ADVERTISEMENT

The life of a Gamecock fan…

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
Losing to that barnyard school six years running. A global pandemic. The Will Muschamp Era. And now we might have a war with Russia. But we did win the Mayo Bowl! And hopeful for this coming season. If we’re all still here. Go Cocks!

I’ve often thought about a title for a book about SC Football. It’s down to “2nd and 9”, “Woulda Coulda Shoulda” and “Navy!”

I’ve often thought about a title for a book about SC Football. It’s down to “2nd and 9”, “Woulda Coulda Shoulda” and “Navy!”
I think all three are worthy titles. How about "Wait 'till Next Year"?

In my lifetime...

Roche turned his ankle.
Navy
Thornwell gets the flu.
I do feel like we would of won the National championship if not for Navy and Thorwell's flu. I wasn't alive for the Roche situation. You feel pretty confident we would of won it then?

I do feel like we would of won the National championship if not for Navy and Thorwell's flu. I wasn't alive for the Roche situation. You feel pretty confident we would of won it then?
I think we would’ve gotten it in FB in ‘84. Several things hurt us in that Navy game, but I think Carl Hill’s being out (don’t remember exactly why) and our RB‘s broken leg (was is Hagood or Dendy?) were a big part of it. But that team had the magic to beat anyone in ‘84.

I think we would’ve gotten it in FB in ‘84. Several things hurt us in that Navy game, but I think Carl Hill’s being out (don’t remember exactly why) and our RB‘s broken leg (was is Hagood or Dendy?) were a big part of it. But that team had the magic to beat anyone in ‘84.
We lost to Navy because we couldn't stop their TE open over the middle all day long.

Losing to that barnyard school six years running. A global pandemic. The Will Muschamp Era. And now we might have a war with Russia. But we did win the Mayo Bowl! And hopeful for this coming season. If we’re all still here. Go Cocks!

It's even worse than you think. We've lost seven in a row to them.

That global pandemic is the only reason it's not 8.

We were ranked preseason #1 for the '69/'70 season and only lost 2 games prior to the ACC Tournament final. Roche tried to play on his bad ankle in the final but was ineffective.....really sad to watch. He did win the ACC player of the year in '69 and '70. Yes, he was that good and we had an excellent shot at winning the national title....

Reactions: FORKCOCK and TAV31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT