ADVERTISEMENT

The Gamecock ticket office is stupid.

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
I just called to ask if they had any Kentucky tickets left, and of course they did. Then the lady tells me I have to be a Gamecock Club member to buy away tickets. There is no way they are going to sell out our allotment for that game, so they'd rather return tickets than sell one to a non-GC Club member. So I'm just going to buy one elsewhere, probably from the UK ticket office.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Hey Buddy,

Not sure who you spoke with, but we actually are sold out of our allotment for the Kentucky game, other than patches of one seat throughout a couple of sections.

Being able to purchase away tickets through the University's allotment is also a known benefit of being a Gamecock Club member, and undermining that is something that we cannot do.

If you call the UK ticket office, be sure to ask for seats in either Section 13 or 14. That is where the majority of our allotment is.

Yeah, the girl said there were some tickets left in Section 11 and Section K, wherever that is. I only needed one.

At least you called. Have you ever tried to go there? Our ticket office is difficult to find. Once you find it, then you have to find a parking space. And then have someone unlock the door for you. Once inside the building, be sure go through the glass doors and to your right.

At least you called. Have you ever tried to go there? Our ticket office is difficult to find. Once you find it, then you have to find a parking space. And then have someone unlock the door for you. Once inside the building, be sure go through the glass doors and to your right.
Hey Buddy,

Not sure who you spoke with, but we actually are sold out of our allotment for the Kentucky game, other than patches of one seat throughout a couple of sections.

Being able to purchase away tickets through the University's allotment is also a known benefit of being a Gamecock Club member, and undermining that is something that we cannot do.

If you call the UK ticket office, be sure to ask for seats in either Section 13 or 14. That is where the majority of our allotment is.

As I have said for years the Gamecock Club is only concerned about selling tickets, certainly not about building any relationships with members

latest

Where the hell is it, anyway! The CLA? W-B Stadium? Coaches Offices in the Athletic Village?

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
As I have said for years the Gamecock Club is only concerned about selling tickets, certainly not about building any relationships with members
This is not a rag but an honest question. What do you think the Gamecock Club should do to build relationships with members/fans?

This is not a rag but an honest question. What do you think the Gamecock Club should do to build relationships with members/fans?

Maybe just a phone call every couple of years just to say thanks for your support, how's the kids?, just reaching out, etc. The last time I talked to one of the GGC "big wigs" I mentioned that next year I would be a 50 yr. member. His response was silence. Seemed he just wanted to get me off the phone after 40 seconds..

I know if I need a friend I can get a dog, but in most cases relationships are very important. To me "Gamecock Nation" should be more than just showing up on Saturday. Be safe this weekend.

Rice Athletics Center is the main one. We obviously have locations inside of CLA, Founders Park, and outside of Williams-Brice, as well.

Thanks. I really did not know. On a big campus like Carolina's you can spend half-a-day looking for something that you 'just knew' was on, say, Pickens Street only to discover it's over a half mile away on Lincoln Street! :)

Maybe just a phone call every couple of years just to say thanks for your support, how's the kids?, just reaching out, etc. The last time I talked to one of the GGC "big wigs" I mentioned that next year I would be a 50 yr. member. His response was silence. Seemed he just wanted to get me off the phone after 40 seconds..

I know if I need a friend I can get a dog, but in most cases relationships are very important. To me "Gamecock Nation" should be more than just showing up on Saturday. Be safe this weekend.
Thanks for your response. I agree. Membership should be appreciated and not taken for granted. You and yours stay safe too.

One big thing to build a relationship is to make a person feel great if they do call in for info. LIke a "Thank you for calling, how can we make your life easier today?". Instead you usually get a response more along the lines of, "We are busy what is it you want?"

If you're a directv customer, call in and speak to regular customer service. They will make you SO MAD you'll be cursing at your family by the time you get off the phone.

However, if you call in, and at the voice prompts, say "cancel service" it will send you to the customer loyalty department. I always do this even when I have no intentions of cancelling.

Those people are nice, polite, understanding, and empowered to handle things. Its an unbelievable night and day difference right within the same company.

Reactions: Carolina4
Hey Buddy,

I bought mine from ticketmaster in the section right beside the Gamecock section

I've always found them to be very helpful. I get emails from them routinely regarding all sorts of information.

Yes. And sometimes customer service doesn't mean any particular thing, but just an intangible "niceness" and helpfulness when you call or show up in person with a particular request or issue. Definitely something other than just a "what do you want?"

Yes. And sometimes customer service doesn't mean any particular thing, but just an intangible "niceness" and helpfulness when you call or show up in person with a particular request or issue. Definitely something other than just a "what do you want?"
Even with Hilton Honors I get a thank you for continuing to use Hilton Honors and a “help yourself to the snack bar.” Customer service kills restaurants all the time. This is not hard to do.

Reactions: DarkCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT