ADVERTISEMENT

Their blitzes and our failure to exploit them

Jan 8, 2008
For most of the game they kill us blitzing, leaving huge holes in their short pass coverages, and we adjust by throwing into those holes, right? Actually, no.

For most of the game they kill us blitzing, and we reciprocate on defense by bringing some of our own in the second half, right? Actually, no.

How long will we give Muschamp & Co. to show us what football geniuses they are?

Not gonna name any names but our tightend isn't that good of a blocker and So Fla figured that out. Bentley is also not experienced enough to recognize a blitz pre-snap but that will come as a quick lesson the more he faces it and ends up on his backside.

Not gonna name any names but our tightend isn't that good of a blocker and So Fla figured that out. Bentley is also not experienced enough to recognize a blitz pre-snap but that will come as a quick lesson the more he faces it and ends up on his backside.
Our guards also do not rotate off of double teams on blitzes up the middle.

That to me is one thing that Bentley Must improve on.....there were several instances yesterday where the blitz is in is field of vision.....throw the ball away

For most of the game they kill us blitzing, leaving huge holes in their short pass coverages, and we adjust by throwing into those holes, right? Actually, no.

For most of the game they kill us blitzing, and we reciprocate on defense by bringing some of our own in the second half, right? Actually, no.

How long will we give Muschamp & Co. to show us what football geniuses they are?

I don't know how much a coach can do...We have a very gifted true freshmen QB...Bentley's only weakness that i can see is recognizing the blitzes off the edge and throwing the quick slant with precision...He will get there but he is not there yet...On the last play our right tackle, who played well most of the game, got beat like a mangy dog with a broke leg...Our backs do a decent job picking up a-gap pressure...But they are awful trying to help off the edge..Prolly cause the edge rushers come a lot faster...

If we could run the ball, pass blocking would be easier...But there is hope there due do recent events that have been discussed at length

Reactions: rogue cock
That to me is one thing that Bentley Must improve on.....there were several instances yesterday where the blitz is in is field of vision.....throw the ball away

BINGO. He better get use to the blitzes up the middle because no team fears him breaking contain and scrambling for a first down.

I don't know how much a coach can do...We have a very gifted true freshmen QB...Bentley's only weakness that i can see is recognizing the blitzes off the edge and throwing the quick slant with precision...He will get there but he is not there yet...On the last play our right tackle, who played well most of the game, got beat like a mangy dog with a broke leg...Our backs do a decent job picking up a-gap pressure...But they are awful trying to help off the edge..Prolly cause the edge rushers come a lot faster...

If we could run the ball, pass blocking would be easier...But there is hope there due do recent events that have been discussed at length
Agree. Not only does Bentley have to recognize the blitz but he can't hold the ball so long (blitz or no blitz). He pulled a Houdini on one play yesterday to avoid a big loss but he needs to avoid taking big hits.

I thought the RB's did a great job of picking up the blitz's in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DarkCock
When it comes to escapabiliy, we do not have it in our QB'S. We have a pure drop back QB that can't offer anything when the 1st or 2nd options are covered. USC was blitzing with a dB who was not on the line of scrimmage and our QB'S could not evade him. It's amazing that we are behind times when it comes to effective and efficient QB play. Bentley played well passing the ball down field, but Flowers showed us what we really need. Look at the current playoff teams and examine what type of QB they have.

When it comes to escapabiliy, we do not have it in our QB'S. We have a pure drop back QB that can't offer anything when the 1st or 2nd options are covered. USC was blitzing with a dB who was not on the line of scrimmage and our QB'S could not evade him. It's amazing that we are behind times when it comes to effective and efficient QB play. Bentley played well passing the ball down field, but Flowers showed us what we really need. Look at the current playoff teams and examine what type of QB they have.
Get lost or go look into getting a clue.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT