ADVERTISEMENT

Theres smoke: We might be knee deep in the Michigan sign scandal, epic NCAA scandal

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Well, the hits keep coming. The epic Michigan signal stealing scandal is rapidly unfolding. Latest is they sent scouts to Tennessee and Clemson games in 2022 bc they were possible playoff opponents and that Michigan shares intel on stolen signs with a yet unnamed UT opponent to disrupt their playoff chances. That team is supposedly us. Our defense all wore wristbands that night and never did before. OUR DC COACHED W HARBAUGH AT STANFORD. There is the connection. Beamer was fined for the stolen playbook Wake Forest vs VA Tech scandal.

We looked like an entirely different team vs UT and Clemson. Like we knew what they were gonna do before they did it. Before those 2 games, and ever since, we have been mediocre as hell. But for 2 opponents, who were possible Michigan playoff opponents who they illegally scouted and stole signals from, we looked incredible, we knocked both out of the playoffs, and we gave Michigan a MUCH easier opponent, TCU. (Google TCU fake signals vs Michigan, someone tipped TCU off).

We might end up in an absolute clusterfudge.

FootballScoop is running it. FootballScoop is a very reliable, old school site that coaches used for decades to get the latest, and usually accurate, info about coaching rumors, jobs, hires.

This isnt good at all

Last edited:
I'm sure you hope so.

Yeah, like I've said before, there are people here that would wish that the program burn to the ground because they didn't get the coach they wanted. Anybody that thinks "change" through this type of scandal would lead to something better is an idiot. Would be catastrophic.

Look on the bright side. If we are guilty Beamer's contract can be terminated. We do not have to pay him an unbelievable amount of money to leave like we did Muschamp.

Let's just wait and see what happens. Seems a bit far-fetched at this point. But, nothing would surprise me.

I mean, it didn't take a genius to throw the ball against Tennessee that night to wide open receivers all night long. Not sure how them not covering our players took us knowing their plays.

But, relying on Football Scoop is like relying on a particular cable news network. Actual evidence is needed, not opinions/theories/guesses and loose associations.

I call BS we still went on the field and physically stomped a mud hole in both of these inbreed programs. I have seen many times where teams could tell us right where a play is going and we couldn’t stop it. Neither one of them thinks they could possibly ever lose to us. I saw Cam Smith absolutely physically destroy the Hyatt guy who promised he would humiliate us way worse than he did Alabama. And Juice Wells looked like he was riding a motorcycle walking away from those pathetic clemsuck DB’s right in front of their home sideline. I remember legends of playbook stealing by ole sCUm during 63-17 but nobody cared about that. I just hear excuses.

There's going to have to be more proof than the coaches that used to work together.

The sad fact, we'll be in trouble if these were communicated to our staff, even if we didn't use them.

And no, this wouldn't be good, even if you think Beamer was a mistake. Firing Beamer costs more, but him being fired for cheating? This recruiting class evaporates, and the portal decimates us this year.

Forfeiting those two games would mean nothing. We'd still make fun of them for what we did to them.

Edit: Look at Ray's hires and shudder to think if he has to pull the trigger in a matter of weeks. Then again, maybe him taking any thought out might be better. /s

Last edited:
From that article:

While signal stealing is a commonly accepted element of the sport that violates no written rules, it does traipse into the sportsmanship gray area—and coaches are loath to talk about opposing teams in that regard.

I think people are confusing two different things under the name "stealing signals". Everyone watches signals during games, and tries to decipher them. What Michigan is accused of is actually against the rules, and very different.

I’m not worried- if nothing else our program is squeaky clean.

I would trust Beamer. If he says we didn't do it, I won't call him a liar.

One concern is that we could be drug into it even if we never used the info. All it takes is one email or phone call to show we were offered or given the info, and we will have an uphill battle convincing people we didn't do it.

From that article:

While signal stealing is a commonly accepted element of the sport that violates no written rules, it does traipse into the sportsmanship gray area—and coaches are loath to talk about opposing teams in that regard.

I think people are confusing two different things under the name "stealing signals". Everyone watches signals during games, and tries to decipher them. What Michigan is accused of is actually against the rules, and very different.
Very different. Michigan is gonna get hit hard. IF big big IF we participated by accepting that unlawfully gained information, Im not sure we actually broke a rule. We can plead ignorance and say we assumed it came from in-game sign stealing that Michigan got their hands on and shared

I call BS we still went on the field and physically stomped a mud hole in both of these inbreed programs. I have seen many times where teams could tell us right where a play is going and we couldn’t stop it. Neither one of them thinks they could possibly ever lose to us. I saw Cam Smith absolutely physically destroy the Hyatt guy who promised he would humiliate us way worse than he did Alabama. And Juice Wells looked like he was riding a motorcycle walking away from those pathetic clemsuck DB’s right in front of their home sideline. I remember legends of playbook stealing by ole sCUm during 63-17 but nobody cared about that. I just hear excuses.
That all seems like something that happened in a galaxy, far, far, away after seeing what we are doing today.

Reactions: 92Pony
That all seems like something that happened in a galaxy, far, far, away after seeing what we are doing today.
It sure does. And looking at how this team played before those two games, and ever since those games, its hard not to think theres some truth to the growing rumors.

But it did happen and I’m not happy one bit with where we are today. My point is those two scummy programs are always looking to discredit anything we accomplish. We physically defeated them on the field even if we knew something.

But it did happen and I’m not happy one bit with where we are today. My point is those two scummy programs are always looking to discredit anything we accomplish. We physically defeated them on the field even if we knew something.

If we did, its not nearly as bad as what Michigan did. I guess the NCAA would have to prove we knew it was “dirty” intel. Coaches share info all the time to help each other, so just sharing it isnt a problem. Just wondering if how that info was aquired makes the possessor guilty? Like buying stolen goods haha?

Reactions: CockFamily6
Well, the hits keep coming. The epic Michigan signal stealing scandal is rapidly unfolding. Latest is they sent scouts to Tennessee and Clemson games in 2022 bc they were possible playoff opponents and that Michigan shares intel on stolen signs with a yet unnamed UT opponent to disrupt their playoff chances. That team is supposedly us. Our defense all wore wristbands that night and never did before. OUR DC COACHED W HARBAUGH AT STANFORD. There is the connection. Beamer was fined for the stolen playbook Wake Forest vs VA Tech scandal.

We looked like an entirely different team vs UT and Clemson. Like we knew what they were gonna do before they did it. Before those 2 games, and ever since, we have been mediocre as hell. But for 2 opponents, who were possible Michigan playoff opponents who they illegally scouted and stole signals from, we looked incredible, we knocked both out of the playoffs, and we gave Michigan a MUCH easier opponent, TCU. (Google TCU fake signals vs Michigan, someone tipped TCU off).

We might end up in an absolute clusterfudge.

But wait, I thought Tennessee's excuse was dissent amongst the defense because one of their guys got dismissed right before our game. This is a nothing burger of epic proportions.

And hire who?
R.fd7a07037808da576f5f33e9e2e24865

Reactions: vidaliagamecock
He wouldnt come here it would be a lateral move for him. And a large % of our fans wouldn’t want him bc “he aint got SEC experience” whatever that means
I think moving from Kansas to Syracuse would be a lateral move. Going from Kansas to Indiana could be a lateral move. Transition from Kansas to Cal Golden Bears should be a lateral move. I do disagree with moving from Kansas to South Carolina would be a lateral move.

I think the only two reasons he would stay with the Jayhawks is it would be a easier path to the college football playoffs with Oklahoma and Texas leaving the conference and I think he has more job security at Kansas than he would with most SEC schools.

I think moving from Kansas to Syracuse would be a lateral move. Going from Kansas to Indiana could be a lateral move. Transition from Kansas to Cal Golden Bears should be a lateral move. I do disagree with moving from Kansas to South Carolina would be a lateral move.

I think the only two reasons he would stay with the Jayhawks is it would be a easier path to the college football playoffs with Oklahoma and Texas leaving the conference and I think he has more job security at Kansas than he would with most SEC schools.
Well lets compare. Last 15 years:
Championships: Kansas and USC both won their division 1 time, tied
Biggest bowl wins: USC won the Capital One, Kansas won the Orange Bowl, edge KU
Biggest wins: USC has beat Bama and Georgia, Kansas has beat Oklahoma and Texas, edge USC
Highest top 25 rank achieved: Kansas #2 in 2007, USC #4 2013

There is more. But I agree with your second statement. It will be easier at Kansas to compete in a less top heavy but deeper Big12, it will be easier to reach 7-8 wins most years and there is more job security. Which, as a job, makes it a more appealing job, and why I say its a lateral move.

Well lets compare. Last 15 years:
Championships: Kansas and USC both won their division 1 time, tied
Biggest bowl wins: USC won the Capital One, Kansas won the Orange Bowl, edge KU
Biggest wins: USC has beat Bama and Georgia, Kansas has beat Oklahoma and Texas, edge USC
Highest top 25 rank achieved: Kansas #2 in 2007, USC #4 2013

There is more. But I agree with your second statement. It will be easier at Kansas to compete in a less top heavy but deeper Big12, it will be easier to reach 7-8 wins most years and there is more job security. Which, as a job, makes it a more appealing job, and why I say its a lateral move.
Do you think when Chris Petersen move from Boise State to Washington wasa lateral move? Was Tom Herman a lateral move when he left Houston for Texas? Is Texas and Oklahoma moving from Big 12 to the SEC a lateral move?
I just have a different criteria what defines a lateral move. I think resources and potential should factor in what should be considered a lateral move. I am guessing, but I think South Carolina's football facilities are superior than the Jayhawks. While I like South Carolina basketball and football equally, most gamecocks fans consider football the top priority at South Carolina where Jayhawks may favor their basketball over football. I am guessing that South Carolina has close to a two to one ratio over Kansas when it come to fan support. I heard that the Kansas coach was given away tickets to students just to get them to come to the games.

Do you think when Chris Petersen move from Boise State to Washington wasa lateral move? Was Tom Herman a lateral move when he left Houston for Texas? Is Texas and Oklahoma moving from Big 12 to the SEC a lateral move?
I just have a different criteria what defines a lateral move. I think resources and potential should factor in what should be considered a lateral move. I am guessing, but I think South Carolina's football facilities are superior than the Jayhawks. While I like South Carolina basketball and football equally, most gamecocks fans consider football the top priority at South Carolina where Jayhawks may favor their basketball over football. I am guessing that South Carolina has close to a two to one ratio over Kansas when it come to fan support. I heard that the Kansas coach was given away tickets to students just to get them to come to the games.
Well no, at the time those guys went from G5 conferences to Power 5 conferences. Washington and Texas had won conference and.national championships, Boisie and Houston hadnt.

And as for Kansas being a basketball school…..um….we are a womens basketball school. The WBB is what Gamecocks fans have resorted to as an excuse to support Ray Tanner.

And yes, we will probably be giving away tickets soon also. How is Willy B gonna look at noon this week when our 2-6 team plays Jacksonville State?

The ONLY thing we really have a significant advantage over Kansas football in is our stadium is much bigger and we draw larger crowds.

Well no, at the time those guys went from G5 conferences to Power 5 conferences. Washington and Texas had won conference and.national championships, Boisie and Houston hadnt.

And as for Kansas being a basketball school…..um….we are a womens basketball school. The WBB is what Gamecocks fans have resorted to as an excuse to support Ray Tanner.

And yes, we will probably be giving away tickets soon also. How is Willy B gonna look at noon this week when our 2-6 team plays Jacksonville State?

The ONLY thing we really have a significant advantage over Kansas football in is our stadium is much bigger and we draw larger crowds.
To me what you are saying is a move from Minnesota to Tennessee would be a lateral or step down move because Minnesota has seven championships compared to Tennessee's six. I think it more to it than looking at the past.

One thing I will point about Kansas is since 2007 they won 22 conference games and lost 117. During that time period they had five seasons where they went winless in conference play and eight seasons where they only won one conference game per a season.

This is all a bunch of bullsh!t. Last year Florida scored 38 points on us and beat us. UT scored 38 points on us and we beat them. Does anybody out there believe that we knew every play they were going to run and they still scored 38 freaking points? BS! And just how did this play stealing work to get Hooker hurt when he didn't even get hit? Yeah, that was some nifty play stealing that got that accomplished. Use your freaking heads from something besides parroting some BS you read on the internet people.

To me what you are saying is a move from Minnesota to Tennessee would be a lateral or step down move because Minnesota has seven championships compared to Tennessee's six. I think it more to it than looking at the past.

One thing I will point about Kansas is since 2007 they won 22 conference games and lost 117. During that time period they had five seasons where they went winless in conference play and eight seasons where they only won one conference game per a season.

No, I compared us and Kansas the last 15 years. Washington and Texas won NCs and conference titles in the previous 20 years when coaches took those jobs so it was relatively recent.

Yes Kansas had some rough years, like we did in the late 90s. I just see it as a latetal move. Their rival, Kansas State, is a much better program than us, that would be a step down for a coach to go from KSU to USC.

NCAA: "We didn't find anything that implicates Michigan for sign stealing, but are going to punish SC because its in the NCAA penalty playbook to hammer them when all else fails."

No, I compared us and Kansas the last 15 years. Washington and Texas won NCs and conference titles in the previous 20 years when coaches took those jobs so it was relatively recent.

Yes Kansas had some rough years, like we did in the late 90s. I just see it as a latetal move. Their rival, Kansas State, is a much better program than us, that would be a step down for a coach to go from KSU to USC.
Where I see the difference is that KU is on a upward trajectory and we're, well, I can't honestly say we are maintaining, let alone upward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT