ADVERTISEMENT

Thought we might want to talk about Aaron Rodgers

He lied.

Evading the question, for example could be:

'That's a personal matter.'
'Those who need to know, know.'
'Tell me your status, first.'

There are a lot of sports figure who have made it clear they are not vaccinated and are not planning to get vaccinated. They have been honest and had to withstand the fallout.

Remember, Aaron Rodger is still conducting interviews...even hosting Jeopardy.

He did not say he was vaxxed but he phrased in such way as to deliberately deceive
I agree, but even your wording might be giving him too much credit. If I’m correct, he was directly asked “Are you vaccinated?” And his response of “I’m immunized” is, I feel, a direct lie. He didn’t dodge a question or refuse to answer. He counted on “vaccinated/immunized” to muddy the waters. I’ll take “Politician-style Liars” for $1000, Alex.

Disappointing, but he's always been a weird cat. His girlfriend (fiancee?) is a total kook, too. Absurd situation all around.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
He’s a liar, plain and simple. Don’t know why it’s so hard for adults these days to support and do the right thing. He knows he wasn’t vaccinated and then chose to reject proper protocols set by his employer by not wearing masks, etc….I’d say suspend him half the season, but they’ll want him back to beat the Cowboys

What exactly is the issue? That he didn't directly answer the question? That's his right. Y'all are assuming that he wasn't vaccinated. How do you really know? I know plenty of people who are vaccinated that don't answer the question when asked. Because it's no one's business but theirs.

And don't come at me with the "if he were vaxxed he wouldn't have caught it". I know of 4 breakthrough cases in my family/friends alone. So just stop right there.

What exactly is the issue? That he didn't directly answer the question? That's his right. Y'all are assuming that he wasn't vaccinated. How do you really know? I know plenty of people who are vaccinated that don't answer the question when asked. Because it's no one's business but theirs.

And don't come at me with the "if he were vaxxed he wouldn't have caught it". I know of 4 breakthrough cases in my family/friends alone. So just stop right there.
The issue for me isn't that he isn't vaccinated. The issue is the lying. When asked the question either say it's a personal matter or say it's none of your business. He could've done either of those, but he chose to lie. And make no mistake, he was lying. He knew exactly what he was doing when he said what he did.

Reactions: lostcock
The issue for me isn't that he isn't vaccinated. The issue is the lying. When asked the question either say it's a personal matter or say it's none of your business. He could've done either of those, but he chose to lie. And make no mistake, he was lying. He knew exactly what he was doing when he said what he did.
Well saying you are "immunized" by definition means "immunity typically by inoculation". It seems some are just pissed that he didn't give the answer they wanted him to give. Again, he didn't have to. He can answer/not answer it any way he wants. The League/Packers has let him conduct himself as they did all this time. If that's the case, maybe they know a bit more about his vaccination status than the rest of the world is ASSUMING that they know because of how he answered a question.

Reactions: USC 1992

Either way, it's unfortunate athletes are being put in this position in the first place.

Regardless of how you feel about Rodgers, you can tell he's an intelligent guy just from interviews. It's no secret vaccinated people are catching COVID at a similar rate to the unvaccinated, including players on NFL teams, so the whole thing is ridiculous.

Just ask Pfizer. In 2022, they will be pivoting to their new antiviral as their definitive solution (Ivermectin says hi).

However, they still want to get that "end-tail" vaccine revenue from a bunch of people who have virtually no chance of impact (our nation's youth):

https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...h-medication-eeea3c6a5f6428479e35bc1bcd7aec52

Well saying you are "immunized" by definition means "immunity typically by inoculation". It seems some are just pissed that he didn't give the answer they wanted him to give. Again, he didn't have to. He can answer/not answer it any way he wants. The League/Packers has let him conduct himself as they did all this time. If that's the case, maybe they know a bit more about his vaccination status than the rest of the world is ASSUMING that they know because of how he answered a question.
All of this is too complicated. He lied. If he didn't want to answer, fine. Just tell the reporter it's none of your business. That is better than lying.

Either way, it's unfortunate athletes are being put in this position in the first place.

Regardless of how you feel about Rodgers, you can tell he's an intelligent guy just from interviews. It's no secret vaccinated people are catching COVID at a similar rate to the unvaccinated, including players on NFL teams, so the whole thing is ridiculous.

Just ask Pfizer. In 2022, they will be pivoting to their new antiviral as their definitive solution (Ivermectin says hi).

However, they still want to get that "end-tail" vaccine revenue from a bunch of people who have virtually no chance of impact (our nation's youth):

https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...h-medication-eeea3c6a5f6428479e35bc1bcd7aec52
I don't care if he doesn't get vaccinated. But saying nothing at all is better than lying is all I'm saying. He would have been well within his rights to tell that reporter to mind his own business or that his vax status is a personal matter.

I'm not sure he's all that smart either. I mean, sometimes when people try to be all cool and aloof, people think they're smart.

I don't care if he doesn't get vaccinated. But saying nothing at all is better than lying is all I'm saying. He would have been well within his rights to tell that reporter to mind his own business or that his vax status is a personal matter.

I'm not sure he's all that smart either. I mean, sometimes when people try to be all cool and aloof, people think they're smart.

Well he didn't technically lie and the reporter had no business asking the question in the first place, right? His employer would obviously be a different conversation.

Rodgers is a sharp guy. I'm buddies with one of his friends - Dr. Chad Zehms - who was previously the sideline orthopedic surgeon for the Packers. He's mentioned this on more than one occasion.

Well he didn't technically lie and the reporter had no business asking the question in the first place, right? His employer would obviously be a different conversation.

Rodgers is a sharp guy. I'm buddies with one of his friends - Dr. Chad Zehms - who was previously the sideline orthopedic surgeon for the Packers. He's mentioned this on more than one occasion.
Well, he did have a 35 on the Wonderlic. That's pretty dang good.

Reactions: PaleoCock
He can answer the way he wants, and he did. It just so happens that he told a lie the way he did it.
Again, according to you.

It's interesting that for any other vaccine out there, we can use the word "immunized" as a valid response to getting our MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, etc. vaccines. It's not "are you vaccinated". It's "are you immunized". But for some reason, for this, all of a sudden you're lying if you use that word.

Again, according to you.

It's interesting that for any other vaccine out there, we can use the word "immunized" as a valid response to getting our MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, etc. vaccines. It's not "are you vaccinated". It's "are you immunized". But for some reason, for this, all of a sudden you're lying if you use that word.
Again, I just think you're making it too complicated. He was asked a simple question, and he knew what people would think when he said immunized. When people try to get technical the way he did, it's because they're lying. Just tell the reporter A. the truth...B. it's none of your business...or C. lie.

Aaron went with C.

I also don't understand the point you're trying to make with the whole immunized and vaccinated mean the same thing. If you're saying they mean the same thing, then he still lied, because he hasn't gotten a covid shot. And, again, I don't care if he doesn't, but why immediately go to such an effortless lie the way he did? It just came so natural to him.

He could have just come out and said that he was not vaccinated and dealt with whatever pushback that came with it. However, he wanted to play the comfortable middle by choosing a synonym that would get the media off his back. Although I disagree with Kyrie and all of the other non-vaxxers and people claiming Body Autonomy, I can respect Kyrie because he just told us what it was even though his reasoning didn't make much sense. Rodgers just chose to be a smug liar.

Last edited:
He could have just come out and said that he was not vaccinated and dealt with whatever pushback that came with it. However, he wanted to play the comfortable middle by choosing a synonym that would get the media off his back. Although I disagree with Kyrie and all of the other non-vaxxers and people claiming Body Autonomy, I can respect Kyrie because he just told us what it was even though his reasoning didn't make much sense. Rodgers just chose to be smug liar.

Why do reporters and the general public need to know Rodgers vaccination status though?

Again, his employer is a different discussion, but there's no reason he needs to answer this knucklehead question from a reporter.

Why do reporters and the general public need to know Rodgers vaccination status though?

Again, his employer is a different discussion, but there's no reason he needs to answer this knucklehead question from a reporter.
Then don't answer the question. However, he didn't do that either. He willingly chose to be deceptive because he wanted to be on what he thought was the right side and not get pushback. If you watched the interview in the summer, Rodgers was pretty condescending toward the players that chose not to be vaxxed. He said, "Oh, we shouldn't judge them. At the time, no one knew that "them" meant him as well. I know Rodgers has a lot of supporters. I had no problem with Rodgers, but he is just a "liar" on this one.

Again, according to you.

I had this conversation with the nurse at work and she said there is a big difference between vaccinated and immunized. lots of people don't understand there is a difference.

Then don't answer the question. However, he didn't do that either. He willingly chose to be deceptive because he wanted to be on what he thought was the right side and not get pushback. If you watched the interview in the summer, Rodgers was pretty condescending toward the players that chose not to be vaxxed. He said, "Oh, we shouldn't judge them. At the time, no one knew that "them" meant him as well. I know Rodgers has a lot of supporters. I had no problem with Rodgers, but he is just a "liar" on this one.

Agree. Ideally, he should have passed on the question. However, I don't blame him for the elusive answer.

Ask a crap question. Get a crap answer.

He seems to be firing back with his own defense. But, what I don't understand is the Packers still contend they met all protocols for Covid.

So if so, are we just arguing about whether Rodgers lied to the public but not to his team or the NFL.

I had this conversation with the nurse at work and she said there is a big difference between vaccinated and immunized. lots of people don't understand there is a difference.

They used to be the same. Then the CDC was forced to change the definition of a vaccine a few months ago to accommodate what was going on with this current one. (little/no protection from infection)

He seems to be firing back with his own defense. But, what I don't understand is the Packers still contend they met all protocols for Covid.

So if so, are we just arguing about whether Rodgers lied to the public but not to his team or the NFL.

Exactly.

Pretty much.

I mean, let's not be naive here: It's not exactly shocking that a team would be willing to sweep some things under the rug to keep their star quarterback eligible. They're just in a pickle right now because Rodgers finally fessed up to it, so now they have to insist they did their due diligence to try and save face. The NFL cannot be happy about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT