ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech fires Kliff Kingsbury

He tried to instill some dicsipline into some tv stars kid and they sided with the tv star over the coach. Now you don't hear much from the tv star because he was found out to be a drama queen.

Haha !! Maybe we need a shed on our practice field . I love Leach . He’s weird as hell but he’s a funny dude . He’s done a great job at WSU this year . They actually have a defense .. sort of.

I hope no one is serious about needing an OC.

The only reason Clemson didn't finish first in scoring defense was our offense.

Haha !! Maybe we need a shed on our practice field . I love Leach . He’s weird as hell but he’s a funny dude . He’s done a great job at WSU this year . They actually have a defense .. sort of.
They got woodshed -ed by Washington Friday night. Washington is not very good in an ACC-quality PAC-12.

But they could have easily scored 100 against Arizona if they wanted to.

So is Mack Brown returning to North Carolina, but it probably won't happen.
Even if he were younger, he took the Texas job because he couldn't see a path to the national championship at North Carolina. He even said it. UPC has debunked that somewhat, and divisional play and the CFP has opened up some things, but if I were a UNC fan, he's the last man I would want to see up there.

I'm happy with Brian McClendon, for the most part. I still think letting the air out of the ball at Florida had Muschamp's fingerprints all over it.
I still don't think that was his fault. I think it was an improper RPO read by Jake at the LOS. Of course, Jake had the "we must run the ball consistently" mantra playing in the back of his head from WM.

I'm happy with Brian McClendon, for the most part. I still think letting the air out of the ball at Florida had Muschamp's fingerprints all over it.
I agree with that last part completely. Brian McClendon will be successful to whatever extent he reposes his trust in The Man Behind the Curtain.

He tried to instill some dicsipline into some tv stars kid and they sided with the tv star over the coach. Now you don't hear much from the tv star because he was found out to be a drama queen.

To be fair, Leach sued Texas Tech, they didn't sue him. He made a football player stay in a closet because he didn't think the player was coming back from injury as quick as he should, the parent complained and Leach was suspended for the next game. Leach sued Texas Tech and said they didn't have the right under his contract to suspend him, they could only fire him. So they did. If he hadn't sued, it would have all blown over. His own hubris cost him, IMHO.

Last edited:
Even if he were younger, he took the Texas job because he couldn't see a path to the national championship at North Carolina. He even said it. UPC has debunked that somewhat, and divisional play and the CFP has opened up some things, but if I were a UNC fan, he's the last man I would want to see up there.

I really think there is little substance to it. Brown is 67 and enjoying broadcasting. I don't think he has the fire left to try and turn a program around. I don't think he would want it nor they him. His publicist probably pushed that knowing it is always good to have your name bandied about. That said, here is what the main sportswriter (a big jerk by the way) for the Austin American Statesman said today:

Kirk Bohls
✔@kbohls
I also hear Mack Brown is very, very interested in North Carolina job. Could bring former Texas DC Gene Chizik with him and try to bring Kliff Kingsbury as his OC.

12:26 PM - Nov 25, 2018

Reactions: king ward
I'd love to see Venables leave for a HC job, but it sure doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. He has a son wrapping up his freshman year at Clemson, makes more than $2M per year, and doesn't have nearly the pressure he would have going into a shaky program and trying to build.

I'd love to see Venables leave for a HC job, but it sure doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. He has a son wrapping up his freshman year at Clemson, makes more than $2M per year, and doesn't have nearly the pressure he would have going into a shaky program and trying to build.
Thought he made $1.7 million? I know Dave Aranda is paid more and I believe he makes $1.8.

Reactions: rogue cock
Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT