ADVERTISEMENT

The myth of clemson's schedule....

Man, I hate to take Clemson's side on this but I have to point out how little each of these games means. Last year Clemson should have lost to NC State. They should have lost to Troy (I still think the 99 yard fumble return should've counted). So they must have been HORRIBLE!

And then they beat Alabama.

If they lose another game this year, they won't make the playoffs. If they win the next 3 then they potentially play against 2 of the 4 best teams in the country to try to prove they're the best. Personally, I'm hoping we don't give them that chance.

More importantly, I want us to win out so we can go to a good bowl game and keep moving in the right direction. We've had a lot of injuries this year but still have a pretty good record.

GO COCKS!

Shannon
USC '88
We will beat Clemson. I'm not worried.

Reactions: Mister Fred
Huh...so Oklahoma has a better SOS, better loss, better wins, but is behind Clemson. Makes sense.
But....reportedly, the Committee doesn't like the Big12 because of the lack of defense...so they have to take into consideration that they don't like the way the conference plays. This Committee crap is the worst system ever invented....they are biased where they want to be...not liking how a conference plays, ignoring losses because of injury (which most teams have), etc...

Reactions: Judson1
Your example doesn't match your statement. Ole Miss was not unranked.

I did say 2/3. Two out of three. Just showing losing to an unranked team doesn't disqualify a team from being national champs, much less being deserving of a playoff spot

I did say 2/3. Two out of three. Just showing losing to an unranked team doesn't disqualify a team from being national champs, much less being deserving of a playoff spot
It depends on the year and the other top teams just outside of the playoff.

It depends on the year and the other top teams just outside of the playoff.

All I'm saying is that the statement, "Clemson lost to an unranked crappy team. No way should they be in the playoffs," is ridiculous. Lots of variables could have changed this year to leave Clemson outside the top 4 with only a loss to Syracuse, so I see what you're saying as long as you see where I'm going too.

Unranked I'll give you, but what about losing records...which is probably where the other modifier that you ignored came from.

Unranked I'll give you, but what about losing records...which is probably where the other modifier that you ignored came from.

Yeah that would be something new I would bet. Clemson absolutely laid an egg in that one. I think everyone can agree that if they beat Carolina and Miami then they have a top 4 resume even with the atrocious loss.

All I'm saying is that the statement, "Clemson lost to an unranked crappy team. No way should they be in the playoffs," is ridiculous. Lots of variables could have changed this year to leave Clemson outside the top 4 with only a loss to Syracuse, so I see what you're saying as long as you see where I'm going too.
I think it's ridiculous that a team like Miami is being punished for having some close WINS over bad teams, while still being undefeated. As opposed to klempsun, who actually has a LOSS to a bad team. Klempsun has more quality wins, but not all of them look as good as they did early in the season. Auburn still looks like a great win for klempsun. Louisville, not so much.

and the clemson posters still cannot find their way back to their boards but instead are so infatuated with Carolina they continue to infest our boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT