ADVERTISEMENT

Totally out of left field. The 2006 liberty bowl..

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Wasnt there a 4th and goal from around midfield in that game against Houston?
I cant remember what exactly happened.

I can’t remember that but I remember it was like 27-28 at halftime and we completely shut them down in the second half. That was an Art Briles coached team too, think they’d won something like 10 games coming in.

I watched it at a bar and had a good time, the details of that game escape me beside we won and scored a bunch and Sidney Rice was awesome.

I remember it was almost half time we were at the goal line ready to score Mitchell throws a pick 6 and instead of up by 2 touchdowns, they were then even.

I remember it was almost half time we were at the goal line ready to score Mitchell throws a pick 6 and instead of up by 2 touchdowns, they were then even.
That's a mistake a QB should never make-an int in the endzone(or even in the red zone for that matter). It drives me crazy. It's easy to criticize such a mistake with all the pressure a QB has to deal with but that's why he's the starting QB. Throw the ball out of bounds. Throw it over everyone's head in the endzone. This should be drilled and practiced into a QB's head.

Spent that whole day in the hospital waiting on the birth of my first child. Things got really going right before kick-off. Never saw a down. One of just a few things that would prevent me from watching a Carolina football game.

Reactions: jeff2001
Wasnt there a 4th and goal from around midfield in that game against Houston?
I cant remember what exactly happened.
Yep. Houston qb was running chasing down a bad snap I believe and he kicked it out of bounds to prevent us from recovering it. I think that a penalty was added on after that.

Reactions: jeff2001

That was against Mizzou in the Independence Bowl the previous year. It was 21-0 and that was when Blake threw the pick-6. We scored on the next possession to make it 28-7 but that pick-6 woke Mizzou up. I remember Brad Smith scoring on a TD run right before halftime to make it 28-14 and not feeling good at all because it seemed like they were gaining momentum.

That was against Mizzou in the Independence Bowl the previous year. It was 21-0 and that was when Blake threw the pick-6. We scored on the next possession to make it 28-7 but that pick-6 woke Mizzou up. I remember Brad Smith scoring on a TD run right before halftime to make it 28-14 and not feeling good at all because it seemed like they were gaining momentum.
My error. I thought there was something close to that against Houston.

My error. I thought there was something close to that against Houston.
The Houston game is when both teams scored a combined 28 points in the last 3-4 minutes of the first half. We had scored to make it 27-21 and with around 20 seconds left Houston threw an 80 yard touchdown to make it 28-27 going into the half.

I went to this game with friends and had a good time. I do recall Houston’s band had this thing where they mirrored the sound of a train before kickoffs.

I had a great time on that trip. Made the trip with three buds and stayed in tunica. Three days of poker and killed it.

I was in London over the holidays that year so I set my VCR to record while I was away. Needless to say, I was able to avoid hearing the score until I got home.
I ended up recording two games while away, if memory serves, and on the same tape I had Clemson losing to Auburn (I believe). It was fun to watch a week later not knowing the results!

Reactions: Proudcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT