ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean UGA’s new B-ball Coach...

He better not hire Chuck Martin away from us... This is a good hire for the Dawgs

Reactions: cockgun
not sure why UGA can't win in basketball. You would think that Atlanta alone could supply them with a top 15 team every year.

Reactions: funktavious
But he did win at Indiana. He turned the program around starting with 1 scholly player and probation his first year.

you're kidding yourself with Crean...but hope is a good thing

if winning 55 % in 10 years at tradition rich basketball school Indiana is your definition of "turning around"..so be it

Reactions: THEwinningera
you're kidding yourself with Crean...but hope is a good thing

if winning 55 % in 10 years at tradition rich basketball school Indiana is your definition of "turning around"..so be it
Again, did you see where Indiana was when he got there? The SEC will take notice as we just made a commitment to basketball. Perhaps my basketball hope equates to your football hope but I don't think so. Also, this Indiana tradition hasn't really existed since the 80s. Indiana basketball is much like Nebraska football these days.

Again, did you see where Indiana was when he got there? The SEC will take notice as we just made a commitment to basketball. Perhaps my basketball hope equates to your football hope but I don't think so. Also, this Indiana tradition hasn't really existed since the 80s. Indiana basketball is much like Nebraska football these days.

funny and ok..... ;), ...55 percent is your expectation, fine

...and Indiana FIRED Crean

Last edited:
Reactions: THEwinningera
My UGA friend are disappointed with the hire. If you can't win at Indiana...
I'll be honest and say it wasn't near the hire Matta would have been. But his first three seasons at Indiana shouldn't be factored in. He had to rebuild that program from the ground up and he did it.

I'm not sold that he's gonna make us into what we can be.

Not their first choice though. Interesting to see how he goes over in South Georgia homes and other places in the south.
When he's got Dwayne Wade tweeting that he just became a Dawg fan and he shows the relationships he maintains with former players, he'll do just fine.

not sure why UGA can't win in basketball. You would think that Atlanta alone could supply them with a top 15 team every year.
I think they suffer for the same reason that we do. Georgia is in the heart of ACC country in terms of basketball and the elite players tend to gravitate towards the ACC. We need a few good years as a conference and as a program for perception to change. The last couple of years has helped. It really helped getting so many teams in this year but we need a few more wins when we get the teams there. Auburn really crapped the bed, as did Tennessee. Really hoping the rest of the ACC teams can get knocked out in the next round.

Remember the type of grade A jerkoff Darrin Horn was? Well he learned it from Tom Crean. If he doesnt win a billion games down there between the hedges the people will turn on him in a heartbeat. This guys need to learn some humility

To win in Athens you have to get knee deep in that Atlanta AAU mess. And we all know what that means. We will see if Crean will go that direction, or not. But I don't worry about Crean too much. If he couldn't sustain a big time winner at Indiana, he isn't going to do it at UGA

To win in Athens you have to get knee deep in that Atlanta AAU mess. And we all know what that means. We will see if Crean will go that direction, or not. But I don't worry about Crean too much. If he couldn't sustain a big time winner at Indiana, he isn't going to do it at UGA
Isn't that the same argument the fans of certain schools used against us when we hired Muschamp? And Indiana hadn't been relevant in basketball for a longer period than Florida in football.

Crean inherited a mess from Sampson when he started with a mass exodus of players. He was left with 2 walk-on starters. After his 3rd year of rebuilding, he went to 5 NCAAs in the next 6 years and 3 Sweet Sixteens. Not bad.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT