ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 for Kereon Joyner

How do I not know this story?

There's 2 main Lawing stories (drunk dialing and life changes/leaving for florida), but they are seldom written down, and they've never been reported in the media from what I remember. And when they are written down they get deleted from forums, usually after they are exaggerated and embellished. They're both embarrassing for him and us. But the former one is funny as heck.

There's 2 main Lawing stories (drunk dialing and life changes/leaving for florida), but they are seldom written down, and they've never been reported in the media from what I remember. And when they are written down they get deleted from forums, usually after they are exaggerated and embellished. They're both embarrassing for him and us. But the former one is funny as heck.

Ok, thanks, I know the general story about why he left and issues around it, but did not hear the drunk dialing portion. Sometimes we all just can not get out of our own way I guess

All other things being equal, why would a young man want to go out of state to play ball if he can get a good match in state? Closer to family, and the name recognition and contacts can help him in life after football. Gamecocks are a first class program and not far from home. Being a Gamecock would help him later in life. Hopefully, he will make the Sunday league, but regardless...
Some people just like to go out of state for college. Whether it's NC State or Cal or Oxford or the University of Japan.

B Mac could have been pretty good if he would have developed more. And if our Team was better.
Can't never know for sure what's gonna happen with a player, especially a quarterback. Some guys are great until they get hit by Clowney.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I've never seen him live. Just his film but sometimes that can be misleading. I was sure BMac was gonna be special here. So what about DJ makes him different from BMac. I'm not asking sarcastically. I'm nervous about the hype around this kid. So just wanted the opinion of someone who has actually seen him live.

He is not BMac...They are different people...Joyner has a much better arm and is a more elusive runner...BMac might have been a great QB here...We will never know because he punked out and ran from the competition....I don't know why we don't realize these players are not finished product as HS seniors or freshmen...Most fans saw Connor Shaw as a freshmen and posted he would never be a player at QB...There was talk among fans of moving Shaw to wide receiver...

Where have I heard this before? Let's hope that this board doesn't explode if we don't land another seventeen-year-old kid like it did when he who must not be named chose the upstate school. I only care if they choose to play for the Garnet & Black. Otherwise, let it go . . .

You're absolutely correct . It's no big deal to lose two of the top national recruits in the country who both grew up in your backyard . Who wants those program changing type of players anyway when you can keep bringing in project 3 stars that really want to play for USC . If we are really lucky we can spend the next few bowl seasons in lovely downtown Birmingham during the holidays . Can't wait !!!

This shouldn't be that hard to figure out, should it? How heavy are we (and N.C. State) still recruiting QBs in this class? Wouldn't that give us a hint as to where he's going?

You're absolutely correct . It's no big deal to lose two of the top national recruits in the country who both grew up in your backyard . Who wants those program changing type of players anyway when you can keep bringing in project 3 stars that really want to play for USC . If we are really lucky we can spend the next few bowl seasons in lovely downtown Birmingham during the holidays . Can't wait !!!

Oh, and it's such a good idea to cry and throw a tantrum when 17 year-old kids don't do what you expect or want them to. This isn't the high school prom. Figure out a better way to deal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT