 14 times.

Last edited:
Basketball players are vulnerable to these kinds of injuries. Women basketball players are especially fragile, and hence, even more vulnerable.

Reactions: CockIN73
Missed her tonight. The team was totally out of sync after she left the floor. Probably the most lethargic I've ever seen us play. Got out hustled numerous times. 21 turnovers plus KY stole the ball 14 times.

They were actually behind when she went out. But she could have spotted BCM. She was off tonight. 1-11 shooting. Ouch.

They were actually behind when she went out. But she could have spotted BCM. She was off tonight. 1-11 shooting. Ouch.
I was there, so I realize we were behind when she left....he!!, we were behind most of the game. At least at the beginning it looked like we had a little flow and energy. Once she left, it was like we were sleep walking.

I was there, so I realize we were behind when she left....he!!, we were behind most of the game. At least at the beginning it looked like we had a little flow and energy. Once she left, it was like we were sleep walking.

I was there too. We stunk from the get-go, IMO. However, we were +9 in the 3rd quarter. That was the only stretch of decent basketball we played.

Reactions: cockylady50
When Cooper went down I think our players didn't know how to react . We are just a little on the spoil side . We will be fine . Lets hope Cooper is not hurt real bad
She didn't play Sunday. Her play has not been good for the last few games.

Reactions: DarkCock
Basketball players are vulnerable to these kinds of injuries. Women basketball players are especially fragile, and hence, even more vulnerable.

giphy.gif

From where I was sitting, it looked like a high sprain. If that's true, she won't be back before the NCAA tournament!

I doubt there's statistical evidence to back that up. To paraphrase The Dude, that's just like, your opinion, man.

It sounds like she's been cleared to play.

Whenever I rolled my ankle as a kid, I was always told to "just walk it off", and keep playing.....

For the last two years, Carolina women's teams have shown more grit and drive than any of our mens teams and it is not even close. Womens bball, soccer, softball, golf have all fielded championship caliber teams while the men have been losing constantly to Clempson.

Fragile? Get outta here.
I'm still comfortable.

Reactions: Cybercock
What I said to begin with - in post #4. Female athletes in intensive sports are somewhat more injury-prone that male athletes. It's not meant as a criticism.

https://www.rushortho.com/news/sports-injury-risk-girls-or-boys

Its amazing how people get all butt hurt and bent out of shape when they perceive something as non-pc. Quit looking to be offended people. Its a PHYSICAL difference
If there where no physical differences then both sexes would be on one team and there would be no seperate mens and womens sports.
Maybe thats a good idea anyway if you want to get right down to the true meaning of total equality.

You and I are talking about two different things.

Maybe but I dont think so. I never argued that there are not some physical differences between men and women. I just took offense to the use of the word "fragile". Especially in the context we are fans of a school where the women in the atheltic department have far outplayed the men over the last two years and in doing so shown more grit, determination and dedication. And I think they deserve for that to be called out rather than referred to as "fragile".

GO COCKS!!!

Reactions: cockylady50
Maybe but I dont think so. I never argued that there are not some physical differences between men and women. I just took offense to the use of the word "fragile". Especially in the context we are fans of a school where the women in the atheltic department have far outplayed the men over the last two years and in doing so shown more grit, determination and dedication. And I think they deserve for that to be called out rather than referred to as "fragile".

GO COCKS!!!
I hope you find the strength you need to bear your own particular sensibilities.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT