ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 WBB Players for next season

Should be a great season next year across wbb.

I have no doubt that our starting PG (Henderson) is up for the challenge - she better.

I've always liked this kid 9. Elissa Cunane, NC State. She has a nice future ahead of her.

Should be a great season next year across wbb.

I have no doubt that our starting PG (Henderson) is up for the challenge - she better.

I've always liked this kid 9. Elissa Cunane, NC State. She has a nice future ahead of her.
Next year will be interesting.....

I think the starting five next year will be Boston, Beal, Saxton, Cooke and Henderson.
This will be a team that will be as fast as last year’s and just as good on defense and rebounding.

On O Littleton will fill some of the 3 pt loss BUT Grissett, Saxton, and Beal will need to expand their shooting range. Henderson will need to have less turnovers. Cooke will need to be more judicious in shot selection. Boston get in better shape. Amihere get stronger and better understand offense; when she can put it on the floor, pass out of double team.

Do this and keep the team first chemistry and we repeat as SEC and National champs

Reactions: Gamekem and vacock#
Next year will be interesting.....

I think the starting five next year will be Boston, Beal, Saxton, Cooke and Henderson.
This will be a team that will be as fast as last year’s and just as good on defense and rebounding.

On O Littleton will fill some of the 3 pt loss BUT Grissett, Saxton, and Beal will need to expand their shooting range. Henderson will need to have less turnovers. Cooke will need to be more judicious in shot selection. Boston get in better shape. Amihere get stronger and better understand offense; when she can put it on the floor, pass out of double team.

Do this and keep the team first chemistry and we repeat as SEC and National champs

Agreed. It will be an interesting season. I think all the players should be working with independent trainers from now. The good think about the cancellation of the Olympics is that Aimhere has those 1-2 extra months to focus on college ball and just get better. I still have faith in the kid, but she's just a long work in progress.

Henderson can work on passing and decision making to. Cooke just needs to calm down. Don't force the shot.

Grissett will be the lone senior. Staley always mentioned her name as a leader for the younger ones. So that's something. Getting better shooting range is good, but we don't need her to do too much more than she did last season.

And there's still chance that we get a good grad transfer in here.

Last edited:
Definitely need a forward that can hit a jump shot of 15' like Kiki. If Beal works on her shot, she can be that position take over.

Long time lurker. First day poster. Corona slows things down, so here I am. I hope Amihere can just get stronger. She seemed to have plenty of potential but has these moving parts that just did not sync from game to game, and she was just not ready for big time basketball. BUT - she could be the 15' shooter. She has a nice stroke, and was 7/13 on 3 pointers this year. Overall shot 42% on the year. Get stronger and make a big leap from frosh to soph and she would make us really strong. Or maybe the leap does not come for another year - like Grissett. Back to Amihere -- the girl can block shots, too!

Amihere needs to work a lot on ball handling, catching the ball and using her height driving to the basket. (Shoots a lay up from the hip). I sincerely hope she makes the turn. Staley gave her a lot of playing time this year.

Long time lurker. First day poster. Corona slows things down, so here I am. I hope Amihere can just get stronger. She seemed to have plenty of potential but has these moving parts that just did not sync from game to game, and she was just not ready for big time basketball. BUT - she could be the 15' shooter. She has a nice stroke, and was 7/13 on 3 pointers this year. Overall shot 42% on the year. Get stronger and make a big leap from frosh to soph and she would make us really strong. Or maybe the leap does not come for another year - like Grissett. Back to Amihere -- the girl can block shots, too!
Great first post, Amihere has the potential to be the best player in her recruiting class. She's so versatile and athletic but she needs more confidence in her game and her leg. Her 3 ball was looking pretty good towards the end of the season. If she can get it together and if Boston can improve her conditioning/ 3 pointer then this team could really put our opponents on their toes.

Amihere needs to work a lot on ball handling, catching the ball and using her height driving to the basket. (Shoots a lay up from the hip). I sincerely hope she makes the turn. Staley gave her a lot of playing time this year.
The ironic thing is Amihere is an excellent ballhandler.... in the open court. She does not know how to use her body and height and thinks she can dribble in the post. Strength and experience and she could be the best player on the team.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT