ADVERTISEMENT

Tomoverrated Brady showing once again why he is not even a top 10 quarterback...

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
...all time or this season. Letting his team down once again now that he isn't being propped up by others or relying on luck or being crooked. Easily the most overrated player in NFL history.

Reactions: taxcock
There's nothing wrong with having the talent of Drew Bledsoe with the luck of a Powerball winner. It has provided him a nice life.

His looks are another thing that's overrated. He's no Joe Flacco in the looks department.
First of all, why are you judging the looks of men? When you are good, you put yourself in position for luck. Do you count the bad luck of the David Tyree helmet catch or the Eli Manning throw to Mario Manningham with his eyes closed? I guess you would really be losing your mind if Brady had 9 Super Bowl Wins instead of 7.

First of all, why are you judging the looks of men? When you are good, you put yourself in position for luck. Do you count the bad luck of the David Tyree helmet catch or the Eli Manning throw to Mario Manningham with his eyes closed? I guess you would really be losing your mind if Brady had 9 Super Bowl Wins instead of 7.
I am secure enough to say when a man looks good....or not. Titanic Billy Zane was as handsome as they come. That Tyree catch wasn't luck. Manning made a grown man play to not get sacked, and Tyree went up and outmanned the defender to get that ball. The fact that he used his helmet to hold on was smart and no different than using a leg or shoulder pad to help hold onto a ball.

You're right, I would be crazy if Mr. Overrated had two more, because they would likely be illegitimate like most of the others. He has one legit ring. Nothing wrong with being in the same category as Mark Rypien.

Titanic Billy Zane was as handsome as they come.
ConstantFlusteredKouprey-size_restricted.gif

Brady deserves credit for success in the past. But when he retired, he should have stayed retired and maybe saved his marriage. He is mortal now - is an average QB according to QB ratings. He pitches fits now, makes bad throws, loses to other bad teams, etc. He has stayed around too long like Namath, Unitas, Ali, and so many others instead of going out on top. What more could he accomplish? He said he likes to compete but don’t seem to be enjoying this year and has to be thankful his team is in a weak division or they’d never be mentioned much.

There's nothing wrong with having the talent of Drew Bledsoe with the luck of a Powerball winner. It has provided him a nice life.

Your comment is silly. Playing contrarian is fine but ludicrous comments aren't contrarian, they are just ignorant.

Never been a fan of Brady myself but watching him play the position has been a lot of fun. His incredible longevity is just one small part of his legacy.

Last edited:
Your comment is silly. Playing contrarian is fine but ludicrously comments aren't contrarian, they are just ignorant.

Never been a fan of Brady myself but watching him play the position has been a lot of fun. His incredible longevity is just one small part of his legacy.

You and Brady have a lot in common. I'm not a fan of you, but you certainly have plenty of longevity on this board, which has cemented your legacy of being an a$$hole and a liar.

But y'all, I'm not hating on Tom Fraudy. He has turned moderately above average talent, great coaching, luck, and cheating into a false veneer of greatness that has fooled even most objective observers. Not bad for a guy with the same number of legit rings as Jeff Hostetler.

...all time or this season. Letting his team down once again now that he isn't being propped up by others or relying on luck or being crooked. Easily the most overrated player in NFL history.
These are ridiculous posts. He is old and stayed one year beyond his shelf life and ruined his personal life because he is an addict to the game. He is not overrated. He is the greatest quarterback in the history of the game. I have never liked him, but I can admit he is the greatest to ever play the game, period full stop.

Last edited:
I believe he has stayed around to pad his stats. Make them unreachable. Unfortunately, it’s at the expense of his team and his marriage

You and Brady have a lot in common. I'm not a fan of you, but you certainly have plenty of longevity on this board, which has cemented your legacy of being an a$$hole and a liar.

But y'all, I'm not hating on Tom Fraudy. He has turned moderately above average talent, great coaching, luck, and cheating into a false veneer of greatness that has fooled even most objective observers. Not bad for a guy with the same number of legit rings as Jeff Hostetler.

Don't care. Irrelevant. I'd only care if you liked me or my comments- then I'd be really concerned.

Brady has moderately above average arm strength. But that is where the "moderate" talk ends.

As the numerous players that have played with him have said repeatedly (even some that didn't like him personally), his ability to coach on the field and demand perfection in everything on and off the field is what sets him apart from other QB's they've played with and seen first hand.

His longevity and ability win into his mid 40's is exceptional and something the entire league has never seen before.

Brady deserves credit for success in the past. But when he retired, he should have stayed retired and maybe saved his marriage. He is mortal now - is an average QB according to QB ratings. He pitches fits now, makes bad throws, loses to other bad teams, etc. He has stayed around too long like Namath, Unitas, Ali, and so many others instead of going out on top. What more could he accomplish? He said he likes to compete but don’t seem to be enjoying this year and has to be thankful his team is in a weak division or they’d never be mentioned much.
I think it is disingenuous to think that his marriage would have been saved over a game. Seems like they may have had other problems besides football. The issue may have been like with a lot of men. Brady liked work (which is football in his case) because being at home was crappy. Also, the fact that Gisele had a boyfriend already lined up before the paper got dry on the divorce papers is suspect. This sounds like a classic case of a female cheating and Brady knew it. So, it was no use to quit playing. As subpar as Brady is playing, for his standards, his team is still in first place in its division and on course for a first round playoff game. All you have to do is get in the tournament and see what happens from there. I don't even like Tom Brady, but for this guy to come on a college football message board questioning a guy that has 3 more Super Bowl Wins than the next QB is ridiculous to me. Since we are being ridiculous, Michael Jordan wasn't that good. He won those six championships through luck. He just threw the ball up and it went in. LOL, of course I'm kidding, but that is how this guy sounds. What I would like to know from this guy. Which one of the 7 is legit.

• Haha
Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I believe he has stayed around to pad his stats. Make them unreachable. Unfortunately, it’s at the expense of his team and his marriage

I think he couldn't turn off the competitive nature of his personality to compete week in and week out.

I think Tampa is happy to have him given the alternative.

Since we are being ridiculous, Michael Jordan wasn't that good. He won those six championships through luck. He just threw the ball up and it went in. LOL, of course I'm kidding, but that is how this guy sounds.

He's just being contrarian.

Part of it is personal for some reason - no one cares either way. The other is just to post something different.

Some contrarians are good at it and have some decent points. This ain't that.

This is more obsession.

Sorry - I'd love to say Brady was overrated, but he's just not. The wheels finally fell off this season, but dude is the best to ever do it.

He's played in 10 super bowls in what will be 23 seasons at the end of this one. That's a 43.4% clip. For reference, Steph Curry, the greatest shooter in basketball history, has a career 42.8% three-point shooting percentage. It's not exactly apples to apples, but the fact that Brady makes the Super Bowl at a better clip than Curry shoots threes is absolutely nuts. It will never happen again.

Reactions: adversary2
As a point of reference for how ridiculous this thread is, there are five QBs in the Hall of Fame that never won a Super Bowl. Yet, here we are having a guy talking about a guy that won 7 was through luck. My hunch is that he likes a QB that is not considered better and he thinks the reason was that he didn't win enough. Peyton Manning perhaps? Come on out Colts fan.

As a point of reference for how ridiculous this thread is, there are five QBs in the Hall of Fame that never won a Super Bowl. Yet, here we are having a guy talking about a guy that won 7 was through luck. My hunch is that he likes a QB that is not considered better and he thinks the reason was that he didn't win enough. Peyton Manning perhaps? Come on out Colts fan.

Oddly enough I think he might be a Drew Bledsoe fan. There has to be at least one, right?

Look, I've said it before. Brady lucked into even playing in the first place. He can thank Bledsoe's vulnerable lung for that. Then, he lucked into a bad call that got them into the first SuperBowl. Then, with the Patriots known cheating, how can we even say two and three were legitimate? I don't. They were handed SuperBowl wins by the Seahawks and Falcons. Run a ball or catch a pass and we're talking about Russell Wilson's second ring or, God help us, the Falcons SuperBowl victory! He may as well not have been on the field against the Rams. He was such a liability that game. He had one good pass and the defense, led by Gilmore....who should've been the SuperBowl MVP....won that game. Brady was not only irrelevant that game, he hurt their chances. Now, he had a good season, so I"ll give him half a credit for that ring. The win in Tampa was due to their defense, but Brady had a good season again, so I'll give him another half credit. Voila! One legitimate SuperBowl. He and Trent Dilfer did pretty well for themselves.

I'm no Manning fan. I don't like him because he whined after the 1997 game in Knoxville that probably cost him the Heisman about how we focused completely on stopping him, but Manning was easily a better quarterback than Brady.

Don't care. Irrelevant. I'd only care if you liked me or my comments- then I'd be really concerned.
You needn't concern yourself with that. No one likes you and even I"m too smart to like your comments. You're too much of a transparent piece of feces for anyone to think otherwise.

Michael Jordan wasn't that good. He won those six championships through luck. He just threw the ball up and it went in. LOL, of course I'm kidding, but that is how this guy sounds. What I would like to know from this guy. Which one of the 7 is legit.
Of course I don't sound like that. I gave perfectly sound reasons why Brady is not as good as people slavishly and shamefully claim him to be. Jordan made his baskets with skill, and that is the main reason he won so much. Not luck. Luck is your opponent throwing the ball on second and goal from the one yard line when you have one of the best RB's in the NFL and a timeout left. Luck is the Falcants not playing it safe and kicking an easy field goal to seal a victory, but choosing to throw the ball and take a huge sack.

I am not saying Brady is worse than Hitler. He may be a great guy, even though he's a cheater. I wish I were as lucky as he's been. Nothing wrong with being lucky.

Of course I don't sound like that. I gave perfectly sound reasons why Brady is not as good as people slavishly and shamefully claim him to be. Jordan made his baskets with skill, and that is the main reason he won so much. Not luck. Luck is your opponent throwing the ball on second and goal from the one yard line when you have one of the best RB's in the NFL and a timeout left. Luck is the Falcants not playing it safe and kicking an easy field goal to seal a victory, but choosing to throw the ball and take a huge sack.

I am not saying Brady is worse than Hitler. He may be a great guy, even though he's a cheater. I wish I were as lucky as he's been. Nothing wrong with being lucky.
What you fail to get is that you have to be in the game in order for cheating or luck to work. You have to win games. You have to be in close games for the luck that you whine about to work out. Yes, he was more of a game manager his first year. However, as he has always done throughout his career, he made the 2 minute drive to get the Patriots in Field Goal Range to win the game. He has proven time and time again that he is the best two minute QB of all time and I was a Peyton Manning guy. However, in key situations, for the most part, Peyton did not get it done. You can't be head to head against a guy, time and again come up short, and still say you are better based on the eye test. You met the guy all those times and you beat him once in Indy and once in Denver. Further, by the time Peyton got to Denver, he was on his way to being a manager as well. So, was Peyton's win over NE in Denver luck too. Luck does go both ways you know.

Further, you want to cry about the Seahawks and Falcons games. However, Brady brought them back from 4th Quarter deficits in both of those and the opposing players and coaches choked. That is the definition of greatness. You come through and your peers succumb and choke under the pressure. He could have choked. He didn't. If you are fair-minded, you have to give him credit for that. The Buccaneer-Chiefs game was just a beatdown, so I guess that is the one you are giving him credit for. Finally, we are reducing your argument to air in footballs that most all of the players didn't notice. There was no stoppage of the games due to the issue and the teams that played were in those games. Would you railing about cheating if he had lost those games. I am a Panthers fan. We blundered that game. It was not about air in footballs. We scored what should have been the winning touchdown with less than two minutes to go. What does our kicker do? Kick the darn ball out of bounds and give the greatest two minute QB of all time the ball where he only has to get two first downs to get in field goal range. Finally, the first Eagles matchup was a 3 point game and the Eagles had the ball to win it at the end. They just didn't get it done. Is that Brady's fault too. Athletics is about execution. However, it is also about timing and things going your way. In the three times Brady lost in the Super Bowl, things did not go his way. They were all close games, and they could have been wins if one or two plays went differently. So, how can you have a problem when the same factor of chance goes his way the other 7 times. That's sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddFlanders

What you're describing isn't luck - it's the game of football. He could only control what he's done on the field - not other team's calls or other team's folding under pressure as adcoop points out. But the dude has been the most consistent, greatest winner of all time. He's had 21 out of 22 seasons with double-digit wins (and the one year under 10 wins he was 9-7). It's insanity when you look at all his numbers. Number one in yards, TD's, completions; 3rd best interception percentage of all time; top 10 in pass yards per game - I hate that you're making me defend him, but there is no questioning that he has made his own "luck."

Also, look who his leading receivers were in New England besides the one year with Randy Moss: Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Gronk, Julian Edelman. You know what they all have in common - under 10,000 career receiving yards each. He never had the superstars - he's made the good players around him great.

You needn't concern yourself with that. No one likes you and even I"m too smart to like your comments. You're too much of a transparent piece of feces for anyone to think otherwise.

No one cares if you like me, agree with me, or not. Why would anyone on a message board care if someone "likes" them? That is completely irrelevant and non-sensical.

Last edited:
An old adage of coaches: “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”

When a fan is relegated to describing numerous instances of "luck" - like a bunch of them - and those instances don't just result in good plays- but multiple championships, etc- then you know the fan isn't being honest with himself.

No one cares if you like me, agree with me, or not. Why would anyone on a message board care if someone "likes" them? That is completely irrelevant and non-sensical.
Not just me. No one. But its a win win. No one likes you because you are a POS and a liar and you don't care. So everyone is happy.

Some of y'all sure love finding excuses for lucky cheaters. It's okay to disagree with the majority when they're wrong. Now he's refusing to shower. Sad.

Old Matt Cassel even went 11-5 in 2008 with the Patriots. Then Fraudy came back the next year and had a worse record. To even get outdone by Matt Cassel...wow! Finally, the football world is seeing the real Brady, without great coaching or the ability to benefit from rulebreaking and abject luck. To have the ability of Carson Palmer and the luck of a guy that owns a four leaf clover farm....congrats Tom!

Some of y'all sure love finding excuses for lucky cheaters. It's okay to disagree with the majority when they're wrong. Now he's refusing to shower. Sad.

Old Matt Cassel even went 11-5 in 2008 with the Patriots. Then Fraudy came back the next year and had a worse record. To even get outdone by Matt Cassel...wow! Finally, the football world is seeing the real Brady, without great coaching or the ability to benefit from rulebreaking and abject luck. To have the ability of Carson Palmer and the luck of a guy that owns a four leaf clover farm....congrats Tom!

Step back from the edge. LOL

I'll take luck, the career leader in wins as a QB, completions, td passes, and 7 Super Bowls any time.

Anyone else can cry about it all they want.

This is pathetic. You are reveling in a guy finally falling off at 45? What QB played well even at age 40? The reasons you stalk Tom Brady, in a sports sort of way, are weird indeed.

This is pathetic. You are reveling in a guy finally falling off at 45? What QB played well even at age 40? The reasons you stalk Tom Brady, in a sports sort of way, are weird indeed.
45? He was early 30's when he showed that Matt Cassel was rihgt there with him. And I'm no fool and I"m fair. I don't think Cassel and Brady were equals. Brady was a bit better. Still, given all the advantages Brady had, Cassel might've won 3 or 4 rings in New England. Thousands of current and former NFL players would be thrilled to have one legit ring. NOthing wrong with being in the same category as Trent Dilfer and Tom Brady.

Ahh….you were conveniently absent last week when he led his team to two TDs in the final minutes for the win. Reminds me alleged SC fans who only post after a loss or a hire someone forgot to consult them on.

Ahh….you were conveniently absent last week when he led his team to two TDs in the final minutes for the win. Reminds me alleged SC fans who only post after a loss or a hire someone forgot to consult them on.
I have also been absent plenty of times this year when he let his team down.....again! I can't be here 24/7.

I have also been absent plenty of times this year when he let his team down.....again! I can't be here 24/7.
How convenient. Doesn’t Tampa Bay have a message board you can talk to about Brady?

How convenient. Doesn’t Tampa Bay have a message board you can talk to about Brady?
Probably. Isn't there another board where you can talk about "The Dems just keep on giving….but America votes for these clowns so why be amazed. Plus, anyone investing in something that doesn't exist is asking to go broke."?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT