ADVERTISEMENT

The statehouse...

Let's put it this way. It is a slap in the face. Our athletic department seems to just turn the other cheek.

...and exactly what do you expect our athletic department do? We have excellent coaches in place pretty much throughout our program. They are pretty much doing what they are suppose to.

I expect them to recognize when a coach has decided to retire early yet not leave his position for another two years and in the process decimate a top 10 football program. Anyone with eyes could see our recruiting go to hell and the god awful assistant coaching hires going back to 2012-2013. I also would hope that no congratulatory tweet would be sent in recognition of the Clemson flag over our statehouse. Tone deaf is an understatement. That shows me not much has changed. Truly hope I am wrong however the athletic director doesn't care to communicate a whole lot.

QUOTE="raycock2001, post: 3190943, member: 6370"]...and exactly what do you expect our athletic department do? We have excellent coaches in place pretty much throughout our program. They are pretty much doing what they are suppose to.[/QUOTE]

I expect them to recognize when a coach has decided to retire early yet not leave his position for another two years and in the process decimate a top 10 football program. Anyone with eyes could see our recruiting go to hell and the god awful assistant coaching hires going back to 2012-2013. I also would hope that no congratulatory tweet would be sent in recognition of the Clemson flag over our statehouse. Tone deaf is an understatement. That shows me not much has changed. Truly hope I am wrong however the athletic director doesn't care to communicate a whole lot.

QUOTE="raycock2001, post: 3190943, member: 6370"]...and exactly what do you expect our athletic department do? We have excellent coaches in place pretty much throughout our program. They are pretty much doing what they are suppose to.
[/QUOTE]
d2jo1.jpg

Reactions: Heyward1
Oh yeah, I admit it is a dead horse but until the athletic department shows they "get it" then they need reminding. The downfall was allowed to happen and the same folks are in charge at the athletic department.

d2jo1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dabo in Columbia was AWESOME! I loved every minute of it. Say what you will about the man, but he knows how to get Clemson's brand out there. Love the signs as well!

See what I mean? Congrats buddy. Ray Tanner hello?

Dabo in Columbia was AWESOME! I loved every minute of it. Say what you will about the man, but he knows how to get Clemson's brand out there. Love the signs as well!

for the record, that is a OSU Buckeye site...and they should think the Tiger mascot is the scariest (31-0)
Seriously??? Have you ever been to Columbus? They will put their trophy case up against anybody's and swear that it is superior, including Bama's. They aren't going to worry about a school that they don't know what state it's in...or even care for that matter. And I can promise you that they think Woody should have gotten an award for the "punch", which is the only thing they remember about Clemson for any extended period of time.

Reactions: ulysses5
Seriously, since OSU is 0-3 against the Tigers overall and 0-2 over the last four years, don't you think they should take them a little more seriously?

Reactions: flyfisher29640
Seriously, since OSU is 0-3 against the Tigers overall and 0-2 over the last four years, don't you think they should take them a little more seriously?
Agree 100%. Dang, people on here should get their head out of thw sand. They have the big trophy.

We're talking mascots here. Apparently the rest of the universe thinks Cocky is dang attractive, who btw does have a richer tradition than ALL OF YOUR OTHER SPORTS PROGRAMS!

Your tiger's outfit looks like a Halloween costume put together at the last minute. I would think Dabo would sacrifice a little cash for an upgrade.

This is what will make me feel sick. I think they will be popping up all over the border to SC. I travel frequently and am always glad to cross back into SC. Now I may vomit in my mouth a little instead.

mandy-jpg-1488320284.jpg

I don't remember any signs commemorating our B2B baseball titles anywhere in the state. Were there any?

0-3 against the taters and 0-2 against the cocks. So, despite the impressive trophy case, OSU sure doesn't do well against teams from SC. In general, they do poorly against teams from the South. Big 10 exposed as overhyped fraud during bowl season.

Seriously??? Have you ever been to Columbus? They will put their trophy case up against anybody's and swear that it is superior, including Bama's. They aren't going to worry about a school that they don't know what state it's in...or even care for that matter. And I can promise you that they think Woody should have gotten an award for the "punch", which is the only thing they remember about Clemson for any extended period of time.
I was being sarcastic as well as referring to the article about the tiger mascot, not program history. But since you brought it up, No I have never been to Columbus, and I am sure their trophy is impressive. I also know they are 0-5 vs teams from the state of South Carolina. So maybe "only remembering Woody's punch" is their problem. Oh, and I am being sarcastic again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT